CyBitXX (Cyberpunk Roleplay)

TheStoneNinja00

So I'm not sure if many people here know what the Cyberpunk genre is, but it can be read about here.

Anyway, I want to start a roleplay based around this genre. The main plot start goes like this:

You are looking into becoming part of a rebel group called the "untethered," a group that refuses to follow social media groups and popular trends, relying on DIY and street vendor tech, and only buying leading brand tech when absolutely necessary. Your main enemy is a company called Event Horizon Social Media and Technological Industries (or just HORZ for short). After an event explained in the story I will write, this company is slowly but surely enforcing their own laws and taking over two major macropolises (cities that grew to the size of small states) with military force of their own creation. (similar to the gang takeovers during the prohibition, but on a much larger and more deadly scale.).

Anyway, I digress. You walk into "Cyrus' Bar and Diner" where Cyrus serves you a drink and waits for customers to leave before taking you into a room with the other players where he begins discussing the initiation process. Please give input. I will develop an action/adventure type storyline with objective missions and as many fight scenes as seems reasonable..

Character signup is here.

This really sounds interesting. I've always been stuck with Steampunk, but I'm willing to give Cyberpunk a try; it really sounds and looks cool. I want in.

This sounds interesting. :) I'd like to know more about the street vendor tech and brand name tech that you're talking about- are these supposed to be company acquisitions of new technologies?

I totally think this idea would work if everyone is absolutely dependent on the internet/technology in their daily lives and accept the increasingly-coercive nature of the company if it means that people can still rely on their services.

Rafi said:
This sounds interesting. :) I'd like to know more about the street vendor tech and brand name tech that you're talking about- are these supposed to be company acquisitions of new technologies?
I totally think this idea would work if everyone is absolutely dependent on the internet/technology in their daily live and accept the increasingly-coercive nature of the company if it means that people can still rely on their services.
Well street vendor tech is either:

1) large corp tech that has been unlocked (eg jailbreaking an iPhone) or modified so that tracking devices implanted by the corporation no longer function

2) homemade tech made from scratch or old parts by choppers.

EDIT: A street vendor is a shady guy in an alley, not a vending machine... just wanted to clarify

Gotcha.

I think you said something about a character sheet page earlier...Will you let me know when/where it's up? I have an interesting idea for a charrie already.

Rafi said:
Gotcha.
I think you said something about a character sheet page earlier...Will you let me know when/where it's up? I have an interesting idea for a charrie already.
Look up in the topic post of this thread. I put a link at the bottom. Or you could just click here -> ಠ_ಠ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back