Convention of Deathlord's Sidereal game?!

Tikor said:
That's sort of long-winded' date=' sorry O_o[/quote']
No need to apologize. That's a very informed and clear answer. Thanks

Regarding the PC update, is the Quill of Heaven a Chosen of Journeys? Because that's auspicious if we lucked into 1 of each Caste!
Hehe, good eye. Not quite a Chosen of Journeys, but a decent substitute =]

PC Update

Alpha Group

Player 1) Xerinia Sol, Chosen of Serenity

Player 2) Veil, Chosen of Secrets

Player 3) Rey Pey Yung, Quill of Heaven

Player 4) Willful Expression of Conflict, Chosen of Battles

Player 5) Frozen Flame, Chosen of Endings

Bravo Group

Player 1) Violet Arrow, Chosen of Endings

Player 2) Bradon Malthos, Chosen of Endings

cyl said:
Wow... we could probably make a full ending team :lol:
Scary thought :|
I'm thinking Heaven sent two teams to Shanarinara: both of them have the same end goal, but the means of their Assignment's completion is a bit differant O_o

The other teams goals are to: Poke around, talk nice to the bad guys and see if they will disarm their weapons of mass shadowland creation, and then write a report about it.

Chosen of Ending's team goal is to SANCTION, DESTROY, and KILL the cause(s) of the problem. Then see if it can be reversed.

Let see, so far I am on the second team. EXCELLENT!

[This has been a joke. if you did not take this as a joke please make sure that you check your humor/sarcasm pressure gauge and make sure it is open. Should you fail in this task the consequences could be explosive.]

Monday June 22, I will start up the individual prologues for players with a finished character/story. I have Mondays off, so if you're game I will try to run you each through a few scenarios leading up to the mission assignment and then we'll hang tight until the squads are all ready to move out.

Sounds cool, take it Ebon Huntress is in beta? I'm still struggling through charms but i'll have the mechanics part of the character to you ASAP.

risaphoeniix said:
Sounds cool, take it Ebon Huntress is in beta? I'm still struggling through charms but i'll have the mechanics part of the character to you ASAP.
Take your time, make a char you'd want to play, and I'll get you into your prologue =]

Bah, sorry. It's been a busy week or two, and I remembered how much I loathe statting Sidereals.

I think that's half the reason I never get to enjoy playing them.

Anyway, I can give you the fluff for the character at any time. Stats will take slightly longer.

Assuming I can still play, of course.

Grey said:
Bah, sorry. It's been a busy week or two, and I remembered how much I loathe statting Sidereals.
I think that's half the reason I never get to enjoy playing them.

Anyway, I can give you the fluff for the character at any time. Stats will take slightly longer.

Assuming I can still play, of course.
Of course. Either post it here or PM me, and we'll get down to the nitty-gritty when the time comes =]

Is there a simple way of explaining the purposes of the Colleges?
The short version: they enable Sidereal Astrology.

The long version: See Sidereals. They're actually clumps of patternspiders who oversee certain aspects of the Tapestry. By gaining influence with them you can petition them to nudge things to happen (via ascending or descending destinies) or create an alter-ego under their purview (Resplendent destinies) that also allows you to access non-Charm magical effect by spending Endurance. It's a highly specialized version of the Prayer roll detailed in Core. Beings can only have so many (little d) destinies as they have dots of Essence.

Could someone explain resplendent destinies for me? I've got my character's stats done except those and it's holding me up.

my Chara doesn't have one made yet.

But these allow your Sidereal to wander about Creation (Sure you knew that) As I understand it, this requires a petition to the Pattern Spiders (A prayer Roll) {Char + Perform}- Diff 6 (there are ways to enhance this roll... Like Serenity Sidereals gives you bonus' to performance rolls) Every 4 Successes adds a die to the Effect Roll.

The Effect Roll happens after the Prayer Roll, and you Roll your Essence + Collage you are building the Destiny + Die from the every 4 Successes. Every Success from this one gives you an Effect Point

You -must- spend 2 points for Scope (See Sidereal book pg 193), Then you assign points to Endurance and Duration.

Again Sidereal Book pg 193+ is a good place to understand what kind of Destinies your are looking to build. While pg 189+ explains what is needed.

If I am off somewhere I'm sure someone might mention it, but I got this from what I understand from the book ^^

Myllinnia said:
If I am off somewhere I'm sure someone might mention it, but I got this from what I understand from the book ^^
You're understanding is quite correct, I have just a touch of clarity to add.

Myllinnia said:
(A prayer Roll) {Char + Perform}- Diff 6 ... Every 4 Successes adds a die to the Effect Roll.
Since these are Successes after the difficulty has been accounted for we call them Threshold Successes, and we round up. 7 and 11 are a lucky numbers!

Ah, I see now why I took Performance as a Favored Ability with my character. My characters previous incarnation made supplication to the Loom to make sure that his next incarnation chose wisely!

I'm interested in joining team bravo, if there's still room. I pm'd you a small back story and a very basic character concept.

Isley said:
I'm interested in joining team bravo, if there's still room. I pm'd you a small back story and a very basic character concept.
I replied =]

Divideby0 said:
Could someone explain resplendent destinies for me? I've got my character's stats done except those and it's holding me up.
They're pretty cool, but you really don't need them. If you want to craft one in game, we'll just take care of it then =]

Positions still open for group Bravo? Anyone been added to it since? I'd meant to get a concept finished already but got busy with work, I was working on a Chosen of Secrets (min/maxed, of course, per my style :P balanced roleplaying is totally not my thing) that could fit in well with the Endings already present in the circle. I tried reworking her as a Battles or Endings Vizier, but it didn't really fit her correctly...

gatherer818 said:
Positions still open for group Bravo? Anyone been added to it since? I'd meant to get a concept finished already but got busy with work, I was working on a Chosen of Secrets (min/maxed, of course, per my style :P balanced roleplaying is totally not my thing) that could fit in well with the Endings already present in the circle. I tried reworking her as a Battles or Endings Vizier, but it didn't really fit her correctly...
There's room on Bravo. I'm just waiting for the rest of that team to get their completed BG stories before I start up prologues for them. On a side note, everybody, this comp has FAIL connection at least once a day for an hour or two, so please bear with me and my false promises =p

awesome. Will try to have a background for you tomorrow, have a PnP game to run today. Usually a bit more background reveals itself to me while I'm getting a concept, but this time all I know is Artifacts, Sorcery, and Martial Arts. This poor character can't decide which kinds of esoteric knowledge she wants to learn, so she's dipping her fingers in every pie she can find.

Nope. I had a bunch of people that asked if they could make a char but I guess they never got around to it, so feel free to shoot me a concept =]

Khadavla said:
Am I too late to apply with either a female chosen of battles or a male chosen of serenity?
You do know that the opposite is much more optimized right ? :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back