Back on the subject of Movement... You can't every tick

Bwahahahaaaa... I'd say 3+cheetah's pace. That or you can calculate the speed of the horse from its long ticks speed.

The galloping speed for an "average" horse is 30mph, which works out to 14-15 yards per tick, if you assume 1 tick = 1 second.

Alright, then what's the speed of a flying gryphon in yards per tick? The rules really need a quick way to determine such things.

Kyeudo said:
That brings up something that's always bothered me. Exactly how fast does a horse move in combat?
I used the speed as if the horse was a human with wolf's pace (+2 to move) and the three points fleet of foot merit (+6 dash). The horse, thus, moved 6 yards and dashed 16 yards.

cyl said:
Bwahahahaaaa... I'd say 3+cheetah's pace. That or you can calculate the speed of the horse from its long ticks speed.
Gazelle's Pace and Cheetah's Pace only adds to long distance speed, allowing the character to move as a horse and a simple horse relay, respectivelly.

Flamane said:
Gazelle's Pace and Cheetah's Pace only adds to long distance speed, allowing the character to move as a horse and a simple horse relay, respectivelly.
It adds to both combat movement and long-distance travel. Long-distance travel is less intuitive in how it is calculated, however. The mutations presume you can do the simple math necessary to figure out the in-combat benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back