• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help βœ± 𝐜𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 π°πžπ›π¬π’π­πž

knotofjupiter

𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒇 π’•π’‰π’Šπ’” π’Šπ’” π’•π’†π’Žπ’‘π’π’“π’‚π’“π’š
Roleplay Type(s)
hello! I was wondering if any coders knew of any websites that can be used to test div coding. I don't know if it's my wording, but I haven't been able to find what I'm looking for.

thank you in advance, and have a wonderful day. β™‘

Last edited:
If it’s to test something for RPN, I highly suggest making use of the private workshop instead. Otherwise you can search up β€œhtml editor” and take your pick.

I've also been encountering this where I can't find any html editors that behave the same way this site does. I can't use the site while at work due to limitations but I have the free time to try and do some coding. I've noticed that most bbcode editors can't read div tags properly, but html editors want CSS with it. I'll let you know if I find anything that would work.

can anyone explain what exactly this site uses to help narrow the search down? thanks!

I've also been encountering this where I can't find any html editors that behave the same way this site does. I can't use the site while at work due to limitations but I have the free time to try and do some coding. I've noticed that most bbcode editors can't read div tags properly, but html editors want CSS with it. I'll let you know if I find anything that would work.

can anyone explain what exactly this site uses to help narrow the search down? thanks!
thank you, please do if you find anything! and yes, I feel like that's my biggest issue; I don't really know which coding language (?) to use.

Last edited:
I think this iteration of extended BBCode is forum-specific. I doubt you could find an offline editor for it. You'd have to run the forum software (xenforo) offline on your PC and implement the same custom BBCode that is used on here. I'm happy to be proven wrong...

A possible workaround: You could in theory still use an HTML editor and instead of using a style sheet, simply style the divs with <div style=""> and later replace all
Code:
<div style=
with
Code:
[div=
and all > with ] via the replace function. Generally bad practice to style HTML like this by the way, but a valid alternative if you just want to use it for RPN.

Of course you'd have to keep in mind this site's limitations when designing your code. No div IDs, classes, other selectors (wouldn't work without a stylesheet anyway) and whatever else that isn't working on here. Most html tags wouldn't. For instance, tags like <a> and <li> need to be replaced on here with the BBcode equivalent. Or stuff like comments.

If you at all can, I recommend just using the workshop on here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back