Votes: 0 0.0%
  • jeriausx's Speed demon

• Moonstone Spider's "Reeks-of-Venoms" penalty-monkey

• Dracogryff's Appearance hack

• Total voters
Does it matter that Beep Beep scores points for style?

If I only knew about this sooner, I would've tried to remake what another person did for a one-off: 24-na Batman.

In the interests of a more diverse range of choices, let's hear it. If someone nominates it, I'll let it in.

Due to having free time and the fact that you're letting someone else offer something and I posted that I had an idea before you closed it...meet the MDV annihilator:

Twin Moon the Lunar (yes, I'm sure one could get even more twinkery out of some sort of Moonshadow/Fiend/Eclipse, but I rebel against their advantage) Changing Moon. Impossible Appearance Improvement, Legendary Appearance Merit to give a 12 base Appearance. Flawless Appearance Focus to get a +3 specialty in 'Sex Appeal' (or whatever floats your boat and you can work into stunts/social attacks easily).
Get a Demon Ink Tattoo that adds +2 Appearance (2 dot artifact, I think). Pick up the Wyld Affliction that the Bright Plateau Demesne gives people (before being casted, of course) that gives +1 to Charisma and Appearance (tho if you compare it to the Huge Affliction, it might be +2 to both, since that's a comparable thing, but we'll go with +1 because that's what the Demesne says it does). Get an Infinite Resplendence Amulet, 4 or 5 dot version, and make sure it has the Orichalcum +4 appearance as one of the types, and Moonsilver.

Use Perfect Symmetry to remove the cap on the penalty appearance can grant to MDV (does so at Essence 6+) for the scene. Then spend 4m on Instinctive Appearance Unity to make the Third Appearance Excellency free for the scene. As it's an unrolled use of the attribute, appearance doubles with a use of it, and so you have a 24 base appearance +3 from FAF (with my example, just make sure to lean over and inhale or something while making your point or make sure to word it suggestively), +7 from artifacts and such makes a total of 34. You can then use New Friend Aroma, and assuming no resistance to such, get yourself an intimacy bonus for another -1 to their MDVs. Now, she enjoys giving them a -35 to their MDVs to convince them of anything.
Even if Merits aren't allowed in this, it's still a -34 penalty.

Edit: Corrected my mistake on intimacies. I got them and virtues mixed up for amount it grants.

i have to nominate that, i mean he/she could seduce the Unconquered Sun just by entering the same room, and asking for direction

vegetalss4 said:
i have to nominate that, i mean he/she could seduce the Unconquered Sun just by entering the same room, and asking for direction
The Unconquered Sun is only Appearance eight. My Changing Moon with Appearance 5 and the 3rd Appearance Excellency is prettier than him.

why yes being pretier than him isn't hard, lowering his MDV so much that even if he uses his excellencies to full effect, one sucess is still enough to seduce him

You know, rereading over the speed lunars made me realise that a neat infernal charm would be one that automatically lets you get ahead of any opponent no matter their speed, on the proviso that you have to set up an overly elaborate and unlikely trap for them.

Ok, I have to add my absurdly simple isnta kill it's so easy a dragon blooded can do it.

Salinan absorption with the three arcane links to cast any spell on a target and unconquerable self... all it takes is ess 5 (for absorption) and 1m for the spell.

Hero said:
Ok, I have to add my absurdly simple insta kill. It's so easy a dragon blooded can do it.
Salinan absorption with the three arcane links to cast any spell on a target and unconquerable self... all it takes is ess 5 (for absorption) and 1m for the spell.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, that's iffy. Remember its 'The Spell that's Not Really a Spell'. In an actual game it shouldn't work, but this isn't a game so.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

jeriausx said:
ill dig around I'm my brain to see if a can come up with something in a different theme. i thinking unarmed combat.
On this note, the beginnings of a great idea:

Also' date=' a small additional rules question, how does Octopus and Spider Barrage (1 attack at full dice pool for every combat capable extremity the character has, MoEP: L P. 154) work if the user has the Terrifying Mane (Which provides up to infinite tentacles that use the characters strength/dexterity but suffer from normal multiple action penalties, MoEP: L P. 209)?[/quote']

I would imagine you could still only generate a number tentacles allowed based on your dice pool. Then Spider Barrage would allow then all to attack at without actually suffering the penalties.

Sorry guys, the day defeated me again. Submissions are closed, and the poll is up. Voting is open for one week from .... NOW!

Aasharu is our winner! Dracogryff comes in second.

As a prize, I will offer each of them either a @patternspider.net email account, or a custom forum rank (I reserve veto rights).

What say you?

What name would you like? You can PM me if you don't want it public.

Ok, now I know I should have said this pages ago if I was going to, but...

wordman said:
As an example, a solar with Stamina 5 using Soul Fire Shaper Form would be able to spend 1m to activate Essence-Gathering Temper to gain back 50 motes. And, of course, since Essence plays a part in the calculation of essence pool size (personal pool is probably at least 36, peripheral at least 80), he probably has space in the pool to hold these new motes. (Soul Fire Shaper Form explicitly mentions both increasing pool maximum and that it does not automatically fill the expanded pool.)
You can never gain more than 20 motes of essence in a single action. I probably need to go find the quote to prove this now... I think it was in the abyssal book somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back