• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Don't be afraid to hear my song (Melerica & Terra Rizing)

Henry was deep in thought as he approached the beach. He expected to reach it soon and then the real fun would begin. He had worked with the person who gave him the contract twice and both times he delivered. But this was different, he was a very good hunter but he never faced a siren. And from what the rumors he heard about them accepting this contract was probably a very bad idea. But he was an adventurous person and couldn't help himself.After all, he haven't had a good challenge in a long while. Besides, sirens have the reputation of being very beautiful and a sight worth seeing. He didn't bother to ask his client why he wanted him to hunt this siren, all he knew is where to find her. He took a deep breath as he reached the beach, not fully knowing what to expect but curious and excited.

@Melerica

Last edited by a moderator:
As Henry got closer to the small beach the sound of a young woman's laugh could be heard. "Henry." the soft, soothing voice called. "Henry." It wasn't until he got about 20 feet from the water's edge that he could see Mae. She was laying on a rock a few feet out into the water. Her tail moved back and forth gracefully as she watched him approaching. As he moved closer she began to sing softly, becoming to come closer.

((In case you weren't aware he will need to cover his ears with something so he doesn't hear her song.))

Henry caught his breath as he heard a beautiful and soothing voice call his name. He slowly approached as he took out the earmuffs he brought with him. He had done his research and knew very well the dangers of a siren's singing, even though it disappointed him that listening to such beautiful voice could have devastating results. But what really baffled him is how she knew his name. He finally came close enough to lay eyes upon her and he felt his heart beating rapidly in his chest. she was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen. He put on the earmuffs so he could block off her singing as she approached. "You know my name, how? And... I guess you also know why I am here."

"We the sirens see all, past, present, and future." Mae said, turning onto her back before sliding back into the water. She slowly swam towards him. "Come closer, Henry. Let me tell you what your future holds." She stayed a bit away from the shore, beckoning to come into the water with her. "Listen to my song, let me sing of your great fortune and wealth." She held her hand out for him. "Come to me, dear Henry."

Henry smiled his charming smile at her. "Well you see, I'm not your average fool who you can lure into your domain, and your songs offer nothing but my ruin." He then took a step closer. "So you can see the future, my pretty siren? Then surely you already know your fate. You know that you're my prey and that you shall come with me." He took another step. "So tell me siren, are you afraid?"

"Afraid of you? A son of man?" Mae laughed. "We the sirens fear no mortal." Although she could see the future, sirens could only see glimpses of it. And the future could always be changed. She began to sing her song again, unable to see his ears were being covered. Her eyes studied him carefully. He didn't seem to be swayed by her song at all. Her voice grew a little louder, hoping to overcome whatever was stopping him from hearing her song.

He raised his eyebrow at her laugh and comment. "Forgive me siren but I do find myself at a disadvantage here, for you know my name and I do not know yours." He removed his sword hilt and dropped it on the ground beside him then sat on the sand, not once taking his eye off the siren. He was captivated by her beauty. Her blonde hair and stunning blue eyes. "You call me a mortal. I know that it's rude to ask a pretty lady's age but in this case I'm curious beyond manners."

Mae started to become frustrated. Was he simply toying with her? She was not going to simply sit around and talk to him. Although he had dropped his sword she was sure he was carrying some other weapon. He obviously came looking for her for a reason. One does not live as long as she had without knowing when to back off. She quickly dove back beneath the water. Although she did not surface she kept a close eye on him from below. If he came deeper into the water she would be able to drag him under but she wasn't sure she would be able to hold him down since he could struggle. Most of her victims were too hypnotized by her song to even notice.

"Great..." Henry said with a sigh as she dived under water. He stood back up and shouted. "What is it, dear siren? Was I not entertaining enough to earn you presence?" He said as he walked towards the water. "Or do you fear a son of man after all." Thoughts started swarming Henry's head, she much be confused that her song isn't effecting him. "May I ask you to surface again beautiful creature? I wish merely to talk to you, for now." He said as he tried to look into the depth of the water but saw nothing but reflections.

"One does not simply talk to us." Mae said, coming from a rock behind him. "But then again, one does not also come looking for us." She peered down at him from the rock as the waves hit against the side of the rock. After a moment she slid off the rock moving a bit closer to him. She hoped to get close enough to remove whatever was blocking his hearing so he could hear her song. "So tell me, son of man, why have you come looking for me?" she asked, slowly circling him.

Henry was startled when her voice came from behind him. He swiftly turned and stared at her as she peered down on him. "Woah, that was an impressive trick." But then as she started to get close to him he couldn't help but admire her body and beauty. But something in his mind warned him and he quickly reached down for his sword and held it in her direction. "That's far enough. And I shall not answer any of your questions until you tell me your name, Siren."

Mae stopped as he drew his sword. So much for just wanting to talk. "I am called Mae." she replied. She held her arms out, almost in a surrendering pose. "Put down your sword, dear Henry. Do you really think I could hurt you? I have no means of defending myself. Let me come close to see you. Let me look into your eyes and tell you your future." She moved a bit closer, her eyes staring straight into his.

"Mae... It is a beautiful name that matches your beauty." He relaxed as she held out her hands and spoke to him. He slowly lowered his sword as he thought about her words... tell him his future? If he wasn't wearing his earmuffs he wouldn't have any. But he decided to go with it. "Why do you offer to tell me my fortune? what's in it for you? And don't tell me it's out of the kindness of your heart."

Mae grinned as he slowly lowered his swords. "It's what we sirens do." she said, moving closer to him. "It's what the gods created us for." As she got closer she could see the ear muffs that were blocking his ears. She pretended not to notice as she moved ever closer. "I can see you are destined for greatness. Power, wealth, anything your heart desires can be yours." She circled around him again, hoping to be able to remove them from behind. "Tell me, Henry, what is it you truly desire?"

He had an amused look on his face as he listen to her talk with a grin. She was thinking she has the upper hand now. "The Gods are wise then." He said as he turned back abruptly to face her. "What is it that I desire?" He then slowly lifted his sword. "What do I desire?" He slowly took a step towards her and touched her skin with his sword's tip. "You... You are my desire." He said slowly. He wondered what her reaction would be.

Mae moved back as the cold sword touched her skin. It took her a moment to realize that she was standing between him and the shore. He was blocking her only means of escape. She could try and quickly swim past him but that action could easily be met by the swing of his sword. "Well, human. Why have you come seeking me?" she hissed. There was no point in pretending to be sweet any longer.

He stared into her pale blue eyes for a few seconds then slowly opened his mouth, deciding to be frank with her. "You are to be my prisoner and shall accompany me." He then took a deep breath. "No harm will come to you as long as you cooperate. After all, I wouldn't want to harm such beauty, unless I am forced."

"And what would make you think I would go along with such an idea?" Mae glared. "I'd rather die than be taken prisoner by the likes of you." She didn't know why he needed to take her captive but she would resist any chance she could. No siren did well away from the ocean, and they certainly didn't do well in cages.

"The likes of me Siren? What do you know about me? Tell me." He asked curiously as stared into her eyes again. He couldn't help but be captivated by them. "You will come with me Mae, but I would be lying if I said I knew your fate. To me this is a job, one I intend to see through."

This was the moment Mae had to make a decision. Either go along willingly or make a break towards deeper water where he wouldn't be able to follow her. She knew the farther she was from the ocean the less effective her powers became. A few miles inland and she would be as powerless as the mortals she despises. Her mind was made up. She wasn't going down without a fight. After a moment she leapt towards her small opening, hoping to be able to slip past Henry.

Henry had to admit, she was fast. But sadly not fast enough. After being a hunter for years his reflexes became very fast and he was able to tackle her as she passed by him. "It's not gonna be this easy, you do realize that right?" He tried to pin her to the ground with his weight.

Mae let out a loud screech as he tackled her. Her tail moved wildly, trying to break free of his grasp. "Let me go, mortal!" she growled, her voice completely void of the sweetness it once had. She continued to fight but found it nearly impossible to escape. Her body began to grow weary and her struggling decreased.

Henry raised an eyebrow as she spoke with a violent voice. "Oh? Where did your sweet voice go? And here I was actually starting to like you." He then stretched his hand and reach for his sword then put the tip of it on Mae's throat. "Stop fighting your fate, Mae." He then slowly rose while keeping his sword on her throat.

Mae's stopped as the edge of his sword came towards her throat. She knew there was no getting her way out of this now. Her only chance was to make an escape later once his guard was down. "Just remember if you turn your back for even a second I will kill you." she warned. She watched as they got closer to the water's edge. Once she was out of the water she would be almost completely helpless until her tail dried. Part of her was a bit nervous. She had never been out of the water before. This would be her first attempt on human legs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back