• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Batman: Crusade in Darkness [OOC]

T
Created at
Index progress
Complete

• Gotham City, located on the eastern coast of the United States, is a hive of scum and villainy like no other in the entire country, and maybe the entire world. It's almost as if though there was an entity - a spirit of the city - and one that feeds on darkness and despair, that infected it with malignant, tangible evil.

Twenty-seven years ago, this evil was destined to give birth to yet another tragedy. When a small-time criminal, Joe Chill walked into an alleyway at the right time, he stumbled upon Gotham city's wealthiest family. Overtaken by greed, he killed the parents of the eight-year-old Bruce Wayne and fled the scene, leaving the boy alone and tormented.

Most, in the boy's place, would waver and be consumed by the evil of the city and join its madness; become a brutal, inhuman catalyst of more tragedies in a never-ending cycle. But through willpower and perseverance, he endured the darkness and rather than let it take him, he took its reins and used it for good.

Who is he, you ask? He is Gotham's protector and guardian. By night, her defender. By day, her first citizen.

He's the Caped Crusader, the Dark Knight, the World's Greatest Detective. He is the Batman.
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but are we sure we want characters on the power level of Spectre in this RP? Couldn't help but notice him in the roster. Gotham's typically pretty low level as far as power, and my understanding is that Spectre is more or less god tier. Way outclassing Ivy, who I generally think of as the power ceiling. Would there be modifications to make him fall in line, or am I just completely off base here?

Dont worry the spectre is only for an arc and a few pop ups and is highly depowered do to issues between host and spirit.

I meant depowered with the host and spirit not seeing eye to eye they are far weaker and mostly a morality challenge

Main character will be freeze

So for the most part the batfam can do their hero stuff and the rogues don't have to worry about getting the stuffing beat out of them instantly by the Spectre, right?

Last edited:
I'd like to put in a concept for an original character, a district attorney succeeding Harvey Dent. Gotham's new public champion.

Ummm... could I play both Penguin and Gordon? I mean, I have a lot of other villain ideas and (sub)plots, but I can start off with Ozzy and Gordon

Last edited:
Oswald_C_Cobblepot Oswald_C_Cobblepot Hope you don't mind me taking the liberty of 'borrowing' your organization for a job. But a job as big as Poison Ivy's planning needs muscle and she sure doesn't have it. I figure 50/50's pretty fair if she and her Rogues are assuming the risk (and the access) while the Penguin's men do the looting?

Epiphany Epiphany Assuming I am actually accepted xD ( Birdsie Birdsie ?), I don't mind it, as long as you stick to the idea that you do not actually know who Penguin is :) The whole concept is, at this moment, that the Organisation exists, but that people don't actually know who Penguin is. They deal with a lot of people, including his second-in-command, but no one actually met the Penguin :)

Epiphany Epiphany Assuming I am actually accepted xD ( Birdsie Birdsie ?), I don't mind it, as long as you stick to the idea that you do not actually know who Penguin is :) The whole concept is, at this moment, that the Organisation exists, but that people don't actually know who Penguin is. They deal with a lot of people, including his second-in-command, but no one actually met the Penguin :)
Aye!

Also, idea for Penguin: you know how Penguin is sometimes portrayed as a stocky, fat man, but this one is more realistic in that matter? How about a suit of armor that looks like a large paunch and causes the illusion of a large, penguin-like appearance? And a beak-shaped gas-mask on top of that.

Happy to play by those rules, leaving Oswald himself an optional attendee in the night's festivities.

Aye!

Also, idea for Penguin: you know how Penguin is sometimes portrayed as a stocky, fat man, but this one is more realistic in that matter? How about a suit of armor that looks like a large paunch and causes the illusion of a large, penguin-like appearance? And a beak-shaped gas-mask on top of that.

Ummmm... I’m not against a mask, as a symbol, But a suit of armour would be too Campy for my take on Penguin. Although, a male version of the Lady Arkham (Telltale) costume With a Penguin mask would be a good idea :D

Also, Birdsie Birdsie , is There a general story arc for now or? Because I have a lot of villain plots and subplots I could use, But not at the same time and I don’t want to crowd the list of taken characters 😂

Also, Birdsie Birdsie , is There a general story arc for now or? Because I have a lot of villain plots and subplots I could use, But not at the same time and I don’t want to crowd the list of taken characters 😂
Nah, it's just armageddon right now. We do plan to do something with the Specter, though.

Oswald’s a snob :/ He would view everyone Except himself as a lunatic. It’s nothing personal :/

It’s really just how Oswald views the criminals in Gotham. His Endgame’s order and Ivy, just Like every other A-list criminal, is a nuisance. It’s really nothing personal, I really liked how you devised Ivy and I am going to love our interaction ^^ But I have to be in character for Oswald to be realistic :D

Oh no worries. I laughed when I read your post and his characterization of her. Mostly because it lines up with my characterization of her, hence the meme. :)

It's funny and I'm amused you did it, no need to apologize.

Oh no worries. I laughed when I read your post and his characterization of her. Mostly because it lines up with my characterization of her, hence the meme. :)

It's funny and I'm amused you did it, no need to apologize.

Oh! I thought you got offended, as I’ve hand players before Who got offended When my character would insult them xD Which is silly to me :D

I’m glad we’re Okay ^^

Birdsie Birdsie I’ll have Gordon’s post up soon, he’ll be handling Crane! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back