Does the idea of being too "Mary-Sue" scare people away from certain tropes?

I suggest if they will allow making a Mary Sue like character and one that is not

I have also found a character with different Personalities will usually keep people from calling you a Mary sue for instance my main role play persons

Shadora/Shadow Fawn who grew up with no parents and was depending on the role play lived on the streets by herself or was raised by abusive people but she was extremely beautiful with a voice that could in thrall others and after she escaped the abuse trained to harness her power and became strong very Mary sue bur if I add her other Personalities her violent and hot headed teenage self her wise and calm older self and her extremely powerful but small and inoccent child self she isn't so Mary sue anymore one person can have all these traits depending on how you offset them I use different Personalities there are other ways this is just my favorite

Shadora said:
I suggest if they will allow making a Mary Sue like character and one that is not
I have also found a character with different Personalities will usually keep people from calling you a Mary sue for instance my main role play persons

Shadora/Shadow Fawn who grew up with no parents and was depending on the role play lived on the streets by herself or was raised by abusive people but she was extremely beautiful with a voice that could in thrall others and after she escaped the abuse trained to harness her power and became strong very Mary sue bur if I add her other Personalities her violent and hot headed teenage self her wise and calm older self and her extremely powerful but small and inoccent child self she isn't so Mary sue anymore one person can have all these traits depending on how you offset them I use different Personalities there are other ways this is just my favorite
Question: I don't understand the 'teenage, older, child selves' thing, but the personalities are conflicting with each other. You say she's innocent and yet she's described as 'violent' and 'wise'. A person gains knowledge through learning about the pasts mistakes they did (and books, and other sources) and she can't be considered innocent if she knows how to beat someone up. The fact that she was living in the streets by herself and she's already a teenager, she would've been through a lot of things already like, say, hunger, hormones, and so on and so forth. And if she's hot headed, how can she stay calm for a while? Mooovin' those aside, if you disregard the conflicting traits, she's alright! god I made this a critic sorry ;_;

But like what Shadora said, having a surprising persona/behaviors can have a big impact (I think) on whether a character is or is not a "Mary Sue/Gary Stu". My goodness all of this just for one sentence? Take Dexter as an example from Dexter's Laboratory.

Dexter' date=' though highly intelligent, often fails at what he has set out to do when he becomes overexcited and makes careless choices. | Despite his great genius, Dexter is in fact very naive and occasionally very ignorant about certain subjects to the point where it seems like he lacks common sense; | Dexter is still a young and inexperienced child who lacks wisdom and experience.[/quote']

@Wolf Wolf I think Shadora is just missing some commas. I believe he/she outlined 3 distinct personalities for 3 different characters that share the same frame or maybe 3 different stages in that character's life. Like how some people use the same character but adapt them to different rps. So there is a Shadora that is a hot-headed teen, one who's an innocent child and one who's wise and older.

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/services/neurological_institute/center-for-behavorial-health/disease-conditions/hic-dissociative-identity-disorder

Wolf Wolf It is because she has a split Personality or DID or Dissociative identity disorder I put in a link for you so you can better understand

amdreams said:
@Wolf Wolf I think Shadora is just missing some commas. I believe he/she outlined 3 distinct personalities for 3 different characters that share the same frame or maybe 3 different stages in that character's life. Like how some people use the same character but adapt them to different rps. So there is a Shadora that is a hot-headed teen, one who's an innocent child and one who's wise and older.
Yes exactly she has DID I use her for most rp and just change her thank you for helping me explain myself sometimes I word things where people can't understand because of my ADHA I appreciate you explain for me

amdreams said:
Apparently, I was wrong. Whoops.
You explained exactly I use her for most rp and just change her thank you for helping me explain myself sometimes I word things where people can't understand because of my ADHA I appreciate you explain for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back