• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Circle of Amber's Quest for the Sun

SabrynaWynter

I think I have an idea for a fantasy role-play. I am not one for start ups, but I'd like to put it out there in the case that anyone is interested in the same things that I am.

The world that we live in is one that has yet to see the sun in many years. It has fallen, permanently, behind the ego of the dark grey clouds. The weather has been nothing but frozen since the sun disappeared. No one could figure out why the sun was cast from the eye of everyone in the land, but there was a select few that were willing to find out. They swore to one another that they would go to the ends of the earth to find the source of the ghastly magick that was sucking the life from this planet.

When the sun was cast behind the gloomy clouds, everything on the planet died. Well.. Almost everything. The living creatures all knew that they were going to die out if they didn't do something soon; that fact was proven when close to 80% of the whole population of the world, Thaddus, had died from hypothermia. They were literally frozen to death, almost where they stood. The cold would permeate all the clothes that they were wearing and would ebb down to their bones. Once the cold was deep in their bodies, it started to slow their vital organs and bodily systems down until they eventually just... Stopped.

But the few that survived did so because they gathered the supplies that they needed. They would gather a month's worth of supplies and then retreat to their underground bunkers that they had created. It took months to fall into a rhythm that was capable of sustaining life. They would gather the wood that they needed. They had gathered the necessities to be able to create an underground grove that was capable of sustaining plant life. They managed it by digging under the completely frozen lakes that were scattered throughout the land. The ice of the lake would provide a window for the slim amount of sunlight that the planet would receive through the clouds. The ice would melt just enough to rain down on the plants enough to quench their thirst.

It worked for those that wanted to fall into a complacent rhythm, but the circle knew better. They knew that this would only last until the plants were not receiving enough sunlight to sustain. The fix to the lack of sunlight were UV lights but circle knew that the power was running out. They knew that it was only a matter of time before the plants were all going to die. Then, when the plants died, every living thing was going to die of hypothermia. The plants were the only thing that the people could rely on for heat. Without the heat, they were all going to die. They were going to freeze to death.

The Circle of Amber were going to save the planet from mutual destruction. There was only one way to find out what happened and that was to go to the top-side and find the source of the cold. They needed to find the spot that was the coldest. That was where they were going but they needed to prepare.

*~*~*~*~*~*

I'm not very good at creating stories. I'm just interested in the voyage. The story. The magick.

PM or respond if you're interested.

And there's magic involved right? I just want to be sure I understand what you're describing

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back