Chitchat covid sick thread.

elric.

totally normal.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
i'm sick w/ covid and homebound until further notice. i need some people to talk to. tell me a bit about yourselves, your hyperfixations, your current ideas, etc!

Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that, buddy. I hope the sickness passes as quickly as it came! I've been obsessed with honey recently and am currently figuring out how I can incorporate it into my baking. Think a layer cake with honey icing and drizzled in honey could be a good idea? Or is it overkill? Also have been brainstorming ideas for a character in a roleplay I joined. I think he could have excellent chemistry with another character and I wish I had a time machine so I can fast forward to when my friend is free so we can talk shop!

What about you? What have you been up to?

Aw man, I'm sorry to hear that, buddy. I hope the sickness passes as quickly as it came! I've been obsessed with honey recently and am currently figuring out how I can incorporate it into my baking. Think a layer cake with honey icing and drizzled in honey could be a good idea? Or is it overkill? Also have been brainstorming ideas for a character in a roleplay I joined. I think he could have excellent chemistry with another character and I wish I had a time machine so I can fast forward to when my friend is free so we can talk shop!

What about you? What have you been up to?
i'm no expert w/ baking, but i don't think your honey idea sounds overkill at all? my sister just made lemon cookies w/ lemon drizzle and that didn't feel like overkill (very good if i could taste it, probably, lemon is my favorite flavor). what's the roleplay you've just joined/the character you're thinkin' about making? usually, i say yolo it and make the character, tbh.

aside from dying, uhh. . i've been writing a crossover w/ a friend and fanfiction on the side. my biggest brainrot at the moment is wondering if i should get back in animal crossing for a while or just keep watching randos play it on twitch, lol. i kinda miss my old island, but it's not the best, so i'd probably just rather restart at this point.

i'm no expert w/ baking, but i don't think your honey idea sounds overkill at all? my sister just made lemon cookies w/ lemon drizzle and that didn't feel like overkill (very good if i could taste it, probably, lemon is my favorite flavor). what's the roleplay you've just joined/the character you're thinkin' about making? usually, i say yolo it and make the character, tbh.

aside from dying, uhh. . i've been writing a crossover w/ a friend and fanfiction on the side. my biggest brainrot at the moment is wondering if i should get back in animal crossing for a while or just keep watching randos play it on twitch, lol. i kinda miss my old island, but it's not the best, so i'd probably just rather restart at this point.

Word! Thanks for the reassurance! I'll keep you posted on my progress! Here's the RP in question! TLDR; A goup of people who had been trained to be killers since they were young are left to their own devices when their adopted father is killed by a vengeful son. The character I came up with was taught that your survival is the only thing that matters, causing him to shun his brothers and sisters. Then there's the other character, who is more outgoing and actually cares about others. I could see a rivalry forming over their differing views on things. Tell me about these writing projects of yours! Pinky promise I won't steal them for myself! ;)

As for whether to play Animal Crossing again, do it! I'm going through the same thing, except for me it's Dragon Ball Raging Blast. When you say that the island wasn't the best, can it be salvaged?

Sorry to hear you’re sick with covid, buddy. Actually my current hyper fixation is a cross over with Black Clover with Final Fantasy VII or One Piece.Though, I’m leaning towards Final Fantasy VII more versatile. As for my ideas, hoping to make mint brownies with these smol Andes mints for a future picnic.

Word! Thanks for the reassurance! I'll keep you posted on my progress! Here's the RP in question! TLDR; A goup of people who had been trained to be killers since they were young are left to their own devices when their adopted father is killed by a vengeful son. The character I came up with was taught that your survival is the only thing that matters, causing him to shun his brothers and sisters. Then there's the other character, who is more outgoing and actually cares about others. I could see a rivalry forming over their differing views on things. Tell me about these writing projects of yours! Pinky promise I won't steal them for myself! ;)

As for whether to play Animal Crossing again, do it! I'm going through the same thing, except for me it's Dragon Ball Raging Blast. When you say that the island wasn't the best, can it be salvaged?
seems interesting! too bad it's only realistic fcs, not really my cup of tea w/ those. my projects are. . not much, lol. i just have a crossover concept right now with my long time friend that's basically characters ending up in a multiverse world and having to fight in a competition. i also have an fma fanfiction au that i need to work on when i'm not dying too.

+ the island can be salvaged, i just don't know if i care to at this point.
Sorry to hear you’re sick with covid, buddy. Actually my current hyper fixation is a cross over with Black Clover with Final Fantasy VII or One Piece.Though, I’m leaning towards Final Fantasy VII more versatile. As for my ideas, hoping to make mint brownies with these smol Andes mints for a future picnic.
ty! i'm about a week in & i sadly have to miss my first day of a new job because of this (new manager is v understanding though!). i'm not super familiar with any of those fandoms though feel free to brainrot/dump here, would love to hear what you've got cooking up!

Ooh, what's your preference when it comes to consistence for your brownies? Do you like them gooey or crispy?
seems interesting! too bad it's only realistic fcs, not really my cup of tea w/ those. my projects are. . not much, lol. i just have a crossover concept right now with my long time friend that's basically characters ending up in a multiverse world and having to fight in a competition. i also have an fma fanfiction au that i need to work on when i'm not dying too.

ty! i'm about a week in & i sadly have to miss my first day of a new job because of this (new manager is v understanding though!). i'm not super familiar with any of those fandoms though feel free to brainrot/dump here, would love to hear what you've got cooking up!
Is it a free-for-all or team based competition? Also, I love multiverse stories because they rreally let you tap into your creative side regarding interactions! Also, Allow me to pitch an idea for this fma au fanfiction! Instead of Edward losing an arm and a leg, he loses both arms and legs so he's just this human chicken nugget performing alchemy. No need to thank me for the mental image I gave you. Just doing God's work :^).

ughh I also have covid, viscerally feel your pain so much. As someone who doesn't get sick, I haven't ached so much in all my life ;;;; i'm an astrophysicist so my current fixation is sorting out some pulsar data, I pushed a few potential candidates forward a while ago, so i'm wondering how their doing 🗿 Chandra took this stupidly beautiful picture of Vela a while back and its really humbling to think that the spectra I stare at on a graph is something so beautiful (and unrelenting)
crab.jpg

hope you can rest soon ;;; drink lots of water and try to keep your temperature down as much as you can.​

Trying to find something to do with the oreos and marshmallows I have in my house rn. Other than that life is pretty cool rn

Is it a free-for-all or team based competition? Also, I love multiverse stories because they rreally let you tap into your creative side regarding interactions! Also, Allow me to pitch an idea for this fma au fanfiction! Instead of Edward losing an arm and a leg, he loses both arms and legs so he's just this human chicken nugget performing alchemy. No need to thank me for the mental image I gave you. Just doing God's work :^).
team-based! and, uh. . thanks for the au suggestion?
ughh I also have covid, viscerally feel your pain so much. As someone who doesn't get sick, I haven't ached so much in all my life ;;;; i'm an astrophysicist so my current fixation is sorting out some pulsar data, I pushed a few potential candidates forward a while ago, so i'm wondering how their doing 🗿 Chandra took this stupidly beautiful picture of Vela a while back and its really humbling to think that the spectra I stare at on a graph is something so beautiful (and unrelenting)
crab.jpg

hope you can rest soon ;;; drink lots of water and try to keep your temperature down as much as you can.​
everyone i know is getting covid too, it sucks. even worse, i had to cancel a trip because of this stupid sickness, ugh. it sounds like it's back on the rise. i hope that you're able to recover from it soon. i'm about a week in and i'm starting to get better in some ways, but worse in others, c'est la vie. also! that photo is! so pretty! space is really neat! scary, but neat too!
Trying to find something to do with the oreos and marshmallows I have in my house rn. Other than that life is pretty cool rn
i have no suggestions on this one, sorry.

team-based! and, uh. . thanks for the au suggestion?

everyone i know is getting covid too, it sucks. even worse, i had to cancel a trip because of this stupid sickness, ugh. it sounds like it's back on the rise. i hope that you're able to recover from it soon. i'm about a week in and i'm starting to get better in some ways, but worse in others, c'est la vie. also! that photo is! so pretty! space is really neat! scary, but neat too!
i have no suggestions on this one, sorry.
Oh crud, I was trying to be funny, but FMA is Full Metal Alchemist, right?

Glad you're doing well! My suggestion is to lightly butter a bowl (so the marshmallows aren't a pain to get off the bowl), microwave the marshmallows until they're melted, then crush some of the oreos and mix them into the gooey marshmallows and enjoy!

Oh phew, thought I was getting out of touch haha. What else have you been up to recently? Have you been following the Olympics or catching up on any shows/movies?
not much of an olympic watcher, no. what about you? i've mostly just been hiding in my room and watching youtube, currently watching rtgames play south park: stick of truth.

not much of an olympic watcher, no. what about you? i've mostly just been hiding in my room and watching youtube, currently watching rtgames play south park: stick of truth.
Just been sitting on my hands waiting for the Triathalon and Wrestling. And good choice of playthrough, I love all the South Park games. I just watch the cutscenes like a movie. Are you a fan of the show as well?

Just been sitting on my hands waiting for the Triathalon and Wrestling. And good choice of playthrough, I love all the South Park games. I just watch the cutscenes like a movie. Are you a fan of the show as well?
used to be! haven't watched it in years though. don't really do adult cartoons anymore outside of bojack horseman.

I’m happy to talk to you about FMA though! I knew your username just from looking xD; the Elric brothers are amazing
Ooh, what's your preference when it comes to consistence for your brownies? Do you like them gooey or crispy?

My preference is crispy. Oh! I made chocolate chip.. I must’ve messed up somewhere I think

Anything changed? They weren't as funny as before? And is there anything in particular you like about Bojack?
i think my sense of humor changed. south park still has some funny content, but i've matured in a way that i don't enjoy it as much anymore. bojack, on the other hand, manages to be a comedy while striking all the right chords. it's emotional, it's messed up, it makes you think. it's depressive and hopeful, all rolled into one bundle. it also has one of my favorite representations of asexuality as well as two very strong female characters that i love to see.
I’m happy to talk to you about FMA though! I knew your username just from looking xD; the Elric brothers are amazing
HAHAHHA yeah i'm very normal about my special interest. big fma fan here! started writing this au, but been feeling kinda isolated from other fans.

i think my sense of humor changed. south park still has some funny content, but i've matured in a way that i don't enjoy it as much anymore. bojack, on the other hand, manages to be a comedy while striking all the right chords. it's emotional, it's messed up, it makes you think. it's depressive and hopeful, all rolled into one bundle. it also has one of my favorite representations of asexuality as well as two very strong female characters that i love to see.
HAHAHHA yeah i'm very normal about my special interest. big fma fan here! started writing this au, but been feeling kinda isolated from other fans.
Ahh nicely written 👍 it’s weird it’s a good anime who are you favorite ships? Mine is Ed x Winry personally

Ahh nicely written 👍 it’s weird it’s a good anime who are you favorite ships? Mine is Ed x Winry personally
i don't really ship, tbh. royai is probably the only one i really acknowledge if i'm honest, i'm more into found family & friendships!

Heya elric :]
Sorry you've gotten Covid x_x I hope recovery is swifter than most, and that there are no complications. Until then, it's... boring and miserable, I'm aware XD

But I'm Dai! I've been on RpN for a bit over 8 years now, slowly approaching 9. I found my passion for creating stories here, and that's affected what I want to do with my life. Originally I was going to pursue something in psychology, but I had difficulty envisioning what exactly I wanted to do with that until I realized that I got the most enjoyment out of utilizing my psych knowledge through my characters.

So currently I'm pursuing a future of creating my own animated TV series. It's in the distant future, but I've been learning all I can about the process. While I eventually intend to be a writer-showrunner, right now I'm learning how to animate for myself as I'd like to know as much as I can about every step of the process. I've been practicing animation at home for a little over a year now (I started at the very beginning of 2023) and I'm currently in the process of creating my first short film to really test how far my abilities can stretch. I plan to work on this for about the next 1.5-2 years, but seeing as this is my first time, I really have no clue how long it'll take.

The animated TV series I would like to make, "AVA", is one I'm adapting from a RP of mine with full permission from my RP partner. Right now I'm in the conceptual stage, shifting parts around and tweaking character histories. I've got a nice little chunk of content on it so far. An elevator pitch, a map of the main location, a miscellaneous ideas document, the beginning of my own private encyclopedia detailing the world & its characters, some quick blurbs to practice the character voices, and a concept art sketchbook I intend to fill out over the course of many years. I'm even currently replicating the main location in Minecraft - that bit's just for my own delight.

I haven't done anything on a professional level just yet, but I have made a light practice pitch to a friend of mine in the industry and was greatly encouraged by them, so... I'm just over the moon about it all.

That's been my passion for the past while! :]

Heya elric :]
Sorry you've gotten Covid x_x I hope recovery is swifter than most, and that there are no complications. Until then, it's... boring and miserable, I'm aware XD

But I'm Dai! I've been on RpN for a bit over 8 years now, slowly approaching 9. I found my passion for creating stories here, and that's affected what I want to do with my life. Originally I was going to pursue something in psychology, but I had difficulty envisioning what exactly I wanted to do with that until I realized that I got the most enjoyment out of utilizing my psych knowledge through my characters.

So currently I'm pursuing a future of creating my own animated TV series. It's in the distant future, but I've been learning all I can about the process. While I eventually intend to be a writer-showrunner, right now I'm learning how to animate for myself as I'd like to know as much as I can about every step of the process. I've been practicing animation at home for a little over a year now (I started at the very beginning of 2023) and I'm currently in the process of creating my first short film to really test how far my abilities can stretch. I plan to work on this for about the next 1.5-2 years, but seeing as this is my first time, I really have no clue how long it'll take.

The animated TV series I would like to make, "AVA", is one I'm adapting from a RP of mine with full permission from my RP partner. Right now I'm in the conceptual stage, shifting parts around and tweaking character histories. I've got a nice little chunk of content on it so far. An elevator pitch, a map of the main location, a miscellaneous ideas document, the beginning of my own private encyclopedia detailing the world & its characters, some quick blurbs to practice the character voices, and a concept art sketchbook I intend to fill out over the course of many years. I'm even currently replicating the main location in Minecraft - that bit's just for my own delight.

I haven't done anything on a professional level just yet, but I have made a light practice pitch to a friend of mine in the industry and was greatly encouraged by them, so... I'm just over the moon about it all.

That's been my passion for the past while! :]
well, what's your elevator pitch?

well, what's your elevator pitch?
I pop that in here for ya!

Nate, Lucia, and Stan are three mismatched strangers from modern-day Earth who find themselves stuck with each other aboard a cramped alien ship, lacking any memory of their past. They discover that this strange craft (nicknamed "Ava") not only explores space, but leaps far beyond the edges of Earth's universe. The lone alien woman piloting this vessel, Reavis, alleges to have saved them from a swarm of mysterious entities that have kept her on the run throughout the multiverse for over five years. As the trio are forced to grapple with their inability to return home, they must survive as unwilling passengers by hopping from universe to universe with their battle-worn captain who won’t tell them the whole story. They must cope with the trickling memories of their troubled pasts from Earth and find ways to get along as they scour through the multiverse’s many hostile species, stunning landscapes, and diverse laws of physics. Survival may be the priority, but is there still a glimmer of hope for returning home?

I pop that in here for ya!
interesting. did you plan for this to be aimed towards younger audiences or older audiences? assume it's animated since, y'know, you mentioned wanting your own animated series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back