• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom /Casual] The World of Pokemon: A Pokemon Trainer Roleplay (OPEN)

Retro Nova

I'm okay with being average <3
Name: Pretty self-explanatory

Hometown: Anywhere in the Pokemon world. Keep it game canon and part of the main series. No Ransei, Almia, Fiore, or Orre.

Personality: How they act around people and pokemon.

Battle Style: How your character battles. Include strengths and weaknesses.

History: Your character's past.

Starter Pokemon: List will be provided. Include gender and moveset, and ability, along with a nickname if you'd like

Code:
[b]Name[/b]: Pretty self-explanatory

[b]Age[/b]: 10 or 11

[b]Gender[/b]: Let's keep things simple with male and female.

[b]Hometown[/b]: Anywhere in the Pokemon world. Keep it game canon and part of the main series. No Ransei, Almia, Fiore, or Orre.

[b]Personality[/b]: How they act around people and pokemon.

[b]Battle Style:[/b] How your character battles. Include strengths and weaknesses.

[b]History[/b]: Your character's past. 

[b]Starter Pokemon:[/b] List will be provided. Include gender and moveset, and ability, along with a nickname if you'd like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Ame Takahashi

Hometown: New Bark Town, but had recently moved with her mother to Sandgem Town in Sinnoh

Personality: Happy-go-lucky and full of energy. Cares a lot for people and Pokemon alike, and thinks of her team as her family. Is pretty naive and thinks that everyone can be nice, even if they're evil. She also has ADD, so she can get distracted pretty easily.

Battle Style: She battles using physical moves only. She doesn't use moves that don't deal damage, which can make her Pokemon slow or not have as good of defense as other Pokemon. Though, when her Pokemon's HP gets to the low yellow mark, she doesn't wait for it to get to the red mark before using a potion.

History: Comes from the small town of New Bark, where her mom and her live. Ever since she was little, she's always wanted to either be a breeder or a trainer. She's always loved Pokemon and had enjoyed taking care of her mother's Ralts.

Starter Pokemon: Male Totodile nicknamed America (sounds weird but I'm using one of my favorite Pokemon from my Soul Silver game for this RP) His move set is [scratch] [Growl] [bubble] with the ability Water Veil

Greekgeek1213 said:
Name: Ame Takahashi

Hometown: Good ole' Johto :3

Personality: Happy-go-lucky and full of energy. Cares a lot for people and Pokemon alike, and thinks of her team as her family. Is pretty naive and thinks that everyone can be nice, even if they're evil. She also has ADD, so she can get distracted pretty easily.

Battle Style: She battles using physical moves only. She doesn't use moves that don't deal damage, which can make her Pokemon slow or not have as good of defense as other Pokemon. Though, when her Pokemon's HP gets to the low yellow mark, she doesn't wait for it to get to the red mark before using a potion.

History: Comes from the small town of New Bark, where her mom and her live. Ever since she was little, she's always wanted to either be a breeder or a trainer. She's always loved Pokemon and had enjoyed taking care of her mother's Ralts.

Starter Pokemon: Male Totodile nicknamed America (sounds weird but I'm using one of my favorite Pokemon from my Soul Silver game for this RP) His move set is [scratch] [Growl] [bubble] with the ability Water Veil
Accepted!

Name: Nadine Goldberg

Hometown: Twinleaf

Personality: Nadine is a worry wart and an avid planner. She believe strongly in strategy and calculation over brute force. She is very open minded and open to new experiences. She loves making new friends and she loves to be around Pokemon. Her only true flaw is that she can get a little chatter and she won't stop anytime soon

Battle Style: Strategy and planning. She loves status moves and uses then whenever she can to get a one up on her opponent.

History: She's lived in twinleaf almost her whole life. Her father, originally from Hoenn came to Sinnoh to pursue his coordinator career and took Nadine with him. Her mother died giving birth to her and she prefers not to talk about it ever.

Starter Pokemon:

Piplup a.k.a King, Male, Torrent Ability.

Moves:

Pound and Growl.

@Greekgeek1213

My characters CS

Name: Chris Marsh

Hometown: Lilycove

Personality: Chris is considered to be a head strong young man, he never gives up on his goals and he'll never give up on his Pokémon. He tends to be kind everybody, especially Pokémon. Chris can be awkward at times, but his stubbornness and heroism usually makes him look like a brave guy, which isn't entirely wrong. One of his life long goals is to become a hero, so Chris does whatever he can to help both people and Pokémon.

Battle Style: Chris doesn't have that much of a strategy. He doesn't catch Pokémon based on how strong they are, or how fast they are. He catches them based on a relationship, Pokémon that he really connects to. Chris will put all of his faith into his pokemon durring battle, ignoring any type disadvantages.

History: Being born and raised in Hoeen Chris has developed a love for the ocean, from before he could even remember that boy was swimming and playing on the beach near Lilycove. He would spend hours skipping rocks and diving deep into the cold water. Chris had a good life in his younger years, but that all changed when his mother got gravely ill and died, after that his family's financial situation plummeted, and his dad sent Chris off to Sinnoh to live with his grandparents.

Starter Pokemon:

696_tyrunt_by_3d_poke_sprites-d8hla3c.gif

Rex

Male

Tail whip, Tackle

[QUOTE="Captain Spooks]
Name: Chris Marsh

Personality: Chris is considered to be a head strong young man, he never gives up on his goals and he'll never give up on his Pokémon. He tends to be kind everybody, especially Pokémon. Chris can be awkward at times, but his stubbornness and heroism usually makes him look like a brave guy, which isn't entirely wrong. One of his life long goals is to become a hero, so Chris does whatever he can to help both people and Pokémon.

Battle Style: Chris doesn't have that much of a strategy. He doesn't catch Pokémon based on how strong they are, or how fast they are. He catches them based on a relationship, Pokémon that he really connects to. Chris will put all of his faith into his pokemon durring battle, ignoring any type disadvantages.

History: Being born and raised in Hoeen Chris has developed a love for the ocean, from before he could even remember that boy was swimming and playing on the beach near Lilycove. He would spend hours skipping rocks and diving deep into the cold water. Chris had a good life in his younger years, but that all changed when his mother got gravely ill and died, after that his family's financial situation plummeted, and his dad sent Chris off to Sinnoh to live with his grandparents.

Starter Pokemon:

696_tyrunt_by_3d_poke_sprites-d8hla3c.gif

Rex

Male

Tail whip, Tackle

[/QUOTE]
Accepted, don't postyet.

Name: Cade Brooks

Personality: Cade is gentle and kind. Even in the most dire of situations, Cade always maintains his optimism and views every opportunity as an adventure.

History: Cade couldn't enjoy many things growing up; While kids played, Cade had to stay in bed, when they shared inside jokes, he consulted with a staff of doctors about his health, while they were having new experiences, Cade was eating gello while watching pokemon contests and videos of his father taking on challengers as the frontier brain of the battle factory. Cade was sometimes troubled by what he'd missed, but always understood this was for his own good , everyday ended with a small smile and a single tear shedding from his eyes. At the age of nine his health got better and he finally left Lilycove central hospital after so many years. When he turned ten his father got transferred to the battle frontier in sinnoh. With memories of the videos and contests he's seen over the years, Cade grew determined to become a Pokemon trainer and go on his own journey.

Battle Style: Cade uses his moves in a creative yet strategic way by combining damaging and statuses moves to overwhelm his opponent while also keeping in mind his Pokemon innate physical abilities.

Starter Pokemon:

treecko.gif
Treecko/ Sage

male

overgrow

Leer/pound

JaliscoFae said:

Personality: Cade is gentle and kind. Even in the most dire of situations, Cade always maintains his optimism and views every opportunity as an adventure.

History: Cade couldn't enjoy many things growing up; While kids played, Cade had to stay in bed, when they shared inside jokes, he consulted with a staff of doctors about his health, while they were having new experiences, Cade was eating gello while watching pokemon contests and videos of his father taking on challengers as the frontier brain of the battle factory. Cade was sometimes troubled by what he'd missed, but always understood this was for his own good , everyday ended with a small smile and a single tear shedding from his eyes. At the age of nine his health got better and he finally left Lilycove central hospital after so many years. When he turned ten his father got transferred to the battle frontier in sinnoh. With memories of the videos and contests he's seen over the years, Cade grew determined to become a Pokemon trainer and go on his own journey.

Battle Style: Cade uses his moves in a creative yet strategic way by combining damaging and statuses moves to overwhelm his opponent while also keeping in mind his Pokemon innate physical abilities.

Starter Pokemon:

treecko.gif
Treecko/ Sage

male

overgrow

Leer/quick attack

Nice. Accepted

Name: Zero Obliv

Hometown: Snowpoint City

Personality: Doesn't know how to react to people well as in Snowpoint City, I never really interacted with people other than my mother and father and my older sister Candice was always busy with the gym and training her pokemon. But I'm great with Pokemon and treat them like family but I am not without common sense.

History: Because I lived in Snowpoint City, My Mother and Father kept me and my older sister inside most of the time, but Candice never gave me the time of day and spent time with her pokemon, when we were a little older she got her gym and I saw her even less, but I got to spend time with her pokemon Abomasnow and Frolass, as to how I became very comfortable with pokemon. When I turned 10 My mom and dad took me to Sunnyshore city as my birthday present and we found an injured Pikachu, I took him to the Pokemon Center quickly and bonded with him, My parents let me have it as my starter and ever since then I wanted to be a pokemon trainer even stronger than my sister.

Battle Style: I like to use both Special and Physical attacks, I can think of pretty good strategies with some little time put into them, My fault is that I sometimes doubt myself and that leads to me losing the battle.

Starter Pokemon:

Pikachu/Bolter

Male

Lightning Rod

Tail Whip/ Thunder Shock

[QUOTE="The X blade]
Name: Zero Obliv

Hometown: Snowpoint City

Personality: Doesn't know how to react to people well as in Snowpoint City, I never really interacted with people other than my mother and father and my older sister Candice was always busy with the gym and training her pokemon. But I'm great with Pokemon and treat them like family but I am not without common sense.

History: Because I lived in Snowpoint City, My Mother and Father kept me and my older sister inside most of the time, but Candice never gave me the time of day and spent time with her pokemon, when we were a little older she got her gym and I saw her even less, but I got to spend time with her pokemon Abomasnow and Frolass, as to how I became very comfortable with pokemon. When I turned 10 My mom and dad took me to Sunnyshore city as my birthday present and we found an injured Pikachu, I took him to the Pokemon Center quickly and bonded with him, My parents let me have it as my starter and ever since then I wanted to be a pokemon trainer even stronger than my sister.

Battle Style: I like to use both Special and Physical attacks, I can think of pretty good strategies with some little time put into them, My fault is that I sometimes doubt myself and that leads to me losing the battle.

Starter Pokemon:

Pikachu/Bolter

Male

Lightning Rod

Tail Whip/ Thunder Shock

[/QUOTE]
Accepted! But I am going to need you to speak in third person in the actual roleplay. I hope this is amendable to you. Thanks (:

JaliscoFae said:

Starter Pokemon:

treecko.gif
Treecko/ Sage

male

overgrow

Leer/quick attack

Treecko's second move can't be quick attack starting. It has to be pound btw I just noticed that. ('

[QUOTE="Wild Imagination]Treecko's second move can't be quick attack starting. It has to be pound btw I just noticed that. ('

[/QUOTE]
fixed it :)

Name: Dustin Wells

Hometown: Jubilife

Personality: Dustin is very sarcastic/sardonic, always making unessicary comments. He's also very mature, not one to fool around. He's also known for his foul mouth, since not being with his parents. He's a very aggressive trainer, pushing everything to the limit, and not holding back.

Battle Style: Fights very offensive, not wanting to play defense unless needed. Special, and high damage attacks are some of his most used.

History: Growing up in Jublife means a very busy lifestyle. His parents live in a apartment in the heart of Jubilife, and both had busy jobs. His parents had gotten a Clefairy for the house while they were at work, and the two began to bond. The Clefairy acted as a babysitter for Dustin, and the two shared many fun times. But growing bored of the city lifestyle, he wanted something more. So his parents decided to allow him to go on his adventure, and every since he's been doing fine.

Starter Pokemon:

Cyndaquil.gif~c200

Male

Tackle

Ember

ReverseWells said:
Name: Dustin Wells

Hometown: Jubilife

Personality: Dustin is very sarcastic/sardonic, always making unessicary comments. He's also very mature, not one to fool around. He's also known for his foul mouth, since not being with his parents. He's a very aggressive trainer, pushing everything to the limit, and not holding back.

Battle Style: Fights very offensive, not wanting to play defense unless needed. Special, and high damage attacks are some of his most used.

History: Growing up in Jublife means a very busy lifestyle. His parents live in a apartment in the heart of Jubilife, and both had busy jobs. His parents had gotten a Clefairy for the house while they were at work, and the two began to bond. The Clefairy acted as a babysitter for Dustin, and the two shared many fun times. But growing bored of the city lifestyle, he wanted something more. So his parents decided to allow him to go on his adventure, and every since he's been doing fine.

Starter Pokemon:

Cyndaquil.gif~c200

Male

Tackle

Ember
Accepted (: Introduce yourself in the role play if you'd like.

k thx! do I need to make a trainer card?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back