Autochthon 2.0?

Flagg

The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment
I've only read through some of the book so far, but I did get through the (very terse and to-the-point) 'history of Creation' section.

I noticed a conspicuous lack of Autochthon. Not only isn't he mentioned, but I believe it explictly states that Gaia is the ONLY surviving Primordial.

Q'est-ce que le fuck?

-S

Sweet. I love them, ignore the silly mecha-autobots.

Ok, sorry. Shouldnt have said that. But I leave it here for the provocation value, even if I realize it didnt add anything constructive to the thread.

Well he is still mentioned, but curiously he is no longer the creator of the exalted. the US was that appearently and autochton only provided the weapons, i.e. artifacts. at least it is easily possible to read that into the text.

Safim said:
Well he is still mentioned, but curiously he is no longer the creator of the exalted. the US was that appearently and autochton only provided the weapons, i.e. artifacts. at least it is easily possible to read that into the text.
Page ref, please?

-S

On the pages 30 and 31 "The creation of the exalted":

First it states the US suggested taking human champions, then it says gaia/the elemental dragons created the dragonblooded and afterwards it says autochton the first smith gave the exalted their gear.

Autochton is never related to the exaltation in the whole paragraph, actually it is his only mention in the whole book me thinks.

Hmm interesting turn of events. I'll ignore Zaramis' provocation   :P  but that does seem...weird to me. I dunno, I still like he gave them artifice, but it was kinda interesting seeing that a Primordial gave them the Exalted shards. *shrug* that's me I guess.

I acutally liked it, too. But the fact that you afterwards always had this autochton saves the shards and nobody else can cure the curse plot lingering around annoyed me. I think it fits the setting better... and funnily now the alchemicals really feel like autochtons true exalts, both primodials went for mass over class.

That is true. Numbers do work out most of the time and can overcome class if they work hard enough (see: Locust Crusade and reference Usurpation)

Another interesting change is that the book now clearly states that the primodials made creation cause they were tired of battling the fairfolk and it also says that the nature of the two factions are inimical to each other. so the primodials are not overcharged fey.

THere were two things I wanted changed about the Autochthonian book, and this are not among them. The beam-klave description, and the explanation for Autochthonian soulsteel, and that's it.

Zaramis' words will be recalled when the Alchemicals take over Creation.

I like it that Autochthon is not the source of every creation.  It is kind of repititious that every item or idea of importance in the game was attributed to him in first edition.  It really takes away from any other Primordial or god since none of them were attributed with anything significant.  What role did any Primordial, besides Auto, play in 1et ed?  Now we have other Primordials displaying some power also.  

I like the explanation for how the Exalts were created and how the gods could not have any power over them otherwise the whole war would have ended rather fast, but it does beg the question; Were any of the gods forced to fight the Exalts to defend the Primordials?  Did the US go after his own Exalts because he was compelled to?

I really did not like the Autobot book since it seemed to just be trying to one-up the Sidereal book, which was munchkin to begin with.   :P

Off the topic of Autobot hating (anything not Autobot worship is not good enough :( ,) the comic on Page 354 has Autochthonians being busted by a Solar (a practitioner of Righteous Devil style, I think?) Also... they are called "Locusts" too.

I crapped my pants when I saw this. :D omg Autobots <333

A pity. I've never liked the original mentality of Autochthonians becoming just another plague to strike Creation--among the three scenarios, I liked 'Quest' best.

Yes. The Quest for the Great Source is my favorite from the Autochthonians book, too... The Locust War would be catastrophic, however the Quest is more... epic.

Though, I think those two scenarios could be merged somehow...

Now, now, let's save this for the Virtue of the Steam Faction thread. Then we'll see how much support your claims have   :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back