Other Bugs and things that bug you about RP's

Veyd Sahvoz

Master of Resonant Souls
I've noticed for the past month that alot, and I mean ALOT, of threads die shortly after you join. I've had that happen quite a number of times, on minute tons of people post but when I go to join a few posts and no one ever posts again. And there seems to be that constant alert bug that really messes you up :/

When someone only writes like one word, or only speech. Obviously it's less annoying if it's a speech, but it just doesn't give you much to work with.

FictionalReality said:
When someone only writes like one word, or only speech. Obviously it's less annoying if it's a speech, but it just doesn't give you much to work with.
Lol, when people do that to me I use one of my two reactions. 1: Don't respond at all. 2: Give them a ridiculously short response as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer casual threads because you can post whatever length. I don't write a line, but I won't write a page either, unless I have a really big idea that I want to get done.

FictionalReality said:
I prefer casual threads because you can post whatever length. I don't write a line, but I won't write a page either, unless I have a really big idea that I want to get done.
Same :/

Knowing your partner is online and he/she dosen't bother responding. T.T and this goes on for days.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sarai said:
Knowing your partner is online and he/she dosen't bother responding. T.T and this goes on for days.....
IKR. I remember I used to use a different website, and my partner didn't reply to me for four days, despite being online everyday.

When your partner wants to skip everything (I.e. Plotting, detailing the setting, basically essential components that make up a story) and just jump into the pairing.

A story cannot survive on the blissful qualities of romance alone. Winging it also hasn't ever worked. UGH.

- When you're not even writing yet, just planning, and they post everywhere you are except in your messages. Being ignored amidst a virtual group is ridiculous.

- "You start" I'm assuming said person always prefers the other one starts. Just kind of irks me.

- A lack of personality. I think a little chemistry is vital to keep the characters developing, and the story flowing and alive overall. Responding with "ok" or "mkayz" 24/7 is just unnecessary. You're not that busy.

I could go on, but I'm going to explode like Hadesssss.

[QUOTE="P U R I T Y]
When your partner wants to skip everything (I.e. Plotting, detailing the setting, basically essential components that make up a story) and just jump into the pairing.
A story cannot survive on the blissful qualities of romance alone. Winging it also hasn't ever worked. UGH.

- When you're not even writing yet, just planning, and they post everywhere you are except in your messages. Being ignored amidst a virtual group is ridiculous.

- "You start" I'm assuming said person always prefers the other one starts. Just kind of irks me.

- A lack of personality. I think a little chemistry is vital to keep the characters developing, and the story flowing and alive overall. Responding with "ok" or "mkayz" 24/7 is just unnecessary. You're not that busy.

I could go on, but I'm going to explode like Hadesssss.

[/QUOTE]
Thank you for posting this because you gave me a couple of tips :D thanks

[QUOTE="P U R I T Y]

[/QUOTE]
Huh, I try to go by who ever begun the thread. Who ever posted the interest check or who ever first said, "Hay, lets do an RP!" A good writer has to be able to both begin the story or follow up. :) Andif someone is not good at it they need to be working on it.

Sarai said:
Huh, I try to go by who ever begun the thread. Who ever posted the interest check or who ever first said, "Hay, lets do an RP!" A good writer has to be able to both begin the story or follow up. :) Andif someone is not good at it they need to be working on it.
I think it's more personal because I'm always, always starting things off. It's not the starter post that's difficult, but writing (typically we agree on 5+ paragraphs, I write +) quite a bit (via tablet, shoot me) and they never even respond.

If I requested we write together I'm more than happy to start! It just gets... redundant. But I see what you're saying, honestly that's entirely true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back