• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Dark, romantic RP (Who wants to go on a feels trip with me?) MxF

Quartz

Dude, I could go for some mac n' cheese right now
Hallu thar! :D

Get your butts planted comfortably on your seats because this is going to be one long-ass post.

This plot may contain mature themes. I would prefer my partner to be at least 21 years of age. 18 years old is the limit I'm setting.

"Portrait of Aiden’s Love"

Late 18th century, rural England. There were two brothers. Their mother deceased, and their father was estranged after gambling off their wealth and plunging the family into debt. The younger brother, Cain was a medical student, pressured to become a doctor and save this once-wealthy family from poverty. The older brother, Aiden was a despairing artist and an ex-traveler, fragile in body and mind. Cain lacked imagination, so he relied on Aiden and his creativity in order to escape stress and reality at times. In turn, Cain tried to ground Aiden with rationale when he was neurotic, and tried his level best to keep him from being terribly ill. Their dusty mansion was manically filled with Cain’s oil paintings, containing images both realistic and fantastical.

One day, Aiden dreamt of a woman, and claimed to be in love with her. Cain brushed it off as one of Aiden’s bursts of inspiration. Many of Aiden’s dreams were vivid, and he would paint them exactly how he saw them. The dream woman he painted, was beautiful and had details on her that made her seem she was a real person. Cain did not anticipate Aiden to be actually in love with a fabricated woman.

Cain came to a realisation: they were both lonely, abandoned, and pretty much doomed. Aiden’s health wasn’t improving and Cain couldn’t leave him to further his studies in the city.

Aiden finally passed on. Their father never returned for the funeral. Cain was alone with his brother’s paintings. He obsessed with his very last painting for a while: the portrait of that woman, and kept wondering if she somehow coaxed Aiden to finally let go of this life. He missed his brother dearly and wanted to blame someone or something. The mansion became darker as his negativity grew.

That negative energy attracted new company. A homeless, ragged, middle aged woman with greying hair appeared at his doorstep asking for food. He let her in and fed her because he had nothing to lose and was lonely anyway. The woman could be a witch, or a demon, some other spirit in disguise. She wanted to rent a room in this mansion and have frequent meals. When he enquired her method of payment, she answered, “I will pay you something that money can never give. Something that your soul craves. Name it and I will grant it.”

After lots of doubt and consideration, he decided to tell her that he wanted to have dreams like Aiden and see the world like he did, as it was his only form of escape. Plus, he was too much of a coward to end his own life. The woman agreed to give him just that, and used Aiden’s paintings as a gateway.

So whenever Cain slept, he would wake up in Aiden’s paintings, i.e.. Aiden’s world. He would meet the woman of Aiden’s dreams. He would resent her.

He would grow to love her.

And he would experience the wonders and madness that once existed in Aiden’s eyes, together with her.

———

What kind of wonders and madness, though? That’s something that you and I are going to decide together. I recommend that we play through this whole premise to learn about the brothers, and more importantly, to create Aiden’s mind and the world Cain will eventually dive into.

Because this story has the potential to be heavy, we can totally negotiate who we want to RP as; see who we’re comfortable playing as.

The playable characters are:

Cain, the dream woman (needs a name), Aiden, the middle age woman, possible other characters in reality and dream characters who resemble some of the people Aiden met in his travels.

Rules:

1) I want some effort in writing. Good use of grammar, capitalisation, spelling and punctuation are a huge plus, but since we’re not perfect (I’m faaaaar from it), I’m content with just seeing you pour some of yourself into your writing.

2) The length of each post depends on the content. You don't need to write two paragraphs to get your character to answer a simple, "Yes or no," question. But don't half-ass it either. Describe as much as necessary in order to enrich the story. I will challenge myself to do the same.

3) Let me know if you're bored of the story or life gets in the way. I can wait or cancel the RP, depending on the situation. I will try my best to inform you when I'm gonna be late or require a hiatus since I'm a busy woman myself.

4) Help me develop the plot! I’m no master writer and I may not have all the answers but, ask me questions anyway, and I will find answers as we go. Feel free to share your ideas and make suggestions too!

5) I think I’m cool with many mature themes, but it’s better to let each other know our limits. Let me know what makes you uncomfortable, or ask me if I’d like to try things that you’re not sure if I’m comfortable with. If we want to do steamy scenes, violence, gore, horror or anything that will potentially break site rules or make others uncomfortable, we can discuss about using another method of communication for them.

6) Not everything has to be doom and gloom, lol. While I don’t mind some strong emotions from this story, there’s completely no harm in trying to relax and have fun with it!

7) We can totally get to know one another while we’re at it! :D

That’s about it for now! PM me if you’re interested and do send me a sample of your writing :)

EDIT: Since there are multiple people interested in this one on one, I'm gonna have to read your writing samples and exchange a bit of ideas to see if our styles are ideas are compatible D:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, I'm glad you think so! Would you be interested?

[QUOTE="Paint The Wind]Absolutely!

[/QUOTE]
Excellent! Send me a PM with a sample of your writing (preferably detailed, just to get a gist of your writing style) whenever you're ready :D

And if you have any ideas, do share them!

Yes. I would like to know about the painting woman's profile? And if it's made by the RPer or something like that, i'd like to know what i can make! (Also, that was FAST! ((the snail is fast xD oh my god i'm so stupid)) )

MacReleaseTheBogus said:
Yes. I would like to know about the painting woman's profile? And if it's made by the RPer or something like that, i'd like to know what i can make! (Also, that was FAST! ((the snail is fast xD oh my god i'm so stupid)) )
There are currently no written profiles of the characters. This is something we can definitely work on together, if you'd like! (Bahaha, I was simply around when you posted. Your timing is impeccable xD )

MacReleaseTheBogus said:
and wow, we have a few stuff in common for RP preferences
Oooh? Like what? :D

MacReleaseTheBogus said:
One on one RP, Fantasy and sci-fi and even detailed! also, my perfect RP is- RELEASE THE BOOOGUS
I didn't understand the reference to that last sentence, so I spent about 10 minutes looking that up xD

Did you mean, "TO THE EXTREME," or did I get it wrong? lol

No, it's a punch out wii reference, where super macho man throws a spinning uppercut and says "RELEASE THE-" and resumes the line after hitting you, but if you dodge, he'll say either "bogus." "duude!" or "nooo!" so it sounds like "RELEASE THE BOGUS"

MacReleaseTheBogus said:
No, it's a punch out wii reference, where super macho man throws a spinning uppercut and says "RELEASE THE-" and resumes the line after hitting you, but if you dodge, he'll say either "bogus." "duude!" or "nooo!" so it sounds like "RELEASE THE BOGUS"
Well, damn urbandictionary for telling me the wrong thing, then, lol.

You just joined this site today? I can PM you if you don't have any PM privileges yet, and discuss this RP further, if you want :D

Since this is gonna be a one on one RP and there are others interested, I'm gonna need a writing sample and maybe a little exchange of ideas to see if we're compatible. Sounds a little tedious but please bear with me for a bit!

SerenaStark said:
Omg I love this idea. I would love to rp this with you!!!
Woot! That's great! Send me a PM with a writing sample or two!

Quartz said:
Well, damn urbandictionary for telling me the wrong thing, then, lol.
Yeah, lol punch out wii isn't that famous yet ;-;

Quartz said:
You just joined this site today? I can PM you if you don't have any PM privileges yet, and discuss this RP further, if you want :D
yeah, i just hoined, and ok, thx

SerenaStark said:
Awesome! Does it have to be on a specific topic or just on anything so you can see my writing?
Anything at all! Show me what you're proud of :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back