Dragons and Demons [Glorious Bastards]

The Bastards

Bubbles and waves start appearing around the ship, then, suddenly, the Scourge shakes and a loud creak comes from the hull.

A few soldiers fall down on the bridge, but by the swift action of their comrades, none falls in the water.

Thick scales appear beneath the water.

On the shore, some of the Lintha seem to be entering the water, swimming towards their ship.

Bastards, Join Battle and declare your actions.

The Worms have attacked the Scourge, dealing a 6 HLs of structural damage.

The Fugitives

The Fire Aspect leashes from the stairs on the open flank of the Lintha warrior, plunging the knife deep in her flesh.

Red blood sprays the wooden walls of the corridor, but the wounded warrior reacts to the pain with a scream and a powerful slash of her sword, straight against Hildegarde.

The other pirate instead focuses on Yarodou, attempting to slash him in the closed quarters of the corridor.

Stunt 2 for Hildegarde, yielding 2 and 2 suxx. The stalking attempt is successful, and Tattoo gets struck with a 8 suxx threshold, worth 12L raw damage. Removing 7L of soak, 5L pass, rolling 3 HLs.

Tattoo is at -1, and she attacks Hildegarde, using again Melee I:

#11, Tattoo, Speed 5, DV -1-1

7 suxx on Hildegarde.

#13, Fangs, Speed 5, DV -1

Using Melee I, 10 suxx against Yarodou.

Yarodou, you are blocked between Tattoo and Fangs, you have a -2 external penalty on Dodge attempts.

Mnemon Chu rolled the following in his 6 dice:

9, 6, 3, 4, 9, 7

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 3 successes.

Speed 6 action, drawing claws for the AMM.

Chu's action is in joint with Eris.

Mnemon Eris rolled the following in her 8 dice:

4, 9, 7, 7, 4, 10, 4, 2

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 5 successes.

A look of conspiratory understanding passes between the cousins, their eyes gleaming with excitement. Eris casually steps off the mast into empty nothingness, falling rapidly without a care. Chu simply swings his hammer in a full arc, rotating his body as if swinging at something that no one else can see, and just as Eris falls through his hammer's arc, her feet land on his hammer. His muscles tense to slingshot and throw her further, combining their might for one incredible jump. Eris sails through the air like a cannonball but deadlier, and grinning. Her feet firmly touch the water's surface just for an instant as she lands on it, jumping distance from her target. One push and she is one with the air again, gusts of wind propelling her body, directing her straight to the mast of the Lintha ship.

Rolling Dext+Ath

Mnemon Eris rolled the following in her 10 dice:

9, 7, 7, 10, 8, 8, 1, 4, 1, 4

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 7 successes.

Light as the sea breeze, Eris lands on the main mast of the Lintha ship.

There is a furious fight going on just below the quarter deck, in narrow corridor that probably leads to the officers' quarters.

Team stunt 3 for Chu and Eris, worth 1 XP for each.

Awesome, first team stunt of the game. Expect 1 stunt dice more for these.

He throws a punch as hard as he could and yet, could do but naught as the tattooed woman dodged his fist with ease. But what's this? The woman who had freed him returned, armed with what looked like a kitchen knife! She sneaks up on the tattooed abomination and lands a solid thwack.

"Well done, sister! I bet you weren't expecting that were you, you B£$%&/&$", he yells to Hildegarde and the tattooed pirate.

He turns around only to see a hulking monstrosity bearing down on him and swinging his weapon. "Ahhh come onnnnnn! Leave the poor unarmed, half-naked man alone" He runs towards the brute and uses his humongous knee as leverage to back flip over it.

I spend 2 motes on Second Dodge Excellency and 1 mote on threshold warding stance (DB 152)

Dodge 9 - 1 wound - 2 external penalty + 1 excellency + 2 from threshold warding (it negates the penalty)

I am giving up my attack on this round.

She didn't have much she could do against that swift riposte in this enclosed space but put this unwieldy meat cleaver in the path of the attack as best as she could, after all even if she were a master swordswoman in such a situation and with her light wounds, she just couldn't act with all the coordination she might have wished.

Still, she had to distract her if only to help with her 'companion' who seemed to be at least useful enough to justify the risk to herself. Picking up on some of her fencing, she leaped back even as she deflected one blow that was just too close for comfort. Hopefully, lady luck would smile on her today.

She loathed the idea that there could be no more to do, but that woman was shockingly skilled for one of her lowly stature in the Lintha. Were they all monsters of inhuman skill or what? Normal pirates weren't a tenth that good!

It made it especially obviously as she grazed her precious face and then went straight for her guts, however she wouldn't quit so easily and her own weapon quickly put itself in the path of this strike, but would it be there on time?

----------------------------

First Melee Excellency for 3 motes

V'neef Hildegarde rolled the following in his 6 dice:

5, 6, 7, 2, 7, 2

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 2 successes.

Considering everything, my Parry DV is down to 4, with this it goes up to 6 which still isn't enough. Without a stunt then I'm hit.

Parrying at the last critical moment, she instantly returned the favor with the furious speed and intensity the children of Hesieh are famous for. Pushing her foe's blade down and out of the way with superior technique even despite her unwieldy improvised weapon, she channels the raw essence of her heritage straight into the blade setting it ablaze with the intensity of a volcano. And then even as the explosion of deadly and blindingly white heat tightened against the edge of her weapon of choice she took it upon herself to strike with heroic resolve, going for the jugular without any restraint or mercy.

At this point, this was a fight for survival and she wasn't about to let anyone get the upper-hand on her in such a struggle, that much she promised herself even as her arm fell down on her vulnerable prey before she could even see whether the trail of flickering flames left behind had any effect. That woman would burn to ashes and bleed to death, that much she would make certain of.

----------------

Flurry of 2 melee attacks, Speed 5, DV -1, using Dragon-Graced Weapon on both for 2 motes[/b]

Dexterity 5 + Melee 5 + First Melee Excellence 4 + Accuracy 1 - Flurry 2 - Wound Penalty 1= 12 dice + 2 motes

Hildegarde rolled the following in his 12 dice:

10, 10, 2, 5, 5, 1, 1, 10, 5, 7, 2, 2

Dexterity 5 + Melee 5 + First Melee Excellency 4 + Accuracy 1 - Flurry 3 - Wound Penalty 1 = 11 dice + 2 motes

Hildegarde rolled the following in his 11 dice:

10, 7, 2, 2, 4, 5, 10, 9, 10, 10, 4

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 10 successes.

Let me know if I get any stunt as usual.

Stunt 1 for Hildegarde, worth 2 suxx.

You hit with 6 suxx and 10 suxx, Tattoo has 7L of total soak, roll damage.

Please notice that I gave already their stats, so you could have rolled the damage at once.

If you deal her at least 2L of damage, feel free to describe the kill.

In the meanwhile, Eris can act.

Up from the mast, she cannot see much, but her attention is caught by the noise in the corridor. People fighting, havoc...Why not add to it? After all, being alone at the top is boring. No sense in waiting for people or whatever creature to emerge and attack. Besides, sometimes allowing others to breathe can be a fatal flaw.

Four chakrams leave her hand, one a split second after the other and fly forcefully into the corridor,horizontally, vertically, diagonally, covering as much ground as possible. Now time to wait for the music- massacre some people might call it, but few can see killing as art.

Rolling flurry.

Mnemon Eris rolled the following in her 14 dice:

4, 4, 4, 3, 6, 1, 2, 8, 8, 8, 9, 5, 8, 9

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 6 successes.

Mnemon Eris rolled the following in her 13 dice:

8, 7, 2, 10, 9, 1, 6, 9, 8, 8, 7, 6, 8

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 10 successes.

Mnemon Eris rolled the following in her 12 dice:

2, 8, 10, 7, 2, 4, 2, 9, 9, 9, 3, 5

Mnemon Eris rolled the following in her 11 dice:

9, 10, 9, 2, 6, 6, 8, 1, 6, 3, 5

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 5 successes.

Damage roll

Mnemon Eris rolled the following in her 64 dice:

3, 4, 1, 6, 5, 8, 10, 4, 9, 10, 7, 1, 2, 6, 6, 10, 3, 2, 9, 3, 5, 6, 8, 6, 1, 3, 3, 9, 7, 3, 10, 10, 6, 10, 6, 1, 7, 5, 4, 6, 5, 1, 6, 7, 6, 2, 7, 9, 3, 5, 1, 8, 10, 9, 4, 1, 1, 7, 9, 8, 9, 8, 7, 5

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 26 successes.

Indeed, a job well done, although her view of her work's result is limited. One sharp scream followed by an explosion of red liquid that definitely made the dull brown of the corridor just a bit brighter. Much needed, that change. One loud thump as a lifeless body drops and a few smaller, dull ones, as the severed limps find their way to the ground. The movement of the ship and the small river of blood flowing bring an arm in sight just outside the corridor. Cleanly cut at the shoulder, hand still clutching a sabre. A sound similar to a hard ball hitting on the side walls of the corridor accompanies the slight rocking of the ship. A head perhaps? In any case, one less target to worry about.

Bright white flames licked the length of her blade even as she slit right into her jugular, a fountain of blood exploding for an instant but come to an end rather fast as Hildegarde shoved the woman choking on her own blood to the side callously, letting her drop even as she cried out to her companion "Take care of that fatass already! I know you can do it!" with a certain urgency in her voice. All that blood on her robe could be said to ruin it, if one were unaware of just how it had been made. Regardless, she made sure to glance at their backs every few seconds, to make sure no one was about to surprise them from behind.

Accuracy 6L + Meat Knife 1L + Strength 3L + Fire 4L - Soak 7L = 7L

Hildegarde rolled the following in his 7 dice:

9, 3, 6, 6, 4, 3, 10

Using 7 as the target number, the roll resulted in 2 successes.

Considering I kill her in one blow, I abort the rest of my flurry to save myself some essence.

In the Corridor

Just when Hildegarde's blade bites the skin of the tattooed pirate, eight blades made of airy jade make waste of the larger pirate, and blood sprays everywhere in the corridor.

The two pirates fall down, one gurgling in her own blood that quickly blends with that of the other.

Filthy in blood from head to toes, Hildegarde and Yarodou stare at each other and around.

Infinite Jade Chackram.

Whoever threw those, has a penchant for blood and the skill of a master.

On the Mast

The corridor is painted in blood; from the distance, Eris can't distinguish more details, but there's at least one person hiding in the corridor.

On the Scourge

The ship rocks again under the furious attacks of the worms.

A loud crack comes from the hull.

Eris, Yarodou, Hildegarde, you are out of combat time, both pirates are dead.

On the Scourge, combat continues, the worms have likely breached the hull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back