City of Gem

Seriously, I have no idea what you mean. If you don't like the stats of the current artifact weapons, change them, but weapons made of the magical materials are all artifact weapons.

If you want alternatives to daiklaives, there's goremauls and grimcleavers, all those fancy MA weapons, and plenty of stuff in other sourcebooks.

But whatever you're planning, no, that would be an awful way to calculate the artifact cost. No artifact weapon should ever go above 3 dots without some kind of special power, and the same goes for artifact armor (the core armor is wrong in many ways).

The thins is, I want an Orchidalum dagger, but there are no artifact daggers or equivalents in the core book. If you want a MM blade, the smallest is a reaper daiklave.

I'm saying I want to take an otherwise non-artifact weapon, but have it made out of the magical materials. Would such a weapon have to be of "superior quality" in addition to the bonuses of magical construction? And then I want to know how to calculate (roughly) how many backgrounds doing such would cost?

The thins is' date=' I want an Orchidalum [b']dagger[/b], but there are no artifact daggers or equivalents in the core book. If you want a MM blade, the smallest is a reaper daiklave.
I'm saying I want to take an otherwise non-artifact weapon, but have it made out of the magical materials. Would such a weapon have to be of "superior quality" in addition to the bonuses of magical construction? And then I want to know how to calculate (roughly) how many backgrounds doing such would cost?
"Switchklaves" are the closest you'll get, they're in Wonders of the Lost Age I think. Otherwise, take a short daiklave and say it's a dagger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back