• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Card Game Anime RP!

Clairikins

Lesbian Extraordinaire
Who likes card game anime? Let's make a RP of one!
We can either use a card game that already exists (yugioh, duel monsters, mtg, Inscryption, Weiss Schwarz?, etc) or make stuff up as we go along (I have some basic premises for a card game already, so we can build on that)

Either "People playing the game and it's considered a bigger deal than it should be" (like yugioh), "people are just having fun playing this game but it's not life or death" (like that one mtg manga) or "we are in the world of the game and have to use the cards to survive."

I figure we'll both have 1-2 main characters each and play a bunch of side characters to "duel" against.

Yes yes! I’d love to do some card game RP! As someone who had done quite a number of them, writing about an existed game and then creating custom cards for our characters to use would be the best method in term of simplicity and creativity. Also from your examples, I think YGO would be the best choice here if we stick with anime’s power level and not the irl bullshit.

Yes yes! I’d love to do some card game RP! As someone who had done quite a number of them, writing about an existed game and then creating custom cards for our characters to use would be the best method in term of simplicity and creativity. Also from your examples, I think YGO would be the best choice here if we stick with anime’s power level and not the irl bullshit.
Maybe early yugioh, then? Like Gen 1 or GX?
Message me and let's plan something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back