• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Dragon Age: A Retelling

Robin man

He/They
So I'm a huge fan of the Dragon Age trilogy. I played through the first one about thirteen times, play thirteen would be considered "The Perfect" good guy run. I played through the second twice (It wasn't the best). And I'm currently playing through the third one for my first run, and I'm trying to do everything.

Now that everyone knows my video game background, time for the roleplay idea.

So I love Origins to death, it's one of my favorite games of all time. And I want to have a roleplay that takes place during the story of Origins, but with a twist. Unlike a lot people wanting to just roleplay the campaign with the same canon characters and same backgrounds from the game, I want to change that common recurrence.

First I want all of the characters to be new Grey Wardens, but they are totally original. So if you want to make one Qunari mage that escaped from Par Vollen as a child and lived his or her life in solitude, and was found by the Wardens and then recruited? Go for it. A elven keeper that had her clan slaughtered by DarkSpawn, and went to Weissaumpt fortress herself and just went through the joining and was assigned to go to Ostagar with Duncan? Hell yeah, do it. A human warrior that was murderer and was about to be executed but was conscripted before the execution? I'll be more than intrigued. A dwarf paragon that got lost in the deep roads during an expedition, and was found by a group of Wardens? Do it then.

But these characters can not be re-skins of canon characters, what I mean is, I don't someone playing the character of Alistair just with a different face. I'm not saying they can't have similar traits and quircks, but they can't be 100% the same.

Now for the world. If any of you played through Inquisition, then you would know that Fereldan has expanded greatly, with its creatures, towns, or general places that weren't there in Origins are gonna be there. So we're playing the story of Origins, but just in the Ferlden of the third game, in the terms of its expansion.

If any of you Dragon Age fans are interested. I want to know who are your top three companions from the Trilogy when you respond. Mine are as follows

1. Shale (Origins)

2. BlackWall (Inquisition)

3. Varric (2 and Inquisition)

I'm tottally interested, origins was my favorite game for a long time...

Btw, mine are:

1 Morrigan (Origins)

2 Cassandra (Inquisition)

3 Cole / Sera (Both inquisition, can't choose one at all)

Glad to here from someone already. I was expecting hate mail first to be honest. And those are very awesome choices. Morrigan and Cassandra are both awesome, I don't know what to think of Cole lol. And Seras just funny

I like cole cause he is chaotic but good on his own way, I naturally developed some liking for him after seeing how he did a lot of shit cause he doesn't know how to help others... And Sera is... Sera, who can hate a crazy elf?

So I've played 1 and 2 just as many times as you, but I literally just started Inquisition yesterday, I hope that won't be a problem. (I'm not good with endings so I kind of put off playing DAI). But I'm so interested because I love Origins (I'm guilty of writing a fan fic or 2). I'm definitely interested, as long as its cool that I've just started origins?

Oh and top 3 are:

1. Morrigan (DAO)

2. Varric/ Alistair (DAO & DA2, I cannot choose between them even though i know Alistair is a "typical girl choice" or whatever)

3. Shale (DAO)

That's fine, I only started 3 about two weeks ago, and I still haven't finished it yet. And I welcome all knowledgeable fans of the series, and you fit the knowledgeable aspect ^^

By the way, I like your choices for favorite companions

For some reason I find Alistair pretty much annoying, Varric is the fourth of my favorite list tough...

Can't say that I'm tottally free from "typical boy choice" tough, morrigan is tottally mainstream.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to do something with the idea you put forward. There aren't enough Dragon Age based role-plays on this site so it is exciting to see this!

My favorite game is definitely Origins but I do enjoy Inquisition greatly.

Favorite Characters:

1. Dorian (DA:I) - (I can relate to him and I have a passion for sassy characters.)

2. Morrigan / Alistair (DA:O) - (Hard to pick between these two. Puns verus total sass.)

3. Fenris (DA:2) - (Brooding is great.)

I agree with that, and all of them are just repasting the game to begin with, so it sometimes get repetitive. Now with you included, I'll say when at least need one more person, than I can make the roleplay thread.

And very nice choices on the sass levels with those companions lol

Gahh I want to join! I've play all the three games more than once and my favorite characters would be...

1. Varric (All the way!)

2. Fenris (DAO)

3. Morrigan/Alistair (They are both great character I could never chose between them.)

Well I love all the characters really xD

I'm in.

1) Varric (a reason unto himself to play the games.)

2) Fenris (a good friend who changed my view on mages and has a killer voice)

3) Iron Bull (A surprisingly deep character for what I originally thought of as just a meat head.)

Welcome aboard, and I like your profile pic you have. And I'm currently working on the main thread, it should be done today

This was more difficult than I anticipated...

(1) Dorian - Dragon Age Inquisition

(2) Varric - Dragon Age 2

(3) Leliana - Dragon Age Origins

This series are the reason why I got into games in the first place, as I never was much of a player to begin with. Story, characters, lore, it was all worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back