Other Do you know how to cook?

How confident are you in the kitchen?

• Not at all. Call the firefighters!

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Eh, I can microwave stuff.

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • I have mastered one or two dishes.

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • If I read over a recipe, I can figure it out.

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • I can eyeball all the ingredients and still make an awesome dish.

Votes: 19 27.5%

• Total voters
see, i can make good food. thats not the hard part. the hard part is bein able to wait. i am very go go go in the kitchen.

I like to think I'm a pretty decent cook. Once I learn a recipe I may experiment with different ingredients and eye-ball measurements. Of course if I compare my skills to my roommate, then I am nothing but a noob haha.

I think I'm decent at cooking. I'm a bit of a fussy eater so knowing what foods I liked as ingredients helps a lot with adapting recipes to suit my tastes. Initially I definitely followed recipes and wasn't very experimental, sticking mainly to Japanese cuisine, but after my uni days and cooking for myself I've learned to broaden my culinary horizons a little and have been dabbling with Chinese, Vietnamese and Italian foods.

I'm better at baking than I am at cooking! Mostly because I'm good at following a recipe but I'm not that great at getting creative, and I feel like cooking requires some creativity with the measurements to make the food like, special. I'm pretty darn good at pasta dishes though, since I make them fairly often!

i'm still learning™, but getting better. it doesn't help that i find baking > cooking, but i've gotten really good with a handful of recipes. i'm getting better at learning to cook by just looking at the recipes though i lowkey kinda find that daunting because i have no idea where my sister keeps all of the cooking supplies. rn, i'm a master with ground beef and learning to cook with chicken, pasta has never been too bad, and i'm pretty good with rice dishes. my best dish by far, though, are homemade pancakes.

I think I'm not that bad at cooking, although I'm leery of making anything that involves raw meats. With regards to baking, my baking generally doesn't look pretty but it tastes okay. I have trouble with underbaking a lot though - sometimes the toothpick comes out clean but it's still not done, and at those points I generally just suck it up and eat it anyway lol.

Hi!!

I just cooked last night! BBQ meats, grilled veg and kebabs! Made the marinades myself! I usually follow recipes consistently and so what i cook is niiiiice. Like i don't think i have anything memorized except for like red sauce cuz mire poix lol. I don't mind cooking but i dont have the attention span to cook for like anything more than like 30 min. But yo if you cook for me I'll do the dishes lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back