Excuse me, but do you have a moment to talk about our lord and savior Cthulhu?

Yamiseraphim

Hello everyone,

I'd like to begin by expressing my profound sorrow that I, unfortunately, do not currently have the moment to spare speaking about our lord and savior Cthulhu, even if you have the moment available to listen. However, if you would like to speak about him, feel free to do so.

Now that that's out of the way, on to all about me, I am boring. The end.

Congratulations! You endured this far to find out about me, you must be bored... Fine then, I'll tell you lads and ladies of great boredom about myself.

Firstly, I enjoy writing in all of its forms. I feel that I am most proficient in poetry but I also enjoy the more typical writing as well. The genre's I enjoy are honestly... all of them, but I'm not that knowledgeable about many of them. I know Science Fiction and Fantasy better than the others, but I'm definitely not wanting to stay stuck in that small niche.

I also practice a bit of Calligraphy in my spare time and occasionally draw or paint. I'm an avid gamer, typically staying away from FPS style games because I fail at them. Horribly and embarrassingly...

I love riddles, and try to come up with them every few days just to pass the time, so if anyone has any riddles to share I'd love to hear them. Also, I'd like to mention again that I would be happy to listen humbly about our lord and savior Cthulhu if you wish to speak of him.

Thanks for reading this through, sorry about all the tangents. I'll end this with a riddle if anyone wants to try a guess at it.

I am the source of much knowledge,

To each culture am unique in sound,

For communication essential,

I am thought given form.

What am I?​

~Yamiseraphim

Greetings Yamiseraphim,

First I must confess...I do not who/what Cthulu is...I feel uneducated...but besides that I don't find you boring! Your title captured my attention! That says a lot about you not being a boring person!

Fantasy and Science Fiction are two of our five genres open! Fantasy is our largest but there a lot really in between all four! But there is also a section for poetry as well! Oh and Calligraphy...I've always wanted to learn Calligraphy. How are you doing so far with that?

Riddles are things that I never got. I tend to over think the riddles and fry my brain but I'll take a whack at your riddle provided....

Is it language?

LifeNovel,

Don't feel uneducated, its a reference H.P. Lovecraft. It's mentioned in one of his short stories, and was mostly meant as a joke. Also, thank you for the complement.

I hadn't gotten too far in exploring the site when I decided to post this, and I'm really excited to learn about the poetry section! Where exactly do I find the poetry section?

As for my Calligraphy, I'm pretty decent at it so far. I've been working on learning from different books for about a year and a half now and I've gotten a solid grasp of a couple styles, most notably Gothic.

As for the answer to the riddle, I'll post that in a little bit.

Before you dive deep into the website I advise you to read the rules, I don't mean to discourage you it's just for caution sakes, and if you do come upon a question you can ask ahead in the Site Questions & Information.

Now for the poetry! Under the 'Workshop' forum there are sub-forums within it. One of those tabs is called 'Prose &Poem'. Here is the link for an easy shortcut:

https://www.rpnation.com/forums/prose-poems.127/

I do hope you enjoy the poetry and prose here! And darn! I really wanted to know the answer soon! But I will wait :D

Thank you for the advice, and it's no discouragement. From what I've read so far, I don't think I'll have many questions outside of figuring out the BBCode.

My wife is a new user as well and she was the one who encouraged me to join. I read over most of it with her and we are attempting to learn the BBCode together.

Thank you for the shortcut! I glanced at it so far, and I'm really excited about it!

I can't hold back an answer once I have a guess. You got the riddle right. I'll probably put another one in another post in a bit. I've got to think of a new one.

Oh don't worry most of us here are still confused about BBCodes. I just recently got the hang of it! :D

But there are many users around to help both you and your wife out if you have any problems. Here I'll send you to two places where they will be happy to help you out if you ever have questions.

Ye Ole BBCode Shoppe:

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/ye-ole-bbcode-shoppe.115934/

&

Yuu's BBCode Teahouse:

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/yuus-bbcode-teahouse.134242/

Both of these threads are found under the tutorials section.

And then there is the Site Questions & Information, another location to ask your question about BBCodes!

https://www.rpnation.com/forums/site-questions-information.193/

I'm glad to see that you were excited over the poetry section. I'm not a fan of poetry but I do enjoy the meaning behind them! I hope that you and your wife enjoy this site and all its neat perks! :3

Happy venturing!

Oh and yeah! I got a riddle right! :D

Yes actually, I do have a few moments to talk about our almighty savior Cthulhu!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who says that xD Welcome to the site!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back