Before I misinform my players (and fuck up myself):

Hanat-Osul

Elder Member
Flickering Image Strike and the other Athletics Charms that double your damage work in the following manner:

-Calculate damage normally (Str. + weapon bonus + extra successes).

-Subtract soak normally.

-Double the number of damage dice rolled.

Yes?

I ask 'cause that's bad as hell in Power Combat - you'd  roll [Essence x2], instead of just Essence, right?

Flickering Image Strike and the other Athletics Charms that double your damage work in the following manner:
-Calculate damage normally (Str. + weapon bonus + extra successes).

-Subtract soak normally.

-Double the number of damage dice rolled.

Yes?

I ask 'cause that's bad as hell in Power Combat - you'd  roll [Essence x2], instead of just Essence, right?
They work according to how they say they work.

For example:

The Solar Athletics Charm Leaping Tiger Attack doubles your damage dice after soak.  This means that yes, you roll 6 dice instead of 3, or what-have-you.

The Solar Athletics Charm Thunderbolt Attack Prana doubles the Health Levels inflicted.  This means that if you roll 3 dice and get a single success, you do two (1 x 2) Health Levels.

I don't know Flickering Image Strike, but based on the cost I'm assuming it works like TAP does - doubling inflicted health levels after damage is rolled.

It really does depend entirely on the charm.  For example Blossom of Inevitable Demise doubles pre-soakdamage not the above mentioned after soak or after rolled damage. really makes for a nice big handfull of dice to roll.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back