Everything that's wrong with your favorite videogame

[QUOTE="HK 50 09]The problem with Zaalbar is that he can't wear any armor , so he survives on Consitution and health alone.. Which means 90% of the time he gets shredded like tissue paper by enemies. Canderous is very nearly as strong and can wear the heaviest armors possible (which are , ironically , Mandalorian or Mandalorian appearing ones) , so he ends up being the most viable Melee party member. I don't even know why they equip Canderous with's repeater , because he's so much better at Melee (even with a Baragwin Heavy repeater , which belongs on HK-47 anyway)

[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, there is definitely a case to be made with Canderous as lead melee character. It mostly comes down to preference. But I feel the slight Strength edge that Zalbaar starts with, combined with the likes of Master Valor and others, means that his lack of protection and focus on Constitution doesn't matter as the enemy is already dead before Zalbaar ever drops below half health. Even in early game before you are a Jedi, Zalbaar with Improved Flurry just mows down Black Vulkars (I have K1R mod and in Black Vulkar Base Level 2 there are a few groupings of like 6 Vulkars and Zalbaar can rip through at least 4 before going down without an Energy Shield or Stimulants activated).

Back to the original topic: Another grievance with KotOR I is that, while 12-year-old didn't recognize it at the time, they heavily hint at who Revan is throughout the game and if you pick up on the foreshadowing it absolutely ruins it. It was done much better in KotOR II as I don't think there was a lot of hints towards Kreia turning (she was clearly a manipulator, but it just seemed more like she wanted to test your Force ability and see which side of the Force you truly belonged to. Also, I remember deleting my game after the reveal and starting new so I didn't level her up thinking she'd probably be much easier to defeat).

TwystedPhoenix said:
Oh yeah, there is definitely a case to be made with Canderous as lead melee character. It mostly comes down to preference. But I feel the slight Strength edge that Zalbaar starts with, combined with the likes of Master Valor and others, means that his lack of protection and focus on Constitution doesn't matter as the enemy is already dead before Zalbaar ever drops below half health. Even in early game before you are a Jedi, Zalbaar with Improved Flurry just mows down Black Vulkars (I have K1R mod and in Black Vulkar Base Level 2 there are a few groupings of like 6 Vulkars and Zalbaar can rip through at least 4 before going down without an Energy Shield or Stimulants activated).
Back to the original topic: Another grievance with KotOR I is that, while 12-year-old didn't recognize it at the time, they heavily hint at who Revan is throughout the game and if you pick up on the foreshadowing it absolutely ruins it. It was done much better in KotOR II as I don't think there was a lot of hints towards Kreia turning (she was clearly a manipulator, but it just seemed more like she wanted to test your Force ability and see which side of the Force you truly belonged to. Also, I remember deleting my game after the reveal and starting new so I didn't level her up thinking she'd probably be much easier to defeat).
Canderous , for me , with two Baragwin assault blades/whatever else , usually mows suckers down too. I don't have K1R , because.. I don't really DO mods , except TSLRCM. Usually I try to keep my Jedi Characters from using Valor , because I'd rather they used *useful* powers like Sith Lightning and Master Speed.. The game DOES practically down you in healing packs , though. So you could just use the 'pause - items - use healing pack' cheat for Zaalbar , combined with a good Mandalorian Melee/Arkanian Energy Shields. A part of this problem too is that usually the computer likes to force the characters to use Crit Strike (or Power Blast for Ranged) , even if it's level 1 and flurry/Rapid Shot is Master Level. Annoying as hell , and I *hate* having to constantly switch characters to make sure they aren't being stupid.

They certainly do! I wish there was an option for it that says 'that makes a hell of a lot of sense'. Damn Nemo in the Jedi Enclave practically all but says it.. 12 year old me was really damn smart , so I kind of realized it before Malak ever said so. I didn't have a DO'H when they showed all the ones you'd HAVE to notice just playing. Heh. Yeah , KOTOR II was much more subtle all around , on all story fronts (IMO). Which is why I prefer it's story ever so slightly to K1's..

...I'll admit as well that I tried that with Kreia once.

TWD Season 2:

A dip in the story's quality

The death of the most likable character is unavoidable

Alot of the choices never really affect the game's progress

Lack of Lee

Dragon Quest IX- Sentinels of the Starry Skies

-Graphics don't hold up

-Massive Difficulty Curve at every boss... Every single one.

-Grinding is extremely necessary.

-You have to beat like 5 bosses before you can change vocation.

-No romancing option... I need that shit my RPGs.

-Silent protagonist... they always bug me.

-New vocation quests are bullshit, and impossible.

-Grottos are Bullshit, and necessary to get all of the good shit

-Multiplayer was kinda janky.

-No one knows about this game even though it's fucking amazing. ;-;

not my Favorite but a lack of NG+ in Deus Ex HR. I felt it would benefitted some replay value with increasing difficulty and pospibility to start out with the amount of praxis kits earned in NG. So you can choose to go in naked or upgraded. Also some form of humanity in the hub worlds with almost random events

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow

- The story is fairly straightforward and the only major plot twist is somewhat predictable. Also, I have to admit that the characters don't have the most complex of personalities, even though I like them.

- The game takes place in a castle sealed inside a solar eclipse. No, I don't know how that works either.

- The game has a huge number of glitches (which isn't really a problem to me, as I enjoy breaking games, but it's certainly something wrong with it). I've managed to force my way through the walls in many ways, teleport to random spots on the map, sell the shopkeeper's eyebrows, and much more.

- SOUL DROP RATES. If you've played this game and attempted to get 100%, you probably know how infuriating these can be. Basically, each enemy has a chance to drop its soul, giving you different abilities. Unfortunately, they don't drop nearly as often as they should, so you can sometimes find yourself repeatedly killing the same enemy for over an hour in an attempt to get its soul to drop.

- At the end of Death's boss fight, you can get killed after killing him. While he goes through his dying animation, his huge scythe spins off of the screen. It's possible for it to hit you on the way. Though you can actually move during his animation, I was unaware that I could, so I died and was forced to redo the boss fight after killing him.

- Over the course of the game, a previous event that took place, the Battle of 1999, is often mentioned. Supposedly it was impressive. However, since Konami created the Castlevania series, it's unlikely that we'll ever get to see what happened in 1999.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ark: Survival Evolved:

-Game needs super beefy computer. Seriously. The graphics and artwork are gorgeous, but it lags and runs pretty badly.

-Updates. During the updates, your game crashes most of time, especially in the Winter Wonderland one.

-Servers: There's always the batch of rookies and the batch of pro-god- players. Believe me, it ain't fun joining the server only to find a death-message above your screen of you dying and your dinos. The players who've put more than 200+ hours on the server dominate everything.

-Beginning Gameplay: As a noob player before, I constantly died in this game. It took 3 hours + just to tame a Parasaur. Unfortunately, it was killed by a stinkin' dilo. A DILO. I wasn't aware of the possibility of turning rates up at that time and I was mainly a hardcore gamer. Going into pools of water aren't any fun either, because Megapiranhas were always a problem. They had a quick attack speed and they killed me in 2 seconds. Carnos were insanely dangerous for beginners, they had a fast running speed and they were common around the map. Did I ever mention Meganauras? Oh my glob, those pesky insects! Watch out for those swarms, they'll kill you.

Never head into the swamp. Meganauras. Sarcos. Beelzes. Spinos. Giant. Snakes. Death.

-MODS: Some of the mods are amazing, allowing players to push their limits on this game. But the most annoying thing about mods is if you want to join a modded server, you would need to download the exact same mods listed. It takes a long time and after downloading them all, I can never join the server. *cries

-Loading screen...zzz..: When loading a singleplayer or whatever the crap you're doing, you have to go through the ark loading screen. Hm, I could probably run 5 miles in that time.

So that's everything wrong with Ark: Survival Evolved. But honestly, it's a pretty great game overall. :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back