[Birthright] (OOC) Discussion

Pineapple said:
Hmm.... but what if I don't want to talk about it here? :P
Hmmmm, The Universe dictates that you have to talk about it here, unless your a dirty freeborn!

I am eager for everything to get started. Should I get out my cattle prod and go round up some other members to apply?

Hope you all enjoy the banner beautifully done by Pineapple for birthright :) ...This game will be starting real soon! Just be a little patient with us and keep checking back every so often :)

Question.

If this is supposed to be some kind of war we're drafted in, then how do all those locations fit into the story?

[QUOTE="Renarion Arenimon]Question.
If this is supposed to be some kind of war we're drafted in, then how do all those locations fit into the story?

[/QUOTE]
Well yes and no.

Short Answer: No it is not a war, at least not in the traditional sense.

Long Answer: We are involved in a "War", if you consider the "War on Drugs" or the "War on Terror" to be actually legitimate "Wars". We are drafted in the sense that we are forced into being grouped together and being forced to listen to Military Ranks, which is common for a Feudalistic society. Mainly because the Lord of Westborn (the place where we were all drafted or were born from), is concerned with another similar uprising of Freeborns and other sort of "Terrorist" attacks occurring in Westborn, its neighbors and its allies. Lords help each other out by providing necessary arms when need be. So we are technically involved in a War with no evident enemy or sides.

So it is not all-out open warfare, but tensions and smaller uprisings exist. A calm before the storm scenario. Understood.

Question- With the way things are written, it sounds like people can "share" birthrights- be born under the same constellation. However, I suspect that you guys REALLY want a unique ability...

... Can birthrights be shared?

Yes and No.

Birthrights are shared amongst huge groups of people just like Zodiacs are today.

However No Player Character can have the same Birthright as anothers. So you won't be playing with another player with the same birthright but we will encounter NCCs/NPCs and enemies that will, and they can be more powerful than your PC.

Yo, Noob here.... Trying to fill out the character sheet (<---- Has never really filled on out befor so i feel stupid for asking.)

But... may i get some helpage on this? Please and thanks?

What fields do you want us to elaborate on? (Also, Team Speak is a great place to go for help, Dark Wizard, Miz or I are usually on)

Stewie said:
Yo, Noob here.... Trying to fill out the character sheet (<---- Has never really filled on out befor so i feel stupid for asking.)
But... may i get some helpage on this? Please and thanks?
Just let know what you need help with and we will gladly help you :)

Kool thats great but again... I looked at downloading team speak and all i saw was "dfnajgkbfhablfdkjnkjdfnvgd"

Good god i feel outdated. If i could download that is would make everything A LOT easier on all of us :/ Mainly me and my slow butt.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Just let know what you need help with and we will gladly help you :)

[/QUOTE]
Nvm, I got it all downloaded and such just dont know where to go in the place...

I don't mind it that much but the Fog from the ambushers did not follow proper magic rules. Please remember that you need to post that someone is casting it first, or you feel that someone is, in a post before it happens. Otherwise characters can not respond, such as mine. The only reason why I take offense to this is because its really like God Modding my advantages so they do not apply.

It isn't a huge deal for a post like this one, but I mean to say in future fights.

Yah... Same with me. My Ligen would have been able to smell the intruders from a while away, so somthing that I should have known about beforehand happend very suddenly.

Uriel... - Well Uriel couldn't really sense anything but everyone's complaining so I am too. It's the principles.

Also, I'd like to point out something to certain players: Uriel's birthright is called Justiciar, NOT Justicar as some of you have persistently been using. I realize you've played alot of Mass Effect but I didn't take the name from there, and if you google for Justiciar (mind the spelling) you'll see it has nothing to do with Mass Effect.

Just saying.

Can I just say something here? It's possible that I am stating the obvious, but I think it needs to be said.

You guys need to move on. I don't think spending 44 posts in the same area is a good thing. The first area, nonetheless.

Unless I am mistaken, as soon as this ambush thing is wrapped up and night falls, we'll wake up at our destination.

At the risk of being annoying: There is still no thumbnail version of the Birthright banner, and I would love to add one to my signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back