Chapter 1: The Maiden Sends Her Regaurds [Indiana Jones and the Book of Three Circles]

Khadavla

Bibliophile
Three days later, Steel Avalanche's men had crafted 12 large canoes from cured wood purchased from the lumber yards and were ready to load everyone up and start down the river.

The procession led by the Northerners drew eyes from every angle. Dressed in a wolf pelt half-shirt and short set, with her white doeskin cloak, Aria walked with a step that could only be meant to draw attention. It was her gift to the village, a farewell if you will. Beauty walked the streets and it's name was woman. Her ivory skin and golden locks offset her ruby lips and emerald eyes. White brown, and silver feathers adorned her hair in various trinkets and bobs. Knee high boots with the upper portions made of arctic fox fur, and the step and sole of elk-hide.

The large package she had bore solely a few nights previously was now carried by two men of local origin who had recently joined her retinue after having their sentences purchased. There were five locals in all, four men and one woman, each assigned a northern woman as guide and guard. Six fine mares of reddish-brown coloring accompanied the women, a bright golden blaze stood out pronouncingly upon the brow of the lead mare. A white snow leopard riding pillion frost gathered around the edges of the pillow that the leopard rides, and wisps of frosted air can be seen drifting off. There are three pack horses, each strong and at 15 hands tall, laden with necessities for the trip. Their hooves spanning the width of a wide spread hand.

Aria arrives and commandeers four of the large canoes, readying her entourage for travel.

Shaking her head slightly at the extravanagt ways of these other Exalts, Kiss, blends in, looking like a mortal among the entourage. She prefered to work from the shadows, unseen, and not advertise her power.

Yet despite her unseeming appearance, her eyes and mind were working constantly. She made sure to take note of everything that is happening, and commit it to memory, in case it's needed.

All this time she gives thanks for her ability to hide her moonsilver tattoos.

Steel Avalanche commends his men on the good work. "Alright everyone whose coming, lets get ourselves loaded up. Does anyone have anything we don't want to get wet?" Steel Avalanche boomed.

Before she knew what was happening, Iris found herself caught up in the crowd, but for once she found herself untroubled by this. She was still in a daze from the meeting - or, more specifically, the presence of that woman.

Aria, her name was. Iris had caught that, even as her memory of all else that had been said blurred in her mind. She couldn't understand why she felt this way. Attraction was hardly a new experience for her, but this... this was something else. Everything about this woman enthralled her. Her golden hair, her elegant manner, her melodious voice...

It was a few seconds before Iris realized that she had ended up right next to Aria. She quickly jerked her gaze away, casting her eyes towards the ground and trying to clear her mind. The emotions welling within her almost frightened her, but at the same time, she felt she had to get closer to this woman, to try to get to know her. To understand, if nothing else.

Aria had been directing the settling of her chosen supplies and the new "recruits" when Iris approached, her sudden appearance had surprised the Eclipse as she had allowed herself to become distracted. "Hello," a century of meaning held itself in that one word, it was challenge and invitation, acknowledgement, and request for a moment, as well as honest curiosity. This was the lovely lady that had caught Aria's eye back at the meeting.

After finishing directing her men, Aria turned to the woman. She hadn't taken her attention from the pose and carraige of the woman. This woman was something worth notice, there was an attachment that Aria felt to the woman, though what she knew not...yet.

"...Hello."

Iris responded with difficulty, though she did her best to hide it. Her mind was still buzzing, and she had no idea what to say. After forcing out this one word, she remained silent, hoping she wouldn't make herself look like a fool. Part of her wanted to run, to escape this situation, but she knew she couldn't bring herself to do it.

Shimmering Kiss watched the interaction between Iris and Aria with a mixture of amusement and trepidation. She knew about the Solar-Lunar Bond, and has been warned against it, but apparently Iris wasn't told, or was for some reason too shy to bring it up. Oh well, it wasn't her problem, unless Aria didn't treat Iris right.

Steel Avalanche looked at the two awkwardly talk to each other. I can't say I was ever that awkward. He muses to himself.

The fisherman from Steel Avalanche's company were equiping with both poles and ores. The river seemed to weave lazily between the banyon trees, and the boats were wide and flat bottomed.

Kiss keeps a very low profile, so as to maintain her cover. She wiles away her time by watching things without being noticed much, trying to learn as much as she can about her fellow Exalts.

That morning, Cho bathed Defies the Darkness and cleaned her kit, then checked her own presentation,, carefuly brushing her hair with her fingers. "Are you ready, Master," she asked the beauty who had rescued her from the Lover and who held the fires of her jealousy and power alike banked by will and red jade.

"Yes," Defies said briefly to Cho. not knowing what to do with Cho or why she was even helping the Solar out.

Granted Defies saved this God-blooded, but Defies has not a clue of what to do with her.

The redhead kissed the blond happily on the cheek. "We're finaly going into the Jungle, Master," she whispered, eyes glowing faintly blue in the dim light. "I'm so excited. It seemed to take us forever to get this far. I just know we'll find a Phoenix Cauldron, and the body of your last Exaltation too to be put to rest with a proper burial."

Fair green skinned with wavy sapphire hair that seemed to go on forever, slender as a reed in the wind but round in all the places a woman should be round, Delilah glided up to the boats in a golden bikini and gauzy blue harem pants and vest.

She wrapped one arm around Steel Avalanche's back and rested her head lovingly on his side. "I am glad to be with you in this endeavor, my lord."

Steel took the beautiful, blue skinned woman in his arm. He smiled. There was a definite sense of danger permeating the area. Because anyone who would interrupt this moment would face Steel's boundless capacity for destruction.

Fortunately, the moment passed, as his mind returned to reality and the prospect of adventure. His wife had joked numerous times that he must have taken the goddess of adventure as a mistress. Steel denied this. For one thing, he heard the deity of adventure was male.

"We will be setting off soon. Have you everything you need?" Steel Avalanche asked, then his face twisted to a sly smile "or should we slip away to find some... exotic substances?"

Delilah smield up at her husband and her hair teasingly tickled his ankle. "Oh, but you haven't introduced me to your new friends yet, my lord husband."

Idej said:
"Yes," Defies said briefly to Cho. not knowing what to do with Cho or why she was even helping the Solar out.
Granted Defies saved this God-blooded, but Defies has not a clue of what to do with her.
Khadavla said:
The redhead kissed the blond happily on the cheek. "We're finaly going into the Jungle, Master," she whispered, eyes glowing faintly blue in the dim light. "I'm so excited. It seemed to take us forever to get this far. I just know we'll find a Phoenix Cauldron, and the body of your last Exaltation too to be put to rest with a proper burial."
"Perhaps," she spoke to Cho, "But for now let us go one step at a time."

Defies starts to prep up all the gear she is going to need have readily available

Kiss, watches the exchange between Defies and Cho, and while she knows she should resist this, she feel envious somewhat of Cho. She then turns around, melting back into the mass of mortals aboard the raft. Maybe I should find something more interesting to watch. Learn a thing or two about these other Exalts...

Aria wanted to turn back to keep guiding the men, but again, she felt compelled t keep speaking to the silver haired beauty with the lumanesent lavender eyes. Grinning, she had to ask, "Little one, surely, I know you. Your essence..." Aria appeared to be searching for a the right word, but it truth she had been struck dumb by the thought that just beat her over the head.

Her essence! Surely, she can not be. No! She... We... Bonded?

Aria's firm jaw snapped shut and her slender eyebrows rose. Sniffing a bit, as though trying to smell out the truth of her thoughts, she quinted and looked at the girl again. "Oh my dear lunar." She put her arms to her belly and laughed. It was a deep, rich sound, though it truth Aria didn't know if she should have been crying instead.

"W-what?"

Iris took a step backward, almost instinctively. She was completely taken aback by the sudden reaction, and didn't know how to react. She felt like a complete fool, as though was something so obvious that she was missing. She hadn't met this woman before, surely? She was certain she would remember someone so... compelling. But still, something did feel... different.

It was a few moments before she realized she was staring at Aria. She looked away, feeling an uncharacteristic blush creeping across her pale features.

"I, ah... I don't..."

Even before she had completed her Trials, her bravery and strength of will had garnered her a slight reputation in the Silver Pact. Why was she faltering so? She had never felt comfortable in dealing with others, but this...

Aria sighed though it was one of quiet resignation and held out her hand to the girl. "Come, take my hand and tell me what you see." She offered her outstretched hand. If, as she suspected the girl was her lunar bonded, her the lunar whom she had reincarnated from would let her know soon at their touch.

Aria's usually brusk features softened and she wiggled her fingers, "Come." She smiled.

Bewildered, Iris hesitated for a moment, and then reached out her hand.

The realization hit her like the fist of Sol Invictus before she even touched Aria's fingers. The mere act brought memories of millennia past flooding into her mind - of a scene so much like this one, only of greeting and happiness. How could she have been so blind? It all seemed so obvious now. She had never felt this way about anyone else... because there was only one to whom she had such a connection, of course. Somehow, Iris had never expected to meet her. She had been alone, for so long, but now...

Iris simply stared at Aria, clutching her hand, shock and amazement in her eyes. She didn't know what to say, now more than ever before, and the thought of saying something wrong, of losing this one glorious chance, frightened her to the core.

The silver beauty, the one called, Iris, touched Aria's hand and she immediately knew. A flood of knowing poured over her like a liquid warmth. Faced so dear ones flashed through her, the most resent, Mara, clear back to the first luner.

She pulled the girl into her arms for a soft embrace. "Soul of my soul, my kindred, I have longed to meet you." Her voice was soft and held none of the command or firmness she reserved for those who accompanied her.

She clasped the girl's hand, but only lightly so as not to frighten her, "You know of the solar/lunar bond?" She asked, looking into bright lavender eyes. Her own blue one's clear and extra bright with the joy she felt.

Iris gasped softly in surprise as Aria pulled her into her arms, so focused was she on the woman's eyes that she didn't notice her move. She closed her eyes and relaxed into the embrace, drinking in the glorious feeling. She finally understood, and, finally, she wasn't alone. The whirlwind of emotions in her mind was only intensifying, but the one feeling that stood out from the rest was pure, undiluted happiness.

She didn't respond to Aria's question at first. She barely even registered anything more than the sound of her voice, but after a moment, she managed to pull her head away from Aria's shoulder and focus enough to answer.

"...I do. But I took so long to realize..."

Aria stroked the silken length of Iris's raven hair. "Good pet, I am glad you know. Though, I must admit, knowing of it and, being subject to these intense feelings are another." Aria kept her voice low and intimate. "I feel as though I have known you all of my life, though I know nothing really of you. I would like to learn more." She murmured. "Much more."

"There is a place here for you beside me, if you desire it."

Aria leaned then and kissed the girl softly on each cheek. "Welcome my lunar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back