Food Baking Stuff & Things

Imnothere

Say my name
<p>

Hey does anyone like to bake? I'm obsessed with it and my co-workers and boyfriend absolutely enjoy it. I like to do everything from scratch. I have so many things I haven't tried to make but I have a handful that I've worked with and find they turn out well.
Current Recipes Brownies Pumpkin Pie w/ Homemade Crust Apple Coffee Cake Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies Choc Chip Cookies Choc Mud Cake Peanut Butter Cookies Ganache (more a ratio thing than recipe)
I've been playing around with making the mud cake recently and working with white chocolate ganache. And after two meh attempts I think I figured out how to make a really good cake so it doesn't crack in the middle or sink in too much. If anyone wants recipes I don't mind sharing. And depending on how this birthday cake turns out I'll even share pictures of it.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got an oven recently and would like to start baking myself.

Do you know any good websites with recipes? Especially ones that use metric measurements...

SunshineZombies7 said:
Hey does anyone like to bake? I'm obsessed with it and my co-workers and boyfriend absolutely enjoy it.
I like to do everything from scratch. I have so many things I haven't tried to make but I have a handful that I've worked with and find they turn out well.

Current Recipes

Brownies

Pumpkin Pie w/ Homemade Crust

Apple Coffee Cake

Brown Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies

Choc Chip Cookies

Choc Mud Cake

Peanut Butter Cookies

Ganache (more a ratio thing than recipe)

I've been playing around with making the mud cake recently and working with white chocolate ganache. And after two meh attempts I think I figured out how to make a really good cake so it doesn't crack in the middle or sink in too much. If anyone wants recipes I don't mind sharing. And depending on how this birthday cake turns out I'll even share pictures of it.
Oooh! That pumpkin pie sounds appetizing! We've all been craving some for a while now. Maybe we can try it out?

I love to bake. Generally google is my recipe book, although I save the ones that are successful. I always look at the reviews of recipes to see if there are helpful suggestions, if something is likely to not work out so well, etc. Sometimes people suggest additions or substitutions that really help a lot.

One of my favorites is a recipe for brown sugar cookies, that uses cinnamon and ginger, so they're a lot like spice cookies, but without having to deal with the extra molasses (aside from what's already in the brown sugar).

I LOVE BAKING!

I'm gonna bake blueberry donuts next week! But so far, I've baked vanilla squares, snickerdoodles and blueberry scones!

[QUOTE="Super Waifu]I LOVE BAKING!
I'm gonna bake blueberry donuts next week! But so far, I've baked vanilla squares, snickerdoodles and blueberry scones!

[/QUOTE]
Woah! That sounds cool. Blueberry doughnuts... Mmmm...

[QUOTE="Super Waifu]Thanks! I really want to get more into baking! ...Although I'm not too good at cooking. ;w;

[/QUOTE]
xD I wish I could actually bring myself to cook. We have some good recipes, I just like eating more than cooking :P

Daisie said:
xD I wish I could actually bring myself to cook. We have some good recipes, I just like eating more than cooking :P
THAT IS SO RELATEABLE. It takes so much strength to not eat everything after I've baked... ;w;

[QUOTE="Super Waifu]THAT IS SO RELATEABLE. It takes so much strength to not eat everything after I've baked... ;w;

[/QUOTE]
Yeah. Cooking most definitely isn't my favorite thing to do, but I so love to eat. I could eat so many homemade potato doughnuts right now... Mmmmm....

Daisie said:
Yeah. Cooking most definitely isn't my favorite thing to do, but I so love to eat. I could eat so many homemade potato doughnuts right now... Mmmmm....
Stooop omg. You're making me so hungry! xD But those sound delicious!

One of the main reasons I got into baking was because I like to bake for my friends.

[QUOTE="Super Waifu]Stooop omg. You're making me so hungry! xD But those sound delicious!
One of the main reasons I got into baking was because I like to bake for my friends.

[/QUOTE]
I can make you more hungry. How about homemade apple crisp? With ice cream?

Ah! That's pretty neat! ( :) )

I absolutely love baking, I do it whenever I can. I especially love making cupcakes and muffins. Lately I've been a little obsessed with pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and caramel apple pie muffins. Mmmm

iranaiko said:
I just got an oven recently and would like to start baking myself.
Do you know any good websites with recipes? Especially ones that use metric measurements...
To be honest I just go online and search. I need to get a kitchen scale and it would really help with recipes but I usually just ask Google what the conversion is for something I don't know.

Alorie said:
I love to bake. Generally google is my recipe book, although I save the ones that are successful. I always look at the reviews of recipes to see if there are helpful suggestions, if something is likely to not work out so well, etc. Sometimes people suggest additions or substitutions that really help a lot.
One of my favorites is a recipe for brown sugar cookies, that uses cinnamon and ginger, so they're a lot like spice cookies, but without having to deal with the extra molasses (aside from what's already in the brown sugar).
Hahaha yeah I use Google a lot too. Usually blogs I find. And those sound amazing.

[QUOTE="Super Waifu]I LOVE BAKING!

[/QUOTE]
I absolutely love scones :) I used to work at a bakery and they made scones and I ate way too many. I think they were blueberry white chocolate ones and OMNOMNOM :P If you wanted to try something new for your snickerdoodles you could try the brown butter ones. Makes them very rich in flavor.

ClumsyCalamity said:
I absolutely love baking, I do it whenever I can. I especially love making cupcakes and muffins. Lately I've been a little obsessed with pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and caramel apple pie muffins. Mmmm
I haven't made many muffins but I usually do apple cinnamon ones. Do you use milk or do you use yogurt? I prefer yogurt but that's just me.

Daisie said:
Oooh! That pumpkin pie sounds appetizing! We've all been craving some for a while now. Maybe we can try it out?
That should be everything :) The pumpkin pie recipe makes one full pie with leftover filling. It could possible make two but my pie dish is too big.

• 2 cups pumpkin (I use butternut squash)

354 ml evaporated milk

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup white sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 eggs & 1 yolk

2 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon ginger

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon cloves

1/4 teaspoon cardamon

1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (I usually pass because I never have them)

SunshineZombies7 said:
That should be everything :) The pumpkin pie recipe makes one full pie with leftover filling. It could possible make two but my pie dish is too big.

354 ml evaporated milk

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup white sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 eggs & 1 yolk

2 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon ginger

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon cloves

1/4 teaspoon cardamon

Thanks so much! I'm gonna copy that and put it in a doc!

SunshineZombies7 said:

354 ml evaporated milk

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/3 cup white sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 eggs & 1 yolk

2 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon ginger

1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

1/4 teaspoon cloves

1/4 teaspoon cardamon

Coool! Thanks for the recipe!! ( :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back