• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Evil [an original thread for fans of Supernatural and the X Files].

maladaptivedreamer

Princess of Irrelevance

Hi, my name is Kas (she/her).

I am looking for a writing partner who loves character development and world building. If you thoroughly enjoyed ‘Supernatural’, or grew up on ‘the X Files’, then this thread was definitely made for you.

About me
I know that quality does not always mean quantity, but I adore writing. I really love immersing myself into the worlds that I build— hence, the username— so I’m really looking to write with someone willing to invest their time and energy.

That isn’t to say it should be your priority. It definitely shouldn’t be. What I mean is let’s have passion about it and share ideas. Like, I love making my characters and storylines Spotify playlists and, if I have time, using Pinterest for inspiration.

I write in third person pov, with a range of multi-paragraph to novella, and I’m happy to swap writing samples beforehand. So, if this sounds like something you’d work well with, please keep reading.

I am a full-time children’s mental health practitioner with big hopes to do my PHD in Clinical Psychology. Like most people, my free time is not in abundance. So, please be patient with me and I’ll always explain if I need to some time away from writing.

I enjoy romance as a subplot. It is not a necessity. I do feel it adds a lot to the story in terms of: character motivation, character development and plot drive.

I write FxM, primarily. I can also write FxF. I will be open to trying MxM, but I never have before. I enjoy female roles as my main, but I usually write a few characters and I can double.

I do write from the male perspective too and occasionally enjoy this just as much, if not more. For example, historically, my favourite canons to write were Loki and Tony Stark. This just solely depends solely on character muse.

Storyline:

Taken from the series ‘Evil’:

‘Skeptical psychologist X joins Y, who is training to be a Catholic priest, and Z, a blue collar contractor as they investigate the church's backlog of unexplained mysteries, including supposed miracles, demonic possessions and other extraordinary occurrences.’

I am looking to write with someone who enjoys creating and writing a rag-tag team/unlikely alliance, who enjoys themes of found family and conflict of ideals.

Unlike Supernatural, I would enjoy, at least at first, if this was grounded in reality. If each of the initial cases could have elements of paranormal, but rational explanations, even if the rational is as far-stretched as the potential of demons/evil itself.

With a background in Psychology, I’d love to write the role of Psychologist as I feel I could bring insight/research to this character. However, the alternate roles above are simply ideas, so feel free to bring roles of your own.

That said, I don’t want to ambush everyone too much, so I will leave it there. Feel free to message me or post any further questions below.

1x1.

• filler tab!

♡coded by uxie♡

Hey Kas! I'm Delphi and this sounds SUPER interesting! :csmile: If you're still looking, I would definitely love to give it a try and see if we match!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back