Dragon-blooded population

Zaramis said:
Halta is in the northern part of the map.
Yeah, well, if you use your own definition don't be surprised if people don't understand.  Halta is part of the East canonically (always included in the East section of any sourcebook) and thematically (it's arboreal, for pete's sake!).

But yeah, Halta is pretty damn big.

Hardly realistic.  For my taste, it's okay tough.

If Solars are to unite creation, we can't argue too strenousouly agaisnt the likelyhood of a large state.

I wouldn't mind the sizes of kingdoms in Creation so much if I could consistently figure out how fast you cross them.

You can travel 6 miles per hour by horse. How do they figure you only go 30 miles by horse in a 25 hour day? Only 150 miles in a 7 day week?

I don't know about you, but if I can only negotiate with my horses to make them walk 5 hours a day, 5 days a week, I need more manageable horses.  :?

I wouldn't mind the sizes of kingdoms in Creation so much if I could consistently figure out how fast you cross them.
You can travel 6 miles per hour by horse. How do they figure you only go 30 miles by horse in a 25 hour day? Only 150 miles in a 7 day week?

I don't know about you, but if I can only negotiate with my horses to make them walk 5 hours a day, 5 days a week, I need more manageable horses.  :?
I think that's because if you ride a horse hard (or even lightly, but continuously) for 25 hours, the horse is dead. Likewise, if you are traveling for an extended period of time, you don't move nearly as fast, because you have to rest and/or walk the horse in order to keep it hale and healthy. That's what I've heard, anyway. I'm by no means an expert....

In ancient strategy handbooks and guides commanders experts estimated that armies with horses are a lot slower than armies who consist only of foot sluggers, due to the immense logistics involved with horses. they need huge amounts of food, a lot more water than humans and are extremely frail.

I suppose same goes for ordinary travel with the notable exception of pony service like things who can change their horses a lot and have always fresh replacements ready.

And I see... nobody likes halta, me neither. I like the halsanti league though and the northern north so to say.

I read somewhere that a man in excellent physical condition can cover more ground in a day or a week than most horse.  Probably depends on the breed of Horse tough.  I'd hope that breeds of horse used in endurance race can beat a man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back