• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Extra-Dimensional Traveler's Club

1444985656-14fa400783a3ff22aed4cfa6965fa8ec.jpeg

It's the day of the annual Club Recruiting Festival, a half-day event that happens the first day of school, instead of the usual thing that happens in most other schools. It starts at normal school time (9) and ends at 1, thus concluding the day.

Everyone had their booths set up. There's food, fun and, most importantly, Clubs recruiting for their club. The atmosphere was pleasant. Not a cloud in the sky, but it wasn't too hot. Days like this were rare

Sitting nearing the middle was a booth for the Extra-Dimensional Travelers Club. It sounded weird but the sales pitch was solid, courtesy of her "friend," Avery. The one who ran the booth was a girl named Scarlet Moore, a Junior.

"This club is not for the faint of heart, but I promise you, the Extra-Dimensional Travelers Club is by far the most rewarding experience you will have in your natural born life."

Sitting on the table was a bunch of medallions, necklaces, amulets, and lots of other relics.

@hexaphenylbenzene

@Milus

@Jailbird

@Thane Korino

Last edited by a moderator:
Sesler walked inquisitively by each booth, bored with the mediocrity of most. Crystal Rivers was a fine place, sure, but it lacked excitement. Always seeking the next thrill, he'd look closer at the wide variety. Although his fencing days were behind him, he missed the agile grace of twisting blades. He'd stopped at one particular booth, looking at the odd array of items. With a gruff, deepened voice, Ses would say-

"Extra-Dimensional, huh? I take it these bits and pieces are...proof?"

He was a bit skeptical. He wanted no involvement in a fanatic cluster.

Originally, Lan wasn't even going to come to school. He'd never been in any club before, shirking them off as something only desperate people joined to try to make friends, of which he needed none. He had people he would hang out with to get into parties, and maybe one or two other people that he liked, but generally he wasn't interested in attempting to make any "lasting" relationships. He was in high school. He'd have time to do that when he wasn't worrying about a math test or hiding beer under his bed.

But, somehow, one of those people that he liked had convinced him to come, if not just to peoplewatch and see if any of the basketball players had decided that, yes, it was certainly still tank top season. Lan himself arrived about an hour into the parade of sociality, sticking close to a cluster of acquaintances and occasionally ogling at a certain sports-team captain every time they just so "happened" to pass one another. He was starting to lose interest around one when his group shuffled past a slightly less-bustling sector of the fair, and one particular booth caught his eye. "Extra-Dimensional travelers club". Hmm. He paused, letting his group get away from him as he observed the people in the booth.

There was a girl a bit older than him, and one rather bulky suspect standing behind her in a chair. Lan was fairly certain he'd seen her around the halls at one point or another, but her name had slipped his mind, if he'd ever known it to begin with. There was another boy, also older than him, standing in front of the table. Littered across said table was what looked to be various necklaces and charms, and as his eyes flitted across the selection, one in particular caught his eye. A small, greenish disk with strange engravings around the edges. Feigning his regular nonchalance, he stepped forward and leaned over the table a bit, hands folded behind his back. "So.. what exactly is this club? The name is a little vague." He said, voice high and clear as he flicked his gaze up to the girl sitting in the booth.

Milus said:
Sesler walked inquisitively by each booth, bored with the mediocrity of most. Crystal Rivers was a fine place, sure, but it lacked excitement. Always seeking the next thrill, he'd look closer at the wide variety. Although his fencing days were behind him, he missed the agile grace of twisting blades. He'd stopped at one particular booth, looking at the odd array of items. With a gruff, deepened voice, Ses would say-
"Extra-Dimensional, huh? I take it these bits and pieces are...proof?"

He was a bit skeptical. He wanted no involvement in a fanatic cluster.
hexaphenylbenzene said:
Originally, Lan wasn't even going to come to school. He'd never been in any club before, shirking them off as something only desperate people joined to try to make friends, of which he needed none. He had people he would hang out with to get into parties, and maybe one or two other people that he liked, but generally he wasn't interested in attempting to make any "lasting" relationships. He was in high school. He'd have time to do that when he wasn't worrying about a math test or hiding beer under his bed.
But, somehow, one of those people that he liked had convinced him to come, if not just to peoplewatch and see if any of the basketball players had decided that, yes, it was certainly still tank top season. Lan himself arrived about an hour into the parade of sociality, sticking close to a cluster of acquaintances and occasionally ogling at a certain sports-team captain every time they just so "happened" to pass one another. He was starting to lose interest around one when his group shuffled past a slightly less-bustling sector of the fair, and one particular booth caught his eye. "Extra-Dimensional travelers club". Hmm. He paused, letting his group get away from him as he observed the people in the booth.

There was a girl a bit older than him, and one rather bulky suspect standing behind her in a chair. Lan was fairly certain he'd seen her around the halls at one point or another, but her name had slipped his mind, if he'd ever known it to begin with. There was another boy, also older than him, standing in front of the table. Littered across said table was what looked to be various necklaces and charms, and as his eyes flitted across the selection, one in particular caught his eye. A small, greenish disk with strange engravings around the edges. Feigning his regular nonchalance, he stepped forward and leaned over the table a bit, hands folded behind his back. "So.. what exactly is this club? The name is a little vague." He said, voice high and clear as he flicked his gaze up to the girl sitting in the booth.
"Why hello, fine gentlemen. This here is my friend, Avery." Avery smiled at them. Avery looked just as ambiguous as their name and Avery's voice gave nothing away

b5f70ebbd48330_full.jpg

"Greetings, guys. My name's Avery. The club name sounds weird, but it's actually self-explanatory."

Scarlet stood up and spoke in a low voice. "Allow me to demonstrate what these relics are." She looked around a bit to make sure no-one was looking. The amulet on her neck flashed. Avery disappeared for a second, then reappeared

@hexaphenylbenzene

@Milus

Not allowing the feeling of shock to touch his face, Sesler would then say, amused-

"Any...requirements? Does the school allow this?"

He spoke in a whisper, the commerce of people overshadowing his voice.

"And how exactly do you travel these...dimensions?"

Sesler had a background of debate team records, though he couldn't help but show a bit of the child-like excitement.

When the.. human? sitting next to the other girl stood, Lan automatically took a step back, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his shorts. He flicked his eyes over to the boy standing next to him and studied him briefly as he spoke. "Yeah, I think that'd be pretty pertinent information. Do you all use those.. whatevers to travel? What qualifies as another dimension?" He asked, brows furrowing over the top of his glasses in question. He leaned forward again, as he had a tendency to do, bending neatly at the waist and tilting his head ever so slightly to the side.

Cleo sat quietly in a chair next to Scarlet and Avery and played with her gold bracelet on her wrist. The old European design of lion curling around her wrist fit her like it was made for her, which Cleo often considered seeing as she and her friends traveled to and fro throughout time and space. Her feet were propped up on the table as two students approached their booth. Her green eyes watched as Avery vanished and reappeared and grinned as the students' eyes widen in amazement.

"They are called relics, and this only one of the things they can do." She quipped up, rising to her to feet and trusting her arm forward to show off her gold bracelet. "Each one reacts differently to every person, giving them something a little special." She winked as she finished.

Milus said:
Not allowing the feeling of shock to touch his face, Sesler would then say, amused-
"Any...requirements? Does the school allow this?"

He spoke in a whisper, the commerce of people overshadowing his voice.

"And how exactly do you travel these...dimensions?"

Sesler had a background of debate team records, though he couldn't help but show a bit of the child-like excitement.
hexaphenylbenzene said:
When the.. human? sitting next to the other girl stood, Lan automatically took a step back, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his shorts. He flicked his eyes over to the boy standing next to him and studied him briefly as he spoke. "Yeah, I think that'd be pretty pertinent information. Do you all use those.. whatevers to travel? What qualifies as another dimension?" He asked, brows furrowing over the top of his glasses in question. He leaned forward again, as he had a tendency to do, bending neatly at the waist and tilting his head ever so slightly to the side.
Scarlet perked up, absorbing the questions. "We don't use the Relics." She then hesitated. "I can't say anything else. We can't have just anyone join. As I said, it's not for the faint of heart. That's why it's not well-known."

Avery perked up. "All of these relics have a different function. However, instead of telling you, we believe it best for you to find out on your own."

"Then his does one get in? Besides being able to stomach whatever deters the others."

His eyes scanned the relics, mentally choosing ones to closely inspect later. He was now fully intrigued. Perhaps other dimensions was the spice in life he wanted.

"Give me an example of the.. dimensions you travel to. What could possibly be in them that would be so," He paused again, frustrated. He was normally so eloquent, and he was unsure why words were escaping him at the moment, "So dangerous." He concluded lamely, standing up a bit straighter and pulling his hands out of his pockets to cross them over his chest. "And more importantly, I think, what is your name? I know your face but I can't remember what your name is." He said, turning his eyes from the table to the one who appeared to be the leader, "And both of you as well." He gestured to the other boy and to the girl sitting in the back with his thumb and pinky fingers.

Milus said:
"Then his does one get in? Besides being able to stomach whatever deters the others."
His eyes scanned the relics, mentally choosing ones to closely inspect later. He was now fully intrigued. Perhaps other dimensions was the spice in life he wanted.
hexaphenylbenzene said:
"Give me an example of the.. dimensions you travel to. What could possibly be in them that would be so," He paused again, frustrated. He was normally so eloquent, and he was unsure why words were escaping him at the moment, "So dangerous." He concluded lamely, standing up a bit straighter and pulling his hands out of his pockets to cross them over his chest. "And more importantly, I think, what is your name? I know your face but I can't remember what your name is." He said, turning his eyes from the table to the one who appeared to be the leader, "And both of you as well." He gestured to the other boy and to the girl sitting in the back with his thumb and pinky fingers.
Scarlet smiled. She was happy to have some sort of interest. "It's simple, but complicated. You have to pass a psychological exam, physical and medical exam, and have proof of insurance. All of this can be done tomorrow in the clubroom."

"As for what's worth risking your actual lives for? In every dimension, there is 1 Relic........." Scarlet pointed down to the relics on the table. "........and there's 1 artifact that's incredibly expensive. They'll bring you a lot of money. There's still the travel portion of the club. You will see sights you will literally never see otherwise. Some worlds can be dangerous and some will be easy."

"Mas-" Avery sighed upon catching himself. "You didn't introduce yourself yet."

"Oh yea. My name is Scarlet Moore. 17, Junior, and president of the EDT Club."

"I'm Sesler. Now-" He'd say, turning to Scarlet, " I can sign any papers here now, and do my exams whenever they are earliest. These relics, are they for show only? Or are they initial gifts?"

He'd speak with the voice of a trained speaker, punctual at the end of each sentence and made constant eye contact as he spoke.

"And where exactly IS this clubroom?"

Milus said:
"I'm Sesler. Now-" He'd say, turning to Scarlet, " I can sign any papers here now, and do my exams whenever they are earliest. These relics, are they for show only? Or are they initial gifts?"
He'd speak with the voice of a trained speaker, punctual at the end of each sentence and made constant eye contact as he spoke.

"And where exactly IS this clubroom?"
Scarlet pushed a piece of paper and a pen for them to fill out. "The Relics are only gifts as long as you remain in the club. If you leave, it's a $5,000 fee to 'replace' it if it ends up damaged or lost. I'm sure no-one would want such a fee withholding them from college."

Avery looked towards the school. "The clubroom is on the East Wing, 2 doors down from the Gym, on the left-side."

Lan's eyebrows shot into his hairline at the mention of the fee, but he couldn't help feeling incredibly intrigued by all of this. He all but snatched the pen off of the table and jotted his name down onto the paper without another thought, making a mental note to himself to remember to bring his wallet with his insurance card tomorrow. "So. That's done. I'm Lan, by the way, and is there anything else that we'll need to hear now or can I leave?" He asked, setting the pen back down on the paper and leaning back on the balls of his feet, hands returning to his pockets.

With a skeptical narrowing of his eyes, Sesler wrote his name down, looking over the legal debuting and loopholes through it. His father and he before him were lawyers, and it was expected of him to continue. Standing to his full 6'4" height, he'd pivot on his heel, striding away upon his lanky stride. His limbs were scrawnily cut, and his facial features were trimmed as well, with no excess fat upon it.

hexaphenylbenzene said:
Lan's eyebrows shot into his hairline at the mention of the fee, but he couldn't help feeling incredibly intrigued by all of this. He all but snatched the pen off of the table and jotted his name down onto the paper without another thought, making a mental note to himself to remember to bring his wallet with his insurance card tomorrow. "So. That's done. I'm Lan, by the way, and is there anything else that we'll need to hear now or can I leave?" He asked, setting the pen back down on the paper and leaning back on the balls of his feet, hands returning to his pockets.
Milus said:
With a skeptical narrowing of his eyes, Sesler wrote his name down, looking over the legal debuting and loopholes through it. His father and he before him were lawyers, and it was expected of him to continue. Standing to his full 6'4" height, he'd pivot on his heel, striding away upon his lanky stride. His limbs were scrawnily cut, and his facial features were trimmed as well, with no excess fat upon it.
Scarlet thought anything else needed. "Nope," she said. "That's about it. Just come by the clubroom tomorrow and we'll perform all the tests and we'll let you choose which Relic you want."

Avery nodded. "If you have any more questions, you can either ask now, or you can wait until tomorrow."

"Fantastic." He replied, nodding curtly to everyone present and quickly making his way back to his group, mind practically buzzing. Tomorrow simply couldn't come quickly enough. He vaguely wondered if they would all get assigned a 'relic' immediately or if it they would be able to choose. He knew exactly which one he would choose, so he hoped for the latter. Oh well. He'd find out tomorrow.

Namir was running about the place and the various booths and clubs. When a specific club or at least its name had particularly caught his eye. 'Extra dimensional travelers club' now that sounded like a pretty amazing name for a sci-fi club, he assumed. He was quickly on his way over toward the club booth. It seemed already a few people were at the booth and at least one was walking away from it so some new recruits for the club were bound to be there which was also cool. He quickly looked over the various items on display and seemed excited even further. They already had props from the actual movies. "awesome..." he muttered to himself before looking up.

"Where's the sign up sheet?" Namir asked looking up toward the two he assumed were running the booth.

[QUOTE="Thane Korino]Namir was running about the place and the various booths and clubs. When a specific club or at least its name had particularly caught his eye. 'Extra dimensional travelers club' now that sounded like a pretty amazing name for a sci-fi club, he assumed. He was quickly on his way over toward the club booth. It seemed already a few people were at the booth and at least one was walking away from it so some new recruits for the club were bound to be there which was also cool. He quickly looked over the various items on display and seemed excited even further. They already had props from the actual movies. "awesome..." he muttered to himself before looking up.
"Where's the sign up sheet?" Namir asked looking up toward the two he assumed were running the booth.

[/QUOTE]
"Aye," Scarlet said. "I promise you, you won't be disappointed. You will love the sights you see, the things you encounter, the money you make, and the Relics you collect." She pushed the sign-up sheet over to the guy along with a pen

"All you have to do is come by the clubroom tomorrow before, during, or after school to complete the initial screening."

Vanya

The youngest of the siblings was always trying to escape her overprotective brother. He wouldn't allow her to do anything, especially with boys even though he and their father taught her martial arts. Vanya was small though so people constantly thought they could take advantage of her, but it ended with them on their backs, either from her or Bryn. Bryn, on the other hand, was typically dubbed a brute because he took action before reason when dealing with his baby sister. Today was like any other, Vanya convinced Bryn that she would join the chess club and that he could go look around, he left and after she beat the chess president she left.

Vanya circled around the Festival and mad her way over to the EDT club booth,"Hmmmm,"The short girl mumbled as she looked over all of the relics, picking a ring up,"This seems to come from the early medieval time period. or what I like to call, the King Arthur Periods....What is this club anyway?"Vanya was short had the appearance of a 6th grader, but the way she spoke was very intellectual and eloquent.

Namir seemed to be practically bouncing up and down in place. It was not just an ordinary sci-fi club for watching the movies and being fans but they also made their own independent films? That was pretty amazing to. He quickly wrote his name down in cursive as to make it be or seem more official. "Which club room number is it in?" Namir said rather excitedly.

He seemed to be having a case of tunnel vision at the moment as he did not notice the short girl approach the booth. That was until she spoke up and picked up an object from the table. Which rather made him freeze in his tracks in a bit of shock and panic. Not sure if they were allowed to touch the props or not, when they were on display.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jailbird said:
Vanya

The youngest of the siblings was always trying to escape her overprotective brother. He wouldn't allow her to do anything, especially with boys even though he and their father taught her martial arts. Vanya was small though so people constantly thought they could take advantage of her, but it ended with them on their backs, either from her or Bryn. Bryn, on the other hand, was typically dubbed a brute because he took action before reason when dealing with his baby sister. Today was like any other, Vanya convinced Bryn that she would join the chess club and that he could go look around, he left and after she beat the chess president she left.

Vanya circled around the Festival and mad her way over to the EDT club booth,"Hmmmm,"The short girl mumbled as she looked over all of the relics, picking a ring up,"This seems to come from the early medieval time period. or what I like to call, the King Arthur Periods....What is this club anyway?"Vanya was short had the appearance of a 6th grader, but the way she spoke was very intellectual and eloquent.
"You have a sharp eye," Scarlet said with a smile. "If you look at the table, all of these relics are from places you may or may not have heard of.......we see the sights, meet the people, and collect the relics and artifacts." Scarlet pulled closer to the girl. "It's unlike anything you've ever seen before in your life."

[QUOTE="Thane Korino]Namir seemed to be practically bouncing up and down in place. It was not just an ordinary sci-fi club for watching the movies and being fans but they also made their own independent films? That was pretty amazing to. He quickly wrote his name down in cursive as to make it be or seem more official. "Which club room number is it in?" Namir said rather excitedly.
He seemed to be having a case of tunnel vision at the moment as he did not notice the short girl approach the booth. That was until she spoke up and picked up an object from the table. Which rather made him freeze in his tracks in a bit of shock and panic. Not sure if they were allowed to touch the props or not, when they were on display.

[/QUOTE]
Avery, meanwhile, spoke to the guy. "Room number 313-E." E stood for East-Wing. He saw his hesitation when the girl touched the relics. "Go ahead. We can't activate them until you're instated into the Extra-Dimensional Traveler's Club, so they're basically just pieces of metal right now." This was a security measure to keep people from accidentally activating them and trying to escape to keep them for themselves.

A book club should have been fine. But it has been 2 years, no, 3 years of silence and solitude in the confines of libraries and bookshelves that prompted Ashley to rethink her decision from joining yet another light novel reading club. Besides, the reading can be done on her free time. Backing away from the booth of her initial choice, as well as bidding farewell to the bookworm in front of her, Ashley glanced over her shoulders for the other booths that were initiating the recruitment drive.

The semi chaotic atmosphere at the recruiting stations meant most idle chit chat would be gibberish to the passerby ears, and only shouts could be heard from a stone throw distance away. Nothing really caught her attention except the end of the line which she was at, and she have already given up on joining it. Having transferred here also meant that she knew no friends that would introduce her into this place. Feeling a air of change for once, yet without anyone to guide, she began to sort this out herself for the first time.

The sports was definitely out of the question.
She wasn't athletic by any means. And her red rimmed spectacles would get in the way each time she ran, or jumped, or dived. Being short sighted was already bad, if not breaking the very spectacles that one relies on everyday during these sporting activities. With that thought she wandered into the crowd again, carefully sliding in between groups of strangers. Though she wasn't nimble at all, she do enjoy a arm length of personal space each time, especially this time with strangers. Maybe she will make friends later that would sit closer, but for now, she is alone, in a new school. The feeling wasn't of fear nor anxiety, but was uncertainty that led her to distant herself from others.

The crowd was alive, and in no way respecting her boundaries of personal space. And after a slight moment of evading them, she found a quite silent vacant spot in the middle of the booths. The larger crowds in front of her deterred her determination to move forward until their dispersed, thus she looked around her area and the strangely named booth, and the people around it.

Extra-Dimensional Travellers Club. What could it really mean ? She pondered awhile at the title. Amused by it, as the name reminded her of a book she once read, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, she moved herself beside the chatting students, quietly observing their talk. And when all of them have done talking, she took in the notes they spoke.

Kylesar1 said:
"All you have to do is come by the clubroom tomorrow before, during, or after school to complete the initial screening. Room number 313-E."
With a mental note she remembered, before leaving the middle section of the recruitment booth, continuing on her search...

Vanya

Vanya smiled slightly at the idea of something different,"What exactly do you guys do? Do study these artifacts, study where they come from, and the history behind them? I am asking because I would love to join, but my brother would never let me.....Unless...."Vanya stopped talking as she thought of a plan to trick her brother into signing both of them. Walked around the booth and sat the ground, hiding her from view," My older brother will be running by when I finish speaking. I am going to need to make this club seem like the safest place compared to the other clubs. Just tell him that all you do is sit in a room and study relics and histo-"

Bryn

A tall male with hair that draped his right shoulder walked with haste past the booth, looking around as if he was lost or looking for someone. Bryn stopped and backtracked to the booth looking over everybody,"Excuse me! Have you seen a girl around this height with long silver hair in twin braids" Bryn looked at Scarlet and then back to Avery, since they seemed to be in charge or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back