• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Eternal Conquest

turtwigwins

1721334620256.jpeg

The World of Creon, Year 912

Born into the modest kingdom of Odaden as the crown prince, Regis was groomed for leadership and military command. When his father was poisoned by the Osnyians and he was forced into a matrilineal marriage to one of the many daughters of the Osynian king, Regis's simmering fury ignited. Disappearing after a supposed hunting mishap, he returned at the head of a demonic army, swiftly reclaiming Odaden and subjugating Osnye in a brutal campaign. Unsatisfied with mere vengeance, Regis now pursues an elusive dream of building an eternal empire, his ambition driving him relentlessly forward towards greater conquests. As the word of this has spread, so has the opportunists who align themselves with the emperor.

What is "The Conquerors?"

The Conquerors is a hybrid nation-building/character RP set in a high-fantasy world where an emperor Regis has forged an evil empire. His generals (ya’ll) are tasked with conquering the surrounding lands and expanding the Odaden Empire to the farthest reaches of the known world. Regis expects excellence from his subjects, unwavering loyalty, and brutality when required. He also expects to live on forever as the world's eternal emperor. That, however, is up to you; perhaps Regis is merely the prelude to your eternal reign. Whatever comes of this age of chaos, expect the do-gooders of the world to mount a valiant, perhaps foolish, resistance. You must crush them.

Please note credit to K0mori K0mori who I am stealing from immensely in the creation of this RP. Thanks so much for the Dark Travelers experience that is inspiring me to try to run this campaign.

How do I play?
You will need a character to serve as one of Regis's generals. This character will be given an army at the beginning of the game with which they may attack neighboring territories and expand the empire. As the military governor of these new lands, you will need to give guidance on their transformation into a loyal (to you) vassal territory in each turn. Between turns, your character is free to interact with other players' characters, NPCs, or to explore leads which might result in great fortune or misfortune in your near-future. Perhaps a powerful artifact is hidden within your territory. The only way to know is to explore. It is expected you write a 2-3 paragraph turn weekly to keep the game running smoothly.

Along with cumulative stats such as army tokes, economic strength (Hiring mercenaries), and technological prowess (Building advanced siege weaponry aka. trebuchets), you will also gain "Cards" which can be played ahead of turns to increase your chances of prevailing in war. For example, you may follow a lead which results in a local cult declaring you its savior. Later, when your enemies think you are cornered, you play the cultists Card to summon your religious devotees, whose sacrifice leads to your unlikely triumph.

There are three planned Acts to this story, and gameplay will vary in each act. New rules will be explained when they become relevant, and discussion/clarification will happen upon request.

What sort of character should I play?

That's up to you! Becoming the Eternal Emperor is something no one has done before! Your character can be an adult of any race and background. Please feel free to provide backstories that add to the world. I want this to be a collective storytelling experience.

Please see the following thread for Character Creation: Here

Thanks for everyone who has been expressing their interest! If you do plan to partake in the RP can you please get a character app in by this Friday. I am planning to launch off the initial RP post then.

If you have any questions please ask!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back