• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐˜‰๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜”๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ - waiting room

Characters
Here
Other
Here

junegloom

youโ€™ve got me by the skin and bones
feel free to ask questions, brainstorm, or chat here! once applications are accepted, all ooc will move to discord!

hi !! i was wondering if a former soldier from the Vietnam war would be okay?? i think it'd be an interesting character concept.

Debating between a couple of concepts, am leaning toward an NYC investment banker that abandoned his family and went on the run after the '29 market crash. Maybe some association with organized crime mixed in his background to further justify disappearing.

Love paranormal stories that include spaces out of time so I'm excited for this!

Debating between a couple of concepts, am leaning toward an NYC investment banker that abandoned his family and went on the run after the '29 market crash. Maybe some association with organized crime mixed in his background to further justify disappearing.

Love paranormal stories that include spaces out of time so I'm excited for this!
def up to you but that could be interesting!

hello, i had a question !

i donโ€™t exactly have a faceclaim for my character, just faces that kind of represent what he might look like, so i was wondering if i could include a physical description too and that would be fine.

hello, i had a question !

i donโ€™t exactly have a faceclaim for my character, just faces that kind of represent what he might look like, so i was wondering if i could include a physical description too and that would be fine.
thatโ€™s totally fine!

Something Iโ€™ve been meaning to ask about: I assume the manor hasnโ€™t evolved much with the times and has stayed mostly as it looked when it was built, 1800s-ish? Or have parts of it actually advanced to modernity when it comes to decor and amenities?

do NOT drink the 1800โ€™s tap water

Something Iโ€™ve been meaning to ask about: I assume the manor hasnโ€™t evolved much with the times and has stayed mostly as it looked when it was built, 1800s-ish? Or have parts of it actually advanced to modernity when it comes to decor and amenities?
i mean itโ€™s pretty close to original decor wise but it does have modern-ish amenities. not anything fancy or super modern??? if that makes sense?? like they have electricity of course and like television but not smart tvs. wifi is available but pretty garbage. it does need to be appealing to people looking to move in. the people who have been there for decades get pretty blind to the time passing so they donโ€™t really notice just how much time is passing so advancements arenโ€™t that shocking.

do NOT drink the 1800โ€™s tap water
what do you mean???? you donโ€™t want cholera?????!?!!?!

i am also struggling hardcore to find faceclaims for the two lads iโ€™m planning on making โ˜ ๏ธ

Okay that makes sense! And yeah, Iโ€™m willing to suspend disbelief for the paranormal time dilation so the older folks arenโ€™t super weirded out by internet and newer tech, no worries :p

i am also struggling hardcore to find faceclaims for the two lads iโ€™m planning on making โ˜ ๏ธ

I had to look for hours to figure out what my FCโ€™s name was after seeing them in a movie a million years ago so I feel this

I have a character I could readapt from WW2 era Korea, but I noticed that there aren't many 2000+ characters so I was thinking maybe having someone more recent like 2005 - 2022 as I'm assuming the newcomer is from 2023

I have a character I could readapt from WW2 era Korea, but I noticed that there aren't many 2000+ characters so I was thinking maybe having someone more recent like 2005 - 2022 as I'm assuming the newcomer is from 2023
thatโ€™s all up to you!

i love the concept that theyโ€™re just walking time capsules. old people do the same thing but theyโ€™re not as cool i guess

i love the concept that theyโ€™re just walking time capsules. old people do the same thing but theyโ€™re not as cool i guess
no i love this too. itโ€™s my fave thing

Until the elder guests finally escape the manor grounds and instantly age 70 years
just bc i donโ€™t want my characters to turn to dust if they leave iโ€™m selfishly deciding that wonโ€™t happen (but they donโ€™t know that lmao)

being in my 20โ€™s forever and squatting at some mansion doesnโ€™t sound bad at all actually

no fr. iโ€™d lowkey love that.

well. i feel like iโ€™d go a bit stir crazy bc i like traveling but they get pretty blind to how much time is passing so maybe it doesnโ€™t bother them that much

My favorite/most frustrating part of a writing a non-modern character has begun - delving into every linguistics resource I can find on period-appropriate slang or turns of phrase while trying not to overdo it ๐Ÿฅธ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back