• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Batman: The Caped Crusader

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind

batman-logo-bw.png

yckA6Broi.png

BATMANThe Caped Crusader

yckA6Broi.png

Gotham City, at day; mostly a peaceful metropolis, rarely disturbed by crime. At night; overrun with gangs and criminals. There are many people in the city. Heroes, or Villains. There's Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Red Robin, Red Hood, Robin. Then there's The Joker, Two-Face, The Riddler, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow. There are much, much more, but it'd take too much place to list. One would wonder what awaits this city.

dark-knight-gotham-city.jpg

Rules
  1. All normal RPN rules apply, obviously.
  2. I need a Co-GM!
  3. All of the Canon characters' backstories have to be the same as in the original. There is no going around this rule. But! You may change their future. As mentioned above; Only backstories are the same. Except for them; Nothing too important\noticable happened. No terrorist attacks, bombings, kidnappings by supervillains. Only your normal Gotham routine. It is the time that crime starts rising. Anything could happen: Maybe Tim Drake will share Barbara Gordon's fate from the original and become a cripple? Maybe the Joker will cry? Maybe Batman will laugh for once? NOTE: By same as original, I mean the source material. Don't make Alfred an ex-Alien Hunter, and stuff. You can make your own minor changes and have your own take at canon characters.
  4. Write with correct grammar. Minor mistakes are acceptable.
  5. OC's are allowed.
  6. Do not control other people's characters, their actions and do not directly decide how your actions impacted or affected other characters. In short: No god-modding and auto-hitting.
  7. If there is an issue between two RP'ers, then I will handle it. Do not argue in IC, or through characters. And try avoiding arguing in OOC. We are all here to RP and enjoy ourselves, not to piss each other off.
  8. Villain characters are encouraged to enact chaos, vengeance, and destruction. And once caught and put behind bars they are encouraged to plan some epic escape plan. While Hero characters are encouraged to stop it all from happening.
  9. Feel free to control NPC's, such as the Police, Minor Thugs\Criminals, Bystanders and such. However, there is a few more important rules about this.
    1. If\When someone signs up as Commissioner Gordon, they are the ONLY ones that can control GCPD, SWAT and the Police force at large.
    2. If\When someone signs up as The Joker, they are the ONLY ones that can control The Joker's gang.
    3. The same rules as the ones above apply to Penguin's Henchmen, Two-Face's Gang and other groups. If your character is a group's leader? Then be their leader. Rule over them as you wish. Treat them like an ability\skill\resource of your character. I hope you get what I mean.
    4. It should be noted that by ONLY ones that can control something I mean their actions at large. For an example: If I controlled the Joker's gang, I would control where they performed their heists etc, but I would not control how effective they are against others in combat. RP'ing fighting each NPC would be very tiring for all players. Communicate and try to figure out the best course of action.
  10. Most importantly, do what you're here for: Have fun! :D
  11. And at all times, tenderly remember... some men just want to watch the world burn.

gotham_city_by_dblake.jpg

Perhaps one of you.
Swire Swire Alteras Alteras Hanarei Hanarei FireMaiden FireMaiden Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Some veterans too, I suppose. Since this IS technically just a reboot. Hell, I even used the same BBCode.
Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Keltoi Keltoi Hammy Hammy Spacing Out Spacing Out DOUBLENICK3L DOUBLENICK3L
Note: I probably forgot some people. Tag anyone at your leisure.

Harley Quinn Harley Quinn
Let me guess... You want to be Harley Quinn?! If I was right, consider it yours. If I was wrong, let me know so I can feel like an idiot.

Last edited:

batman-logo-bw.png

yckA6Broi.png

BATMANThe Caped Crusader

yckA6Broi.png

Gotham City, at day; mostly a peaceful metropolis, rarely disturbed by crime. At night; overrun with gangs and criminals. There are many people in the city. Heroes, or Villains. There's Batman, Nightwing, Batgirl, Batwoman, Red Robin, Red Hood, Robin. Then there's The Joker, Two-Face, The Riddler, Penguin, Mr. Freeze, Scarecrow. There are much, much more, but it'd take too much place to list. One would wonder what awaits this city.

dark-knight-gotham-city.jpg

Rules
  1. All normal RPN rules apply, obviously.
  2. I need a Co-GM!
  3. All of the Canon characters' backstories have to be the same as in the original. There is no going around this rule. But! You may change their future. As mentioned above; Only backstories are the same. Except for them; Nothing too important\noticable happened. No terrorist attacks, bombings, kidnappings by supervillains. Only your normal Gotham routine. It is the time that crime starts rising. Anything could happen: Maybe Tim Drake will share Barbara Gordon's fate from the original and become a cripple? Maybe the Joker will cry? Maybe Batman will laugh for once?
  4. Write with correct grammar. Minor mistakes are acceptable.
  5. OC's are allowed.
  6. Do not control other people's characters, their actions and do not directly decide how your actions impacted or affected other characters. In short: No god-modding and auto-hitting.
  7. If there is an issue between two RP'ers, then I will handle it. Do not argue in IC, or through characters. And try avoiding arguing in OOC. We are all here to RP and enjoy ourselves, not to piss each other off.
  8. Villain characters are encouraged to enact chaos, vengeance, and destruction. And once caught and put behind bars they are encouraged to plan some epic escape plan. While Hero characters are encouraged to stop it all from happening.
  9. Feel free to control NPC's, such as the Police, Minor Thugs\Criminals, Bystanders and such. However, there is a few more important rules about this.
    1. If\When someone signs up as Commissioner Gordon, they are the ONLY ones that can control GCPD, SWAT and the Police force at large.
    2. If\When someone signs up as The Joker, they are the ONLY ones that can control The Joker's gang.
    3. The same rules as the ones above apply to Penguin's Henchmen, Two-Face's Gang and other groups. If your character is a group's leader? Then be their leader. Rule over them as you wish. Treat them like an ability\skill\resource of your character. I hope you get what I mean.
    4. It should be noted that by ONLY ones that can control something I mean their actions at large. For an example: If I controlled the Joker's gang, I would control where they performed their heists etc, but I would not control how effective they are against others in combat. RP'ing fighting each NPC would be very tiring for all players. Communicate and try to figure out the best course of action.
  10. Most importantly, do what you're here for: Have fun! :D
  11. And at all times, tenderly remember... some men just want to watch the world burn.

gotham_city_by_dblake.jpg

Perhaps one of you.
Swire Swire Alteras Alteras Hanarei Hanarei FireMaiden FireMaiden Safety Hammer Safety Hammer

Some veterans too, I suppose. Since this IS technically just a reboot. Hell, I even used the same BBCode.
Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Keltoi Keltoi Hammy Hammy Spacing Out Spacing Out DOUBLENICK3L DOUBLENICK3L
Note: I probably forgot some people. Tag anyone at your leisure.

Harley Quinn Harley Quinn
Let me guess... You want to be Harley Quinn?! If I was right, consider it yours. If I was wrong, let me know so I can feel like an idiot.

As a bit of a super fan, I can be co-gm. I know all about the DC universe

As a bit of a super fan, I can be co-gm. I know all about the DC universe
YES...
SCORE! I, uh, mean.

It's a pleasure to work with you. *Professional handshake*

Now, off to think who I'll claim for my character... Probably a deranged psychopath, but there's so many of them...
We have Joker...
Jason Todd...
Penguin...
Two-Face...

Or I can make an OC Serial Killer that kills people with explosions...
Or I can be Batman...
Or his son...
Or another Robin...
What do you think, Safety? Joker, or Jason Todd? I'd take Jason Todd, since he's on top of the food chain and he's hunting the Joker.

I uh, I'm on mobile and can't read most of what you wrote. It's all squished to the side and looks like a line of letters.

YES...
SCORE! I, uh, mean.

It's a pleasure to work with you. *Professional handshake*

Now, off to think who I'll claim for my character... Probably a deranged psychopath, but there's so many of them...
We have Joker...
Jason Todd...
Penguin...
Two-Face...

Or I can make an OC Serial Killer that kills people with explosions...
Or I can be Batman...
Or his son...
Or another Robin...
What do you think, Safety? Joker, or Jason Todd? I'd take Jason Todd, since he's on top of the food chain and he's hunting the Joker.
If it's cool with you, I'd like to be Azrael.

Interested. I don't know how well it'll turn out, seeing as I'm awful at making up plots, but I'd like to try my hand at Jonathan Crane once again.

Safety Hammer Safety Hammer FireMaiden FireMaiden Alteras Alteras Spacing Out Spacing Out Keltoi Keltoi Hammy Hammy Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen DankWaffles DankWaffles uwupolice uwupolice
Alright, I'll make a CS area very soon.

I'll need someone to play Batman, since what kind of Batman RP this would be without.... Batman? Also, dibs on Jason Todd. Tonight's special dish is vengeance served with two guns and a red mask.

In order to make sure everything is running properly, and we don't confuse shit, I've written down the ages all Robins and (Batsie) should be at, in order to avoid confusing everyone. These would be the ages of all Batfamily members currently.

Batman/Bruce Wayne: 34 to 35. Can be younger biologically with the use of Lazarus Pit at the player's discretion.
Barbara Gordon/Batgirl: 24-25
Robin/Nightwing/Dick Grayson: 22-23
2nd Robin/Red Hood/Jason Todd: 21-22.
3rd Robin/Red Robin/Tim Drake: 18-19
Robin???/Stephanie Brown: Roughly the same as Tim Drake.
4th Robin/Damian Wayne: 10-11
Batwoman/Kate Kane: Roughly same, or a little younger than Batman.
2nd Batgirl/Cassandra Cain: Honestly, I've got no idea. Ask Safety!

Last edited:
CAn you be more than one character?
For example can I be Harley and Penguin .

You say we have to stick to their backstory, could I use Penguin's Gotham backstory?
I know its not fully developed yet, but I could try and fill in the blanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back