Boop Doop, Hello!

Quip a Witticism

Er... I knew that, probably.
Hey there! My name is Quip, and I'm new around these parts. I was recently uprooted from my usual frolicking grounds, and am in need of a new place to skip until I accidentally trip on reality again.

;;3;! I should probably talk about myself just a little, huh? Well- I've been roleplaying for far too long. I started when I was in grade three, on Neopets. Haven't put it down since. That was...

13 years ago. Boop doop oops?

Anyways, I love all sorts of role plays! I'll do anything as long as its got an engaging plot. Though, I must admit, I tend to enjoy One x One's or small groups rather than massive games. I gravitate towards the more advanced and complicated types of games. I like to add personality, voice, and development into my replies. Writing a reply of just one or two paragraphs is actually more challenging for me than letting myself write freely.

That being said, I can still do it if I try. Challenges are fun, after all! (o'v'o) Anyways, I thought I'd pop in to say hello, before I read through the rest of the forums and got myself all together. (( I read the rules first, but I'm still going through the rest.)) And maybe meet some of the folks in the process!

Its nice to meet you all sjfhdhgfsdsfd

Welcome to RPN! *throws confetti in air* I'm Kestrel, but you can call me Kes if you want. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. An admin will be here sometime to give you tips and stuff. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Greetings and salutations!

Welcome to RP Nation, where Roleplay is our business.

You've found us, congratulations for choosing the best RP site on the whole intertubes, we're glad you're here and a part of the expanding universe that is RP Nation. Also, now you're officially one of the cool kids.

Before you being your quest to becoming one of the old hats here at RPN, please do take a second and take a look at the site rules. You can find them here: INFO - Official Site Rules | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum.

Unlike the Pirate code, they aren't more like suggestions but rules that we take a bit seriously. If, however, you've got a few pieces of eight you'd like to swing our way, we're always more than happy to take it. (I said, the rules weren't suggestions, never said we weren't piratey mate).

Once you've had a glance over the rules there's more information to be had here: Site Questions & Information | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum. You can find something there to answer just about any question you might have.

Now then, I know that you have to answers that you're wanting answered now and the first is, you can join any RP that is open. You can find the different RP genres here: Roleplays | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

They're set up by genre so if you're looking for that Belgariad fandom RP (sorry, none yet exists here) then you'll know you aren't going to be looking in the futuristic genre. Each genre has an interest check at the top of the page and you can peruse this to see if anyone is wanting to create an RP.

If you are trolling the RPs and you just gotta make your own futuristic version of the Elenium, then you can pick the genre (future or fandom? I don't know!) and create an interest check. In the interest check you can tell the whole world about your RP and what you want to do with it. If you get enough people to say Aye! then you create your RP.

Do NOT under any, uncertain circumstances create an interest check in the RP forum! Make sure that you create your interest check in the interest check forums! If you create an interest check in the RP forums then you have just created an RP and all the threads that go along with that. Then administration has to go through and delete all those threads. That is a hassle and a pain in the rear so please make sure that you are posting an interest check in the interest check forums ONLY. Your friendly neighborhood staff thanks you for your cooperation.

If you have any questions, issues, or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with either the moderators of your forum (the genre), the Super moderators, or even the admin staff. You can do that here: Site Questions & Information

Again, welcome to RPN and happy RPing.

ehmygirl

What a lovely entrance. Greets, fellow newcomer. I also wish to see you around these parts, should we cross paths on the 1x1 parts of this town. The very highest quality of luck and fun to you.

Kestrel said:
Welcome to RPN! *throws confetti in air* I'm Kestrel, but you can call me Kes if you want. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. An admin will be here sometime to give you tips and stuff. I hope you enjoy your stay!
Daw, thank you! Sorry it took me so long to hop back on here, for a while there I was swamped with school, but now that its the end of the year, I have more time again! Anyways, it's nice to meet you, Kes!

I'm sure I will enjoy my stay! It looks rather cozy.

ehmygirl said:
Greetings and salutations!
Welcome to RP Nation, where Roleplay is our business......

Before you being your quest to becoming one of the old hats here at RPN, please do take a second and take a look at the site rules. You can find them here: INFO - Official Site Rules | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum.

Unlike the Pirate code, they aren't more like suggestions but rules that we take a bit seriously....

Once you've had a glance over the rules there's more information to be had here: Site Questions & Information | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum. You can find something there to answer just about any question you might have. You can find the different RP genres here: Roleplays | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Do NOT under any, uncertain circumstances create an interest check in the RP forum!

If you have any questions, issues, or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with either the moderators of your forum (the genre), the Super moderators, or even the admin staff. You can do that here: Site Questions & Information

Again, welcome to RPN and happy RPing.

ehmygirl

Wow! That was.. Uhm,
a lot? I mean, thank you so much for the links- I had already finished reading through everything you had posted by the time it was posted. But thank you for the links, anyways!

I felt a little overwhelmed by the wall of text, to be honest. ;;¬;

Are you one of the Admins that Kes mentioned?

Anyways, I am able to navigate through everything, as well as have a good grasp on the mechanics for the forums now. Since I have been role playing for so long, it was fairly easy to read through on my own. But thank you again!

TheCrimsonQuill said:
What a lovely entrance. Greets, fellow newcomer. I also wish to see you around these parts, should we cross paths on the 1x1 parts of this town. The very highest quality of luck and fun to you.
Thanks for the welcome! I am actually plotting a group, as weird as it sounds. It's in the midst of being planned out on a google doc, and I think I might test the group waters before I sneak into the 1 x1 threads! See how people like to reply and do things, so that way I won't mess anything up in a one x one.

Plus, I believe I have to have ten posts before I can send messages, so I might as well see if I can't break out of my shell a little! ;;¬;¡

Hi! Welcome to RPN. ♥ I feel like it's really hard for me to write small posts as well. Which kills me, because I tend to tone my posts down to not scare people away. It hurts my soul. But I do it so I don't have to be lonely, lol.

poppet said:
Hi! Welcome to RPN. ♥ I feel like it's really hard for me to write small posts as well. Which kills me, because I tend to tone my posts down to not scare people away. It hurts my soul. But I do it so I don't have to be lonely, lol.
Pbbt, right? If I have a lot of good content that furthers the plot, or adds mystery to the mix, or personal reaction based content, I love to write it out! I tend to scare people away, though. ;;3 ;¡

I am in the process of plotting out an RP for the advanced section, however! I can't wait to see if people would be interested in the idea. It's still in doc stages for the time being, but I hope to have it going some time soon! Hopefully I will be able to write to my heart's content.

I'd love the link to it when it's ready! I've scared people away even when I was trying really hard to tone down, lol. But I understand. Some people want a quick fun fix away from the every day. Sometimes I like that, too. I just can't help myself though. Even in those roleplays I tend to get "carried away" sometimes. Those are groups though. In a one on one, I can't dull it down. No exceptions there. I just won't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back