[Element] Dragon's Claw

Smeggedoff

Elder Member
Heyo foruminos

One of my players has take the spell "Fire Dragon's Claw" and has posited to me an interesting question.

Since you form two claws, do they count as separate weapons for determining rate?

Say he puts 3 points into rate, does he have a pair of claws he can attack with a total of 3 times? or does he have two claws, each of which can be used to attack three times in a turn?

Cheers in advance

I would say they are two separate claws each of which can be used 3 times in a turn giving a total of up to six attacks. Standard penalties for the flurry and off hand penalties would still apply.

HowlingCoyote said:
I'd say it works like 'punch' - rate 3, not rate 3 per hand.
Huh. I always assumed it was 3 per hand, myself. Same with kicks (2 per leg, not 2 total a flurry). Maybe I'm crazy. *shrug*

1) I am almost 100% sure that those spells specify that it only affects a single hand.

2) I have always ran it that the listed rate was for one punch, but I can see both sides.

Yeah, the text of Fire dragons claw says claws, plural. And there's a comic in the core book that shows Arianna using a pair of claws (though that proves nothing really)

The opinion on this seems rather split, hrrm.

Arianna only gets one Claw, but as you said that does prove anything as it's a comic.

The title of the spell say claw, single, and the text before the othe elemental claw spells specificallly point out that you can have two different claws active at the same time. Of course then every single of the 5 claw spells uses "hands" and claws" in their description.

But to me it just seems so much more fun to be able to have two different claws :)

Two of these spells can be active at the same
time, one for each hand, and the caster may make

any combination of attacks with each claw as a

part of a flurry. However, only one of the spells’

effects can apply to a single attack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back