• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Blood, Betrayal, and Forgiveness? (Medieval Court/Literate Search)

Jack19XK

Dominion
Intro

Hey there, my name is Jack and I've been rping for a good 7 or so years. I'm currently a master's student who is working full-time in the finance industry. I consider myself to be a rather literate writer and I enjoy OOC discussions and plotting. I do ask that my partner is also semi-literate to literate. If it's someone that can challenge me that'll be even better!

Interests: I enjoy world building as much as the next guy, so I hope that my partner is someone who I can bounce ideas back and forth with. I'm into forbidden romances and flawed, morally complex characters.

Currently, I'm craving a particular plot that revolves around medieval fantasy, and court politics. I'm not the best at making these request threads so if you have any questions about me or the thread, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Setting: This story takes place in a medieval/fantasy world within the Empire of Avaritia. I had pictured the world as being more magic and sword vs sword fighting. Think of early medieval times. There's a lot of room for world-building, which is also something I'm excited to explore. I intend for this rp to be heavily centralized on politics so if you're into intrigues and plots then feel free to dm me.

Premise: The plot itself is kind of a simple one at the start, although I'm hoping to find someone who can help me elaborate more on the details and maybe even do some world-building. Avaritia itself was among the most powerful countries of this world until recent decades of foreign incursions and internal strife caused the country to slowly wither away. The nobility grew greatly in power while the Crown's authority slowly decentralized. YC would be a princess belonging to the royal family of Avaritia who is betrothed to my character, a duke hailing from one of the empire's most renowned and influential noble families.

As one may expect, the ambitions of MC and his family far surpass that of nobility. Not only does MC seek power and influence but also the Crown of Avaritia itself. With his marriage to the royal princess and the decentralization of the state, MC knows that it was only a matter of time before his goals are realized.

I hope to start this rp off with some action right away. By that, I mean that the rp will begin right in the middle of the fateful night in which MC launches his coup. It's important to note that this will take place several months after his marriage to YC and by now, the two already had plenty of time to elaborate on their relationship. This might be a little challenging because we would have to establish several months of relationship right off the bat. But I certainly think that's a possible feat.

Now, what the state of that relationship will be by this time is up for discussion. For me, I kind of see it as the two having fallen madly in love. However, despite his affection towards YC, MC could not surrender his ambitions. And despite what MC has done, YC could not forsake her feelings for him. We essentially start things off with their relationship already "built" in a sense, but we will do the actual building as the rp progresses if that makes sense. I've done plenty of rps where relationships were built from the ground up (some stalling as a result) so I think that it'll be rather interesting to add a little twist to the concept.

The coup succeeds; the royal family, including YC's kin, finds themselves imprisoned pending judgment. MC's control extends to the imperial palace gates, cutting off information flow to the outside world. The truth becomes what MC shapes it to be. YC, having left as the sole remaining heir to the Crown, would be forced into a public abdication in favor of MC, citing the royal family's alleged incompetence. However, not all hope is lost as the royal family would still have a strong presence of loyalists at court, most of whom remain untouched by the palace coup.

I hope that throughout this rp, we can slowly reveal and elaborate on the relationship between these two characters. With the event at the start, I think there are a lot of opportunities for this as our characters become embroiled in internal and external conflicts with one another. YC would essentially have to remain as the wife of a husband who has imprisoned and betrayed her whole family. Furthermore, with the fate of her family still up in the air, she would have to do everything she could to convince MC to spare the lives of her loved ones while she potentially plots revenge.

I've only thought of the plot to this point. I hope to brainstorm other details with my potential partner. This could either be a short or long-term rp, depending on how much we can come up with. As for how it stands now, I'd pictured it as being short and bittersweet. Of course, I'm always down for new ideas so don't be afraid to share. Thanks

Last edited:
Definitely interested in this, really interested in the political aspect of this rp as well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back