Does the Unconquered Sun Need A Most Divine Therapist?

Celestial Wine can actually cure it, but those sob from yu shan never gave it to mortals... they could have saved a whole lot of people, saved some, the vips.

cyl said:
Hmmm that's a point, but he didn't actually move a finger when Creation was struck with the Balorian Crusade and the Contagion...
I mean I can get the whole "my chosen were overcome with self sufficiency and they became arrogant so I'm going to let the world be screwed in every possible way so when they rise again they'll have stuff to do and maybe... maybe that'll teach them a lesson" but there are several loopholes in this point of view:
I think you miss my point. The Unconquered Sun, from my view, isn't trying to teach his Chosen a lesson. What happened in the First Age to turn him against the Solar Deliberative is past and done; The Exalts of that era are dead and gone.

What the Unconquered Sun is doing for Creation is giving its champions, the Exalted, something to champion. If the Unconquered Sun had ever taken the field in the Balorian Crusade, the Fae would have lost immediately. There is nothing the Fae can do that the Unconquered Sun couldn't defeat with three arms and one leg tied behind his back.

Instead, he gave the Lunars one of their greatest moments, when the Silver Pact fought tooth and claw to buy Creation time. He gave the Dragon-Blooded the chance to show the world what the least of the Exalted could do against overwhelming odds and they proudly stepped forward and showed the legions of Chaos itself why they should not trifle with the Terrestrials. The Sidereals themselves orchestrated the victory there, when they tied the fate of all Creation to the Scarlet Empress (and gave Chejop Kejack a headache for the next seven centuries).

Since then, threats have gathered, but always within the skills of the Exalted to control. Now they are worse than ever, but now the Solars are on the scene and the best thing Sol Invictus can do for his own Chosen is to leave them alone and let them walk their own path. They will rise to the occasion and he knows it. He'll give them their moments of glory.

Would it have been for the crusade alone I'd have understood, but the Crusade was no isolated incident, there was the Contagion on top. 90% kill rate, the fae did the rest... he clearly did not want to save Creation or at least the bilions of mortals that died... that's clearly not the same Ignis Divine who steps in to put the Kukla to sleep to save people.

And it goes for every incarnas... there has been a few direct interventions from the Incarnas throughout history (reorganization of the Terrestrial Bureaucracy, Slumber of some EDs, Kukla, breaking of the Mask), so when things go wrong they stepped in... 800 years ago, all hell breaks loose and nobody moves a finger... :|

@Virjigorm:

I really like the idea of the Games being crucial for creations existence. I think I read something somewhere that the primordial built Yu Shan and the games and than creation around it. What if creation and the games are inexplicaply linked? So when the Exalted and the Incarnae entered Heaven and kicked the Primordials out, the Incarnae came soon to understand that the Games needed to be played to ensure creations existence. So they started playing them, but being Incarnae they could still get away from the Games from time to time. But when the contagation happend, with the Balorian crusade on top of it, it threw creation so far off balance that they needed to dedicate all their time to playing the game, just to keep creation existing.

In this Version, the games being played would create the energy to keep creation running. It takes that power from the energy and dedication of the players, which the pit against the game. That wasn't much of a bother for Primordials, but its taking its toll from the Incarnae...exspecially since the World was damaged so badly. Therefore, the most powerful of them needs everything he can muster to keep things running, and can't care about anything else.

DasDom said:
In this Version, the games being played would create the energy to keep creation running. It takes that power from the energy and dedication of the players, which the pit against the game. That wasn't much of a bother for Primordials, but its taking its toll from the Incarnae...exspecially since the World was damaged so badly. Therefore, the most powerful of them needs everything he can muster to keep things running, and can't care about anything else.
That's an interesting angle...It makes me think about waypoints and the power of symbol and story in the Wyld. What if the Games are the singularity of meaning that allows reality to become stable around it. They could be the ultimate metaphor; nigh-incomprehensible powers vying for position and competing with one another in a common framework of firmly established rules. Perhaps the more trouble Creation is in, the more difficult and demanding the Games become. When the Solars ruined the First Age, the Sun didn't just turn away, he had to devote more time to the Games just to hold everything together. Since then, things have only gotten worse. The other Incarnae are not "less addicted" they are just not as good at it as the US, and therefor less necessary.

This is a good idea...

It also implies that by fixing creation, you can lessen the burden for the Incarnae, so that they in turn can become more active again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back