Choose your poison! [Interest Check]

Which will it be?

• Exalted

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • World of Darkness

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
They're also the fastest. I'd say get something smaller with an essence impeller, but that's purely because I think essence impellers are cool.

No love for ordinary sailing ships? Even the kind that can be folded up and carried? :cry:

Should the ST make the game and should the twilight I am thinking on get accepted, there would definitely be someone who could handle ship repairs.

The ST's original premise was for the game to take place on an island in the West mind you, not on the high seas :) .

Arynne said:
No love for ordinary sailing ships? Even the kind that can be folded up and carried? :cry:
Now that would be really interesting. :D

I'm fine with either kind of ship, even though I should say that I had an ordinary sailing ship in mind when I was writing Kenji's background. No fancy artifact wondrous sea vessels. :wink:

MrSerious said:
The ST's original premise was for the game to take place on an island in the West mind you, not on the high seas :) .
Indeed, though when we hear about the West and the ocean etc, we can have a hope that we might get to sail on a ship a little bit and enjoy the freedom (and unique dangers and challenges of the open sea). :D

*raises hand* Engineer, reporting for duty! Also forges custom weapons and armor on request and can handle sails. In the middle of a howling gale. (Graceful Crane Stance FTW)

I'm all for starting with an ordinary ship, and having the resident magitech nerd(s) build, repair, and/or reverse-engineer an awesome First Age vessel later in the story. Because epic artifacts are even MORE epic when you make them yourself! Or we could add an Essence engine or something below the waterline of the ordinary ship.

"Who, us? Ordinary sailors. Completely ordinary. The daiklave? I, uh, went through a thaumaturgical ritual to enlighten my Essence."

*out of sight of shore*

"Let 'er rip!"

*VROOOOOOMMMM*

EDIT: Looks like we have a couple Twilight candidates already. I can convert Diamond Mind to a Night Caste if necessary, in which case I would ditch the crafting skills I had in mind, concentrate more on the physical aspects of her treasure-hunting background, and add in stealth and larceny skills. Night Caste would still fit pretty well with the basic concept I have in mind.

I agree custom making your own epic artifacts IS epic. But thats the problem - its mind numbingly epic to make an Artifact 5 ship, just acquiring all the exotics alone would take mucho roleplaying. Additionally once we gathered all the components, it means that all the crafters disappear for a few years while construction takes place. Repair is much easier and still allows the ST to use it as a plot device when required.

In case it makes a difference, I'm totally ok with two Twilights in this party. Given what Tourmaline's thinking is very different than what I am, I don't see any niche encroachment. It would also solve Mr Serious's point of Artifact Creaion may be _too_ epic.

Yeah, but Feantari also has a Twilight-crafter character in the running. It would be cool to have three Twilights, but if the group and/or ST wants more balance and my character gets in, I'm perfectly fine with going Night Caste.

Actually, just so you know, I'm up for changing to a Twilight too just for the lulz of an All-Twilight party :D

It's one Caste, one vote. I'm not really a fan of multiples.

We've got Effing Skrakes, Thorn Darkblade, Ebon_Arbiter, Foxtailed_Teki, and yon whalin' Arynne.

Many, many thanks to all who applied. If you didn't make it, I run games with fair regularity, perhaps next time. Again, thanks and to those I picked, forum has been requested and if wish, re-read the game's pitch and plot template, get some ideas going while I await the forum to start putting up setting and house rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back