Camp Half-Blood Redefined

The Bay

As it is said, “We feel most alive when we are closest to death”. In my life I haven’t experienced this phenomenon much, but when I was 6 years old on the summer of 2005 I almost died.

My family had decided to go on a cruise through the Bahamas on the summer of 2005 and I was extremely excited. We first went to Florida, which is where my mom grew up, to meet some of her old friends. We stayed there for a couple of nights until it was time to take the plane to meet our ship. When we arrived on board, it was a super surreal thing for 6 year old me. I was like a fortress in the water. I have a fond memory of just being on the bottom floor and looking up and being amazed. The best thing was that there was all you can eat ice cream, so I consumed a huge amount of ice cream the whole time we were on the ship.

Fast forward a few weeks and the ship was on its way to an island named coco cay. When we arrived in Coco Cay we started swimming in the bay. The interesting thing about the bay we were at in Coco Cay was the incline of the beach, was very slight so that you could walk very far from the shore and the water would only be up to your ankles. The sides of the bay at Coco Cay were lined with rocks, and on these rocks there were small snails everywhere.

Young me wanted some pet snails so I climbed across on the walls of the bay rocks grabbing as many snails as I possibly could and stuffing them in my pockets. I probably had a good 80 snails in my pockets, content with my collection of snails I prepared to go swimming. Little did I know that these snails would probably die due to my actions and I had unwittingly committed genocide to these poor helpless snails. Perhaps this foreshadowed my inevitable doom, as they say karmas a B****.

My mom had been working on getting me to stop using my swimmies just weeks before we went on the cruise, so as is to be expected I wasn’t the strongest swimmer. Despite this I took all my might and repelled out into the water without paying any mind to the fact of how far out I was, and in fact I was very far from the shore. I started to panic as I didn’t find the soft sand bottom of the ocean touching my feet. I struggled to stay above the water, but failed as I had pockets full of snails. I tried to scream but all that did was get water and my mouth and I started choking. If someone didn’t help me I would die on my vacation in Coco Cay.

My brother swiftly came to my rescue like a proper hero, aboard his ship he had made out of mat that happened to float. He came up to me, reached out a hand, hoisted me aboard and swam me to shore.

As I lie on the sand of the beach called Coco Cay I contemplated my life thus far. It was short and it would have been no good to of just died right there. When I think back on this moment it makes me feel compelled to make a difference in this world, I hope that I can improve the standing of the human race in some way. So as you live today reading this remember that life is finite and random and no matter what you were given in life you should make the most of it.

(Be gentle :o )

The BAY! HAHA that made me think...Do you gotta a BAE? Or naw! Is you gotta date? Or naw!

WAIT on second thought...your first paragraph captured me. I'll read through it quickly, but don't count on me to break the whole proofreading stuff down 
Dang...didn't know you were about to drown. Well I am glad to be somewhat a part of your life then soupy

Also are you really going to write "they say karmas a B****"?

You're gonna have to fix the rest :D

The Bay

As it is said, “We feel most alive when we are closest to death”. In my life I haven’t experienced this phenomenon much, but when I was 6 years old on the summer of 2005 I almost died.

My family had decided to go on a cruise through the Bahamas on the summer of 2005 and I was extremely excited. We first went to Florida, which is where my mom grew up, to meet some of her old friends. We stayed there for a couple of nights until it was time to take the plane to meet our ship. When we arrived on board, it was a super surreal thing for 6 year old me. I was like a fortress in the water. I have a fond memory of just being on the bottom floor and looking up and being amazed. The best thing was that there was there was the all you can eat ice cream, so I consumed a huge amount of ice cream the whole time we were on the ship.

Fast forward a few weeks and the ship was on its way to an island named Coco Cay. When we arrived in Coco Cay we started swimming in the bay. The interesting thing about the bay we were at in Coco Cay was that the incline of the beach was very slight, so that you could walk very far from the shore and the water would only be up to your ankles. The sides of the bay at Coco Cay were lined with rocks, and on these rocks there were small snails everywhere.

Young me wanted some pet snails so I climbed across on the walls of the bay rocks, grabbing as many snails as I possibly could and stuffing them in my pockets. I probably had a good 80 snails in my pockets, and content with my collection of snails I prepared to go swimming. Little did I know that these snails would probably die due to my actions and I had unwittingly committed genocide to these poor, helpless snails. Perhaps this foreshadowed my inevitable doom, as they say karma's a bitch.

My mom had been working on getting me to stop using my swimmies just weeks before we went on the cruise, so as is to be expected I wasn’t the strongest swimmer. Despite this I took all my might and (propelled or repelled?) repelled out into the water without paying any mind to the fact of how far out I was, and in fact, I was very far from the shore. I started to panic as I didn’t find the soft sand bottom of the ocean touching my feet. I struggled to stay above the water, but failed, as I had pockets full of snails. I tried to scream, but all that did was get water in my mouth and I started choking. If someone didn’t help me, I would die on my vacation in Coco Cay.

My brother swiftly came to my rescue like a proper hero, aboard the ship he had made out of mat that happened to float. He came up to me, reached out a hand, hoisted me aboard and swam me to shore.

As I lie on the sand of the beach called Coco Cay, I contemplated my life thus far. It was short, and it would have been no good if I had just died right there. When I think back on this moment it makes me feel compelled to make a difference in this world, and I hope that I can improve the standing of the human race in some way. So as you live today reading this, remember that life is finite, and, random, and no matter what you were given in life, you should make the most of it.

we're still waiting for Julia to post. When she does I can start flying the plane… do a few tricks (jk). And we would be on our way 
Ryan… Are you stalking Blot?

XxJuliaxX said:
It's a role play where scientists have acquired technology that allows them to notice the demigods disappearing into Camp Half-Blood. The demigods began in Camp Half-Blood, but were forced to evacuate. One of the characters, Alec, has a dad that owns a mansion in Florida, so they traveled from New York to Florida. Their neighbor is Jerika, who is a Siren and works with the scientists. She has made friends with them, and are spying on them, but maybe she isn't. That was at least her initial intention. She invited them to an outdoor party, which only some of the group went to. Two manticores attacked; one for the people in the mansion and one for the people at the party. There is also a guy named Romeo, nicknamed Cupid, who possesses arrows that cause mortals to fall in love with the first person they see. Unfortunately, my character was forced to be lovesick for the majority of the party. They returned from the party to tend to those who were injured, then went to sleep.
In the morning, they discovered that one of the demigods, Mason, who had caused much damage to the mansion the night before due to his abilities with fire, had left, leaving only a notice in the garage. They had a meeting concerning the whereabouts of the scientists as well as those of Mason. A website was found about the scientists and what they knew about the demigods, though it required an advanced system to view without being detected. An address was included to mail any letters to in case someone sighted a demigod. The location of this address is in Curitiba, Brazil, which they have decided was their next destination, because their mission is to destroy all of the scientist headquarters. They then came up with theories about where Mason was and tracked him. The girl who likes him, Helena, already went after him, and got snared by a Cyclops's trap. Mason, who was a son of Hephaestus, had gone in search of Wakulla Volcano, which he then realized was nonexistent because it was actually Wakulla Springs, but he found a forge of three Cyclopes in a cave in Wakulla Springs. Coincidentally, the Cyclops that tried to eat Helena was one of these Cyclopes. The rest of the group rescued Helena and defeated the Cyclops, and then Mason came out of the cave, but he felt like it was his fault that the Cyclops the demigods had defeated was dying, since he led them there. The Cyclopes insisted that one of Mason's friends help him recover, and Evelynn volunteered, so now she is stuck back in time in the volcano with him and two other Cyclopes. Helena tried to bring a bear skeleton from the earth to save him, but ran out of energy and went into a death trance. Then when everyone went back to the mansion, they ate lunch, and a Hydra attacked and the demigods cut its necks off while throwing vials of Greek fire and, amazingly, none of them missed. Then everyone like went inside and stuff and helped save Max who was dying of poison, but conversations and Max's rescue were cut short by a one-time time skip that skipped to the following morning, in the airplane on their way to Manaus, Brazil.

The airplane ride was almost six hours, and by the way, Max has been carrying a cell phone, which explains why so many monsters have been attacking them within the course of two days, along with the density of demigods in one place at the same time. Max's mom is a pilot, and she and Max together flew the plane to Manaus. After a flight with stunts that caused many people yearn to kill Max, they arrived at the airport terminal, where they encountered a Chimera and killed it with a lead ball. Since Curitiba is another two and a half hours' flight away, they are now reloading the plane. Hopefully lunch will be during the flight, as it should be around 12:30 P.M. The only characters not with the group right now are Helena, Jessiah, Jack, and Remy (with Akihito and Venellie). Jessiah and Jack escaped the scientists from the headquarters in Curitiba together and have booked a nearby hotel, the same hotel that Alec's dad booked for the group of demigods. Helena shadow traveled there and accidentally landed in their room, coincidentally. Remy, Akihito, and Venellie were in the same group as Jess and Jack, but they escaped later and booked the Radisson Hotel in Curitiba (which is the closest hotel to the scientist headquarters). Your character could have escaped with Remy, Akihito, and Venellie. Remy just arrived at the hotel, but she has yet to edit her post to fit in with the RP. So I suppose your first post could be arriving at the hotel with Remy, Akihito, and Venellie. C: I have pictures of rooms in the hotel as well as descriptions of the rooms with two beds, if you would like me to find them in the OOC (that's perfectly fine). 
Nine more posts and we're at page 800 o_O
@savagePEST @KaiWoods Just click the box to make it expand 
THE BOTTOM OF THE BOX ya know where it says "CLICK TO EXPAND..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Well considering we have like 8 bases to destroy. We technically do have too. Cause we can get new members after each base we destroy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked the RP. I don't think Kai read through it all. 
Or anything, for that matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back