• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy /Detailed] --Eberrion ||| The Lines That Define Begin To Grey and Fade

Sicariote

Agent of Oblivion

I will be using this thread as an interest check, as well as a brainstorming pad. That being said, it is very likely new things will be added constantly, and perhaps with minimal organization at first; furthermore I welcome comments and suggestions as the concepts flesh out. I will point out that, although freeform, it is inspired by the World of Darkness setting: Changeling The Lost. By no means does it require ANY knowledge of Changeling - all the required information will be provided. However, I do welcome adaptations.

cities-fantasy-wallpaper-3.jpg

Eberrion

Colorado1.jpg

Denver, CO

|||OVERVIEW|||

The Fae World exists within the folds and pockets of our modern day dimension -- woven into the tapestry that encompasses our reality. Ever so often (and more frequently with a trained eye), their world shines through, spilling over into what we percieve. Sometimes with subtle gleams, other times with aggression. Those who have glanced this strange phenomenon, or those who have been ensnared into the world of Fae may try and find their way (back) into Arcadia.

|||RACES|||

Fae - those who have visited Arcadia and have been transformed by the eccentric magicks it possesses; or those who the True Fae have kidnapped and enslaved.

True Fae - Born into Arcadia, they are the purest form of fae folk - mutated by Arcadia's whimsical and inexplicable magic.

Humans - untainted by Fae

|||LOCATIONS|||

Denver, CO - this is where our story takes ahold

Arcadia - the realm of Fae, parallel to modern day

Eberrion - the main location in Arcadia

the Hedge - the physical and spiritual boundary between our reality and Arcadia

|||TYPES OF MAGIC|||

The magicks within Arcadia are absolutely vast, but adhere somewhat to four defining categories: spring (air), summer (fire), fall (earth), winter (water).

Although a decent majority of magical abilities fall into the aformentioned niches, it is noted that fae magic is perpetually transforming and growing.

In addition - True Fae can utilize up to two categories (their secondary is not usually as strong as their main), and Fae can use one.

There is a plethora of different types and uses for each. Examples include: Spring/Air users could control the growth of life - such as plants and physical regeneration (healing). They could also use air-based powers, such as barriers, or wind blades. Fall/Earth users can rely on earth-based powers, such as sandstorms, stone spikes, stone armor; or creative autumn abilities like sapping life, decaying or transforming organic substance, etc. Whereas you may only draw from one or two types, the possibilities within each are endless.

There are also '
Contracts' -- which are (sometimes dangerous) agreements between True Fae and Fae or humans that grant the latter abilities/powers. Contracts usually have a 'catch', a rule that must be followed, or a sacrifice that must be made in order to use the Contract.

|||COURTS|||

Each category of magic has its own Court -- a belonging of sorts, where True Fae and Fae Folk gather together as a group.

|||NPCs|||

There will be a few NPCs throughout the game, mostly to progress the plot and more importantly, the quests.

|||CURRENT PLOT|||

It is New Year's Eve, in both Denver and Arcadia. Humans are celebrating the possibities of the upcoming year, and the triumphs of the previous. Within Arcadia, the Four Courts are preparing the Annual Festival of Renewal-- a glorious gathering of all Fae and True Fae. Many activities abound: competition between and within the Courts, markets selling wonderous and strange wares, election of new (and continuing) officals of the Courts; as well as a mutual time of peace between everyone.

|||QUESTS|||

(freelance; can be accomplished through gameplay, or stumbled upon to activate)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interest as well. Was part of a similar roleplay long ago that never really kicked off due to RL issues with the Owner that took precedence. So i have a lot of pent up excitement for this type of RP. :P

I had almost lost hope in kicking this RP off. (:'()

Thank you for your interest, hopefully a few more will follow! (<3.<3)

I'm really excited about this concept.

Yup, imo its a very fun concept with a lot of creative potential.

In regards to the True Fae/Fae, are there any requirements for their appearance? Kind off already brainstorming idea's for a character >.<

Last edited by a moderator:
Not particularly - some True Fae can take on attributes of their environment, and powers; such as: feathers, claws, colorful skin, gills/scales, mechanical apparatus, visible auras, etc. Fae tend to look more human, although they can have apparent differences, depending on how long they spent in Arcadia/how often they visit.

[QUOTE="Galain Fletchawk]You know what? I'm in.

[/QUOTE]
Score!!

I'll aim to have the official thread up tomorrow.(<3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back