Eldenridge [RP]

Heartsteal

That guy who's not around much right now
It was a new morning, the morning of Eldenridge's release. Many fans have waited literally weeks to get their hands on a copy, and stores all across the globe have been fighting tooth and nail for copies. Eldenridge was the first virtual reality game to truly land a big market launch, boasting of it's near perfect realism, influenced by the minds of all the players. The program worked while the player slept, or they could manually sign on during the day as well, though quality would drop considerably because of the mind's unwillingness to bend to fantasy. This morning, no doubt there would be deaths, and likely riots in clusters everywhere in the world.

(OOC: I'm going to have to ask you to nuke the approved player's list. It keeps people from editing posts)

Alexander was at the store,Chips,Drives and Data,pre-opening. He worked there. And he was preparing the store for the wave of rabid gamers who were crowded outside the blacked-out doors. He set up the weighted velvet rope,and went to the back to retrieve something very odd,for a video game. He came back with a box,filled with what appeared to be application forms for the game. He set the box down on the counter,and asked his boss,the only other person in the store, "So,why were these shipped with the games,as well?"

(OOC: How do I do that? Just keep it blank?)

"Like a receipt for your character I guess, y'know like when people steal accounts?" Jen, the manager, replied.

"You ready?" she asked, motioning with her nose toward the door, and the horde beyond it.

"Just pass me the boxes from back there, we're gonna do this one at a time, anyone gets funny ideas, they don't get a copy and we'll just slip into the back room and lock up. Got it?"

(OOC: I'd assume so)

Alex nodded. "Makes sense. One character per player,too..." He was reviewing the Terms of Service and the End User Liscence Agreement,which consumed the entire front of the form,with the actual form on the back. He looked up,and chuckled. "What,no using the bat we keep back here? I have it bubble-wrapped." He shrugged,and approached the door,taking down the heavy black sheets they were using to black out the windows and doors. "Got it,Jen." He walked to the stockroom,which was immediately behind the counter. "Round one: Begin!"

Aaron crawled out of a tent squinting his eyes as the crowd seemed to have doubled over night. Aaron stood up and barked menacingly ," I was here first losers!" Aaron pulled his shades down onto his face even though it wasn't all that sunny outside. The self proclaimed king of cool smelled of Cheetos and mountain dew, absolutely charming. Aaron whom had been camped out for nearly weeks eating nothing but junk food and energy drinks was among the first in line at Chips, Drives, and Data.

He pressed his Cheeto stained fingers on the only barrier keeping him from sweet escape. Aaron didn't really have much else to do anyway. Aaron felt the crowd begin to surge with excitement, and began to wonder exactly how orderly this ordeal would actually be.

The doors swung open, and the mob started rushing in.

"Single file if you want to live!" Jen shouted with such authority that people rushed to obey. Well, most of them. First in line was some guy reeking of college student after a week of cramming for exams; charming.

"Fill out the form, stand here on your left," she said mechanically, motioning to the empty space on her right.

Annabel was fast-walking down the path to Chips, Drives, and Data, a calm look about her as usual. She felt very annoyed to see a long line already. She had started walking to the store since her car would probably break down on the way. Anna had started early but there seemed to be a lot of traffic and it was hard to run across a street without being hit. So she arrived later than she'd have liked. She gave a small sigh and walked to the back of the line. Anna looked around, pushing her thick, ugly glasses up her nose. She felt her wallet in her pocket. Anna had been saving up for this game and hoped she would have enough. She spotted a man who reeked of Cheetos and mountain dew in line. She sighed, wondering how a game could bring someone to go so far for it. Maybe it meant something good for her, as well.

Several minutes later, and hundreds of faceless patrons later, a bookish looking girl made her way to the front of the line; and seemed a little worried about something, or it could have been Jen's imagination.

"Just fill out this form over on your left," she said for what must have been the hundredth time... or, more than that. The manager's voice was starting to get hoarse, but the line was finally shortening, as was the stock. Probably less than thirty copies were left in the storeroom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back