• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy By the Gods, Mortals and all that's in between! (Players Needed)

Is there a Market for this RP on this site?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GrigoriLord

Forgotten Sage
Before the Beginning, there was nothing. Bleak, infinite darkness with naught therein.

Then our universe began.

In the beginning there was one entity that inhabited our universe, the Master of our universe from it's beginning to the present day. The Lord of both Creation and Destruction, Master/Mistress Avonch.

Avonch was the first of the omnipotent creatures we call "Gods" to exist. Avonch then created four other omnipotent, but inferior, entities to aid in the creation, maintenance and governing of this new universe.

Together they created all the matter of our universe: from the bubbling surface of our suns, to the cold stone beneath our feet. After they had created a sufficient amount of empty planets, asteroids and other bodies throughout our universe, Avonch's plan changed.

A large planet was made without the aid of the other "Gods", one with a blazingly powerful blue star, one with oceans, wind, atmosphere and oceans made of liquid water. Finally Avonch sprinkled the surface of this planet with a new substance, strange and bewildering to the other "Gods".

Life

This newly formed life did not appear to have a governing force the other "Gods" believed, until they were introduced to their lost kin, who had been slumbering while they made the universe. This made the grand total of "Gods" six.

Through their combined efforts and the addition of life to their repertoire, the five inferior "Gods" began populating this new planet with us: The Mortal Races and the Immortal Races. The differences between us are few: the Immortal races were created first, with long life-spans and strong ties to the "Gods" who made them , while the Mortal races were created after, with shorter life-spans, much more potent fertility and weaker, but still strong, ties to the "Gods".

The "Gods" spread seed of life and the Immortal and Mortal races across all of their creations, learning quickly that life was as versatile as any other substance in the universe. The universe became populated with organic matter to complement it's already existing inorganic matter. The Immortal and Mortal races quickly made their way across the universe.

We are on the planet Rehajorque, one of the ancient planets the "Gods" so graciously seeded with the phenomenon of life. We are of the Immortal and Mortal races alike living in relative harmony. Recently through the genius of our Scholars, we have discovered a new universal mechanism to accompany the Magic discovered ages ago, Machinery. With this new tool we will find better ways: to live, produce food, wage war, shelter ourselves and of course please the "Gods".

Are you ready to learn more apprentice?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a fantasy Roleplay set on a planet in the grips of it's Industrial Revolution, during the discovery of powerful machinery to accompany their already potent Magical abilities. Players will be able to play as the short living Mortals or the long living Immortals. The "Gods" will be players as well, but much more difficult to gain access too.

The Roleplay is there if you are interested -> http://www.rpnation.com/threads/by-the-gods-mortals-and-all-thats-in-between.65886/

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the idea and story behind it, how will the ratio work out so we have a good mix of mortal and immoratal characters?

I'm hoping that the traits of the Mortal and Immortal races are balancing enough to allow a good mix of characters. I'm going for a bit of a different version of Immortal races where they aren't creatures that can live forever, instead they are creatures which can live for around two milleniums as well as a couple other differences from other fantasy norms. Thanks for the interest

When we have like 8 people who are interested in playing I guess I'll make up the stuff so we can start playing

Edit: I think the amount of people we have now is about sufficient but I'll wait until later tonight before I move the thread to the proper thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have two god positions and plenty of mortal and immortal positions if anyone is interested. We need more people still. The link is above if you'd like to join.

Take a look at the Overview of the Rp to see current god/goddess positions. You can however be an Immortal with a title of Law and Order if you don't want to be one of the other gods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back