• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Daikan Dojo

(Sorry, I was busy over the weekend.)

As Tatsu was asked what skills they would train today, she answered: "First I must assess the abilities of my new students. Then depending on their abilities we may either do some sparring or I might teach them the basics of the Daikan style." At that moment a group of people came into the courtyard. One was dressed in a rather noble fashion. It was the local lord and his following.

"Where is my favorite warrior?" The lord asked. Tatsu bowed and said: "Right here. What brings you here today my lord?" "Well I just wanted to see how things were coming along with the dojo and tell you of the recent news." The lord said. Tatsu nodded.

"Well we have negotiated peace with the neighboring domain and a trade pact. So no battles should occur in the near future. Also I must warn that there is something in our forests that has been killing oni and other manlike beings. They all seem to have suffered the same fate. They show signs of wounds by a sword and they have become almost like stone as if something has drained them of their power. An old oni claims to have seen a woman on one night of the occurances. Do you know anything about it?" The lord said. Tatsu then answered: "The woman may have been me as I have become aware of the incidents and have tried to hunt for the perpetrator myself. Occasionally oni do attack me, but I only provide mortal wounds and eventually take some of their blood if they are of truly evil intent."

"Well thank you for clarifying. If you wouldn't mind. I would like to stay and watch you train your students." The lord said. Tatsu then replied: "Go ahead and take a seat. But please do not have so many followers in the courtyard. We need some space for training as most of it might occur within the courtyard."

One guard put a pillow on the walkway and the lord sat on it. Two guards then stood beside him while the rest of the following dispersed to positions outside of the school wall.

Gorou, still sitting by a tree in the courtyard listened closely to the conversation. 'Why would she do something like that. Is it just for sport or was she actually doing it for the greater good' He lays his head on the base of the tree and picks his mind some more 'And why drain their power' These questions and more ran through Gorou as he zoned out under the tree, waiting for training to start.

(It didn't say that she intentionally attacked the oni. She only defended herself from attackers while searching for the oni killer.)

Tatsu then called the three students together and said: "Okay. I would like you to practice striking these wooden posts, so that I can see at which level you are. Take the wooden training swords for it. For those who want to know what they could potentially do when their three years are up, I will show you." Tatsu set up the wooden posts for the three and set up bamboo for herself, one of which was a bit further away. She then stood in the middle of the bamboo and pulled her sword. She quickly swung the sword and the paused. The surrounding bamboo then fell to pieces. She then concentrated and swung the sword powerful enough for the wind to pick up. The bamboo that was a good ways away from her then broke in half as soon as she shealthed her sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back