Other collection of thoughts and writing

Three black-clothed men entered the out layer, guns held steady to shoot. Maraqua turned her upper body to look, causing the bags of oxygen tanks to clatter. A bullet whipped past her head. Almost stumbling over herself she ran. It was only a few feet between her and the subway. Just a breath away from freedom, from Terelye. She jumped, pushing off with enough force to send her slamming into the wall which housed the closing mechanism.

Before she could operate it, a feeling like someone had punched her in her shoulder, then burning. Despite the lack of pain, she knew what had happened. Somewhere inside her shoulder was a bullet. Blood warmed her chest and arm. Now her hands shook violently, but there was also a sense of calm. She grabbed the switch, pulling it down with full force before slamming her other hand down on the button. Behind her, the door closed. Two sheets of thick metal meet each other in the middle.

It was pitch black. The chaos of before had evaporated into the inky darkness. Now it was just Terelye and Maraqua and the big, empty space. Somehow, they could still sense the walls around them. The ones they would never escape, even now.

"Terelye?" Maraqua called out.

There was silence for a moment.

"Maraqua," echoed.

On hands and knees, Maraqua shuffled around. Maraqua, Terelye, Maraqua, Terelye, they sought each other out with a game of marco polo. Each time, each step forward, they could feel each other come a little closer. Until finally Maraqua placed her seeking hand gently on Terelye's thigh. With caution, she lay beside her counterpart.

I have a really hard time writing :'( like coming up with ideas is so fun and i love mapping out the whole thing and backstories and history of the world and world building in general and then i actually have to write and it's like... im a toddler trying to put puzzle pieces together? like i know its a puzzle and im trying im definitely slamming words together but like it isn't woring still?

my style just doesn't feel right i guess, or childish? I dunno so annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back