• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern BAU

ChampionOfTheMorningStar

The lunatic Fringe
Hello! My name is flower....

(Insert niceties I am looking to get back into group RPs with a literate small group I have tried with limited success)

Overall I am looking for a small mid- to - high lit group, thinking about 3-6ish people total including me so 2-5 others.

Here are the ideals I look for in a partner when I search out a 1x1 this is a group RP but I still look for the same things:

Someone who is creative, and can add ideas

Someone with good writing skill, meaning someone who can give me a good length response without dragging on and on

Someone who is honest, and can tell me when an idea sucks (and why)

Hear me out, if you don't understand why I want something ask why don't just say 'no' we gotta work together.

Someone not too too stubborn, who will bend and shift ideas with me.

Respect, just be respectful it's not hard.

Be serious but not too serious, when people are 100% work and 0% play it frustrates me, I like to know there is a person on the other end not some sort of Rping robot.

A human, I've had partners take over everything and partners literally do everything to please me. I don't enjoy either.

Be able to play Male and Female and multiple characters, Just makes the story more dynamic if we all have a few recurring characters, all characters can't be main but with such a small group we would all have A CHARACTER that is. Also we would add to our cast of people (and get rid of / kill off) as we go and as needed.

Also I like to look at RP as joint story telling. So since this is a small group we will all talk and throw about ideas for the story it will be a group novel experience almost. At least I want it to be, I don't want this to be flower's RP I want it to be Our Story. Decisions will be made as a group which is why literacy is so important. Also why the group will be small.

Alright so if you are still with me you are probably like

OKAY SO WHAT IS YOUR IDEA?

First off this is NOT a fandom RP the idea is slightly inspired by a TV show since TV shows often do a good job of showing what I think RP should be like, a cast of characters in a situation with lots of side plots, long plots and main plots.

Like one season of a show would have the extended plot while each episode would have its plot.

the BAU or Behavioral Analysis Unit is a unit of the FBI ( Federal Bureau of Investigation) that profiles everything from Serial killers, to Kidnappers. Using psychological concepts and ideas they get called in all around the country to investigate crimes, where they create a profile based on the evidence at crime scenes and behavioral patterns of the crimes, once they have a profile they find and arrest the Unsub (unidentified subject)

For those of you who do not know I am referring to the CBS show Criminal Minds.

It follows the BAU around their adventures and struggles with work and personal life and is a largely character driven show.

My goal is to put together a BAU of unique characters and then we will begin to solve cases and develop them.

We will likely take turns coming up with cases on occasion we will maybe play an unsub, and we will begin to develop a sub-plot to our cases mostly based upon character development and pasts etc.

This idea may seem have baked, and that is intentional. I want to fully flesh out the ideas we need to get started with my group (team let's call it a team), we do not need to plan everything like I said this will be largely character driven.

Also if you like Criminal Minds and want your character to be somewhat based off of a character from the show that is OK, you can use their name even, or their FC, just try to make it your own a bit and let's try not to have a team full of Hoch's or Rossis or Reids or Morgans.

I am pretty sure My character might be a little Spencer based.

Finally, please respond to this thread and do not PM me, so that we can all sorta meet each other. No secrets, to start, I mean our characters might end up secretive...

~NGflower

I dun did bump'd.

Well, I guess I could be up for this, as I am a Criminal Minds fan...

And I do need a lot of work on controlling multiple characters.

Not to sound full of myself, though I am pretty self-centered at times, but I believe I could match most of the criteria you've set forth.

Although I am new here, I believe I fit the criteria you have mentioned. I'm not the perfect RPer by any stretch of the imagination, but I really do love your idea ^^

Criminal Minds is one of my favourite shows, and I am interested in law enforcement as a career, so I'd love to participate. I also have no problem controlling more than one character, though I do need to work on it.

Aha! I'm not the only one lacking in this respect. It seems a lot of people I find are veterans or at least comfortable with their abilities. And I just sit here thinking, "Crap. Now I have to brain for TWO characters."

great, I am still waiting to get some more interested people before I start a PM I want there to be at least 4 of us total aiming more towards five :)

I pretty much think that we will each have about 1 main person and like a few minors

[QUOTE="Runcible Spoon]Aha! I'm not the only one lacking in this respect. It seems a lot of people I find are veterans or at least comfortable with their abilities. And I just sit here thinking, "Crap. Now I have to brain for TWO characters."

[/QUOTE]
Haha, yeah, I get you. In the past, I've usually only controlled one, apart from a few RPs. It's certainly harder, as you have to switch mindsets. It's like writing a book with different perspectives. But it can be more fun, too, as you can get each character to aspire to do something different.

Agreed, the rewards far outweigh the difficulties... But as you said, it's the switching mindsets. But I'm here to challenge myself as a writer, so I can hardly say I'm accomplishing my self-set goals if I avoid something like this.

Anything to improve.

And can't wait to get started, Flora. Fun times a head.

Flower, I'm sitting beside you as I write this. xD

I fit all of the criteria, as you know (; I would love to join this. We were just watching Criminal Minds earlier today. And of course you would choose a Spencer based character. Aiight, I'm in if you'll have me (and I'll punch you right now if you won't.) o3o

Oh my goodness can I join?! I love Criminal Minds, and am looking for a good rp and this sounds just awesome!

Add the guy before me. It wouldn't be right for me to take his spot even though he was technically here first. It wouldn't seem right.

I will ad him first I am just gonna talk to the group to see if we want you as well, so basically guy above you is a yes you have a maybe as stated before this is sorta a team thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back