Excessively Righteous Blossom stats

wordman

Two Thousand Club
Through no real desire of my own, my players want to kick Excessively Righteous Blossom's ass. So, I've had to come up with some stats for him. I learned (or think I learned) some surprising things about alchemical when doing this, but I still don't really grok them very well.

Could those with more alchemical chops than me check these out and leave some comments here, please?

Keep in mind, I'm playing First Edition, and am not using power combat.

I looked at that, not knowing anything about Alchemicals, just out of interest, and Perfected Lotus Matrix caught my eye and intrigued me so I looked that shit up. It was a neat idea in its own right, but then I saw the side-bar listing the martial arts that the Autobots have on file... VBoS is one of them. So they can have, arguably, the best CMA without the whole "it is a blah blah level offense to teach this to anyone but Sidereals" caveat.

Turns out that VBoS has issues when used by alchemicals, though it's still a decent style. Their low caps and easy access to multi-turn dice adders make Blade of the Battle Maiden much less worth its 2 willpower cost, as an example. Secondly, since they can't mix their own charms with MA charms in combos, the great reflexives within VBoS tend not to get used that often, since alchemicals are often using their own combos for defense.

He looks fine, job well done.

The only thing I'm wondering about, which is flavour rather than system, is why he does MA? As the weird robo-extraterrestrial, I think it would be neat to show the characters some of the Alchemical combat charms instead of some of the same charms found in Creation in order to underline how alien he is. So I'd consider giving him some melee charms, change the armor plating from subcutaneous to exoskeletol and giving him a bigass moonsilver chainaxe or pneumatic super sledge or something like that.

And may I, btw, compliment you for the way you set up his stats? That was neatly done and I may just steal that idea away from you when putting together an Autobot next.

I always thought that ERB is more of an Archery/Melee guy instead of MA/Archery guy. His general impatience at life doesn't work well with martial arts, does it? Though, I forget if Perfected Lotus Implant meant instant enlightenment or you had to internalize the Charms you downloaded or not... It'd be interesting if ERB knew First Pulse, however. :|

Jeppe said:
The only thing I'm wondering about, which is flavour rather than system, is why he does MA?
I always thought that ERB is more of an Archery/Melee guy instead of MA/Archery guy.
I may have done it this way due to the first idea I had being the dumb Five Dragon/BoBM parry concept. I strayed so far from that concept that MA really isn't needed any more. Unfortunately, most of the alchemical melee charms seem fairly dull to me.

What would you change to play up the melee angle instead of MA?

The only thing I would add (assuming I missed it) would be the God-Machine Protocols. There is a shield that gives an additional 20L/20B armor, and does damage to any melee attacker that tries to penetrate the shield.

The Protocols are pretty awesome, but God-Machine Protocol requires Essence 5 and does not work at all with Excessively Righteous Blossom's character. :P Now that I think about it though, I can't think of any canon Alchemical that would use Protocols...

As for his Melee tactics, I imagine he'd hit hard fast and take it like a man, using Celerity Enabling Module and various Alchemical armor Charms. Though, I think the best combat strategy for Alchemicals is the combination of mobility and ranged Charms... But still, when Alchemicals take it like a man, they can take it like a man. I'd imagine this would be more pronounced without Essence Ping...

Jeppe said:
As the weird robo-extraterrestrial...
just as a side note that occured to me just now. technically he is a weird robo-extracelestial. :D this has no relevence, I just had to say it, I appologize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back