Beyond the edge of the underworld

Seraphina

I know that in creation the Wyld is what's beyond creation but what is beyond the "elemental poles" in the underworld? I couldn't find anything about it past that it seems to mirror creation with the south having black flames and so on. So I'm guessing its either the labyrinth (since its the underworlds answer to the wyld in some ways) unformed mist or maybe even the wyld but I'd like to know what the cannon is.

I can't find the reference right now, but nothing. I remember vividly a passage about just as many ghosts dying in the Balorian Crusade because as the wyld encroached, it destroyed the Underworld.

You'd have to search the Wyld book, I remember something about those "shadowyld bubbles".

I thought beyond the edges was an empty, endless gray landscape (or waters). Can't recall where I got the idea from, though.

Hmm. All the answers so far seem to disagree. Sidereal shenanigans?

magnificentmomo said:
I can't find the reference right now, but nothing. I remember vividly a passage about just as many ghosts dying in the Balorian Crusade because as the wyld encroached, it destroyed the Underworld.
Thanks I found that its in the Compass of Celestial Directions Vol. 4 The Underworld on page 17. It say that as the as the Wyld dissolved creations outer provinces it dissolved the underworlds outer provinces too but if you keep reading it sounds like it could have just dissolved them into the Wyld its very vague.

There are other references elsewhere that it is just a bleak grey landscape with nothing, which makes those pocket shadowlands unreachable from the Underworld, but the real question is, could you leave them during the night at all? I could see arguments going both ways because, there isn't any underworld for you to go into, but shadowlands go into the underworld at night. On the flip side, it's surrounded by Wyld, not Creation, so the rules could bend or be different.

magnificentmomo said:
There are other references elsewhere that it is just a bleak grey landscape with nothing, which makes those pocket shadowlands unreachable from the Underworld, but the real question is, could you leave them during the night at all? I could see arguments going both ways because, there isn't any underworld for you to go into, but shadowlands go into the underworld at night. On the flip side, it's surrounded by Wyld, not Creation, so the rules could bend or be different.
For that matter, would their bits of Wyld even have night?

For anyone who has Splinters of the Wyld, the Underworld (well, at least the Void), CAN exist within Wyld zones. Something about a statue with a mouth into the Void. Remember kiddies, the Wyld is pretty much GM fiat. If you want Shadowwylds, you have Shadowwylds. The Wyld, especially the deeper parts, is very subjective that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back