<Exalt> Hero Style Form 2! or 3?

memesis said:
Terrestrial Exaltation can happen anywhere, perhaps even in the Shadowlands.  Has anyone ever considered an Outcaste Terrestrial Exalting in a Deathlord's domain?  For example, consider the Exalted of Thorns (however many there were).  If some didn't escape, then their children have the potential and can pass it on to others.  Rather than destroying them, a handful of Abyssals recruit and train them into an enforcement squad for the Underworld.  This might be seen as heretical by some, but then the Deathlords have never been a model for cooperation.
I forget, but when you have a baby in a Shadowland, dont you come out f**ked up in some way?  What if two well bred DBs birthed an heir in a Shadowland....would anyhting bad happen?

memesis said:
... perhaps the wrong approach is "how does X power from Japanese anime Y fit into Solar Hero style or another convenient style of my choice".  Perhaps you should think about "Shinigami Hero Style" or "Saiyan Style". Then work out how it functions in your game.
I'm perfectly fine with adding new styles that do these other crazy things.  But the moddable nature of the <exalt> Hero Styles is something that I'd really watch in my games so that they do not move outside their normal thematic bounds.  Like I've said before, by all appearances the reason that MA is allowed to traverse the Abilities like it does is because the style trees are encapsulated.  The Hero Styles break that assumption.

I like coolness (it's why I play this instead of, say, D&D), but I also like to try to keep as much mechanical balance between all the player choices as possible (probably a holdover from my D&D upbringing).

Stuff.

I forget' date=' but when you have a baby in a Shadowland, dont you come out f**ked up in some way?  What if two well bred DBs birthed an heir in a Shadowland....would anyhting bad happen?[/quote']
Generally those born in the Shadowlands, whoever their parents, are more likely to be unhealthy. Additionally, the Black and White Treatise adds DBs that cannot cast sorcery, but can cast necromancy, due to some Underworld taint...which may very well be a likely result of such...particularly if the DB spent the whole pregnancy in a Shadowland or the Underworld.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back