• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Auger Sign OOC

When I mean episode, I'm relating to a television show reference. For example, an T.V. episode is 30 minutes to an hour to solve a plot. I guess a better term would be Arc. Think of the current turn 1~4 as part of the School Skirmish Arc/Episode.
I mean, to be honest, I was thinking of it in anime terms, too.

Yes, and then she'd use that as a jumping off point to get a better grasp on it. Basically a head start as it were.

No, that's everything I needed. If High Tides tells her enough to give her the impression that the Empire is the real bad guy here, she'd likely side with them. Vivi is based off of a different character who had a history of sympathizing with people who seem bad but really do things for good reason, so her joining the terrorists would be par for the course. :L

Although, if it's a lie, she won't really know the difference if they're that convincing.

Alright, maybe when she's on the ship, or whenever you want Vivian to start using her Auger, she can start learning.

Yeah, I don't want to give up to much information and remove some of the mystery elements, which is why I'm using a simple cliché reason that's historically accurate with most terrorists. Your character doesn't necessarily need to be fully loyal to the High Tides. They can lie too.

Let's see how your character grows, if she joins up with the High Tides.

I mean, to be honest, I was thinking of it in anime terms, too.

Yeah that's what I was going for. If at some point, we all lose interest in the roleplay, I'll think of an ending, even if we don't get to 100+ turns.

Kloudy Kloudy

Great post. This is just a reminder. If your character uses their Auger frequently, they can drain their stamina/vitality pretty fast, so be wary of the time frame your character uses their Auger in. You don't have to change your current post, but in your next post, your character will be somewhat fatigued.

Kloudy Kloudy

Great post. This is just a reminder. If your character uses their Auger frequently, they can drain their stamina/vitality pretty fast, so be wary of the time frame your character uses their Auger in. You don't have to change your current post, but in your next post, your character will be somewhat fatigued.

Alrighty, although he'll probably still keep using it despite its effects to his body. xD
That's just how he is. :3

Bari Bari Kloudy Kloudy
Alrighty, although he'll probably still keep using it despite its effects to his body. xD
That's just how he is. :3

It's only like that due to Auger limitations. If your character does overuse the Auger like freezing someone for several minutes or using it several times in a row, your character will probably collapse from the stress. The fatigue he receives should warn him to be careful of his power, which is why I'm suggesting it for the next post.

Bari Bari Kloudy Kloudy

It's only like that due to Auger limitations. If your character does overuse the Auger like freezing someone for several minutes or using it several times in a row, your character will probably collapse from the stress. The fatigue he receives should warn him to be careful of his power, which is why I'm suggesting it for the next post.

Oh no, I totally get that. I'm just saying it's his character to not particularly care what happens to himself so long as he's winning. All risk all reward, as they say.

Bari Bari Kloudy Kloudy

Great posts everyone. I'll get up Turn 5 this week. Since they're long posts, they take a while for me. I honestly didn't expect you all to get posts up so quickly, haha.

Great posts everyone. I'll get up Turn 5 this week. Since they're long posts, they take a while for me. I honestly didn't expect you all to get posts up so quickly, haha.
To be fair, there's only two of us left, so we might as well post quickly. And it's fine if it takes a while. You're balancing a lot of moving parts and it's fun to get a long read once a week. It kind of makes it more like an anime that way.

To be fair, there's only two of us left, so we might as well post quickly. And it's fine if it takes a while. You're balancing a lot of moving parts and it's fun to get a long read once a week. It kind of makes it more like an anime that way.

As long as you all are fine with the slow pacing, I'll keep it that way. It's not the writing that takes a while. It's coming up with ideas to move the story along.

As long as you all are fine with the slow pacing, I'll keep it that way. It's not the writing that takes a while. It's coming up with ideas to move the story along.

You are honestly one of my favourite gms ever. xD

I'm totally fine with whatever speed you want. I mean, dont go as slow as you can of course, but whatever's comfortable. xb

You are honestly one of my favourite gms ever. xD

I'm totally fine with whatever speed you want. I mean, dont go as slow as you can of course, but whatever's comfortable. xb

Thanks for your feedback and I appreciate the compliment. This is my first time GMing a roleplay. Originally, I was trying to find a Code Geass fandom roleplay, but since I couldn't find any, I made my own.

Thanks for your feedback and I appreciate the compliment. This is my first time GMing a roleplay. Originally, I was trying to find a Code Geass fandom roleplay, but since I couldn't find any, I made my own.

Idk if this is beginner's luck or you're just a whole new breed of rp gm innovation, but even with just the three of us I'm still greatly enjoying myself. : D
Can't wait for what Turn 5 has in store for us!

Idk if this is beginner's luck or you're just a whole new breed of rp gm innovation, but even with just the three of us I'm still greatly enjoying myself. : D
Can't wait for what Turn 5 has in store for us!

Turn 5 won't be as major as turn 4 but I am going to add something Which may seem major. It just depends what ideas I can flesh out before I post. I don't have a script so everything is fresh depending on inspirations.

Turn 5 won't be as major as turn 4 but I am going to add something Which may seem major. It just depends what ideas I can flesh out before I post. I don't have a script so everything is fresh depending on inspirations.

I mean, you don't have to do it all alone? Given that we're such a small player base in this rp, perhaps we can all do a bit of brainstorming together? I certainly have ideas as to where we can take this, short term and long term. : )

I mean, you don't have to do it all alone? Given that we're such a small player base in this rp, perhaps we can all do a bit of brainstorming together? I certainly have ideas as to where we can take this, short term and long term. : )

I've said previously that I'm down to view any of my roleplayers ideas. So feel free to barrage me with any short term or long term ideas. As long as they don't affect other role players characters which is just Vivian, they should be fine. If you do want to affect other role players characters you need their permission first.

For example, William shooting Vivian. You can write that as an attempt but if you want her to actually be shot you need Baris approval.

Well I didn't particularly mean interactions as such, more about general plot brainstorming for current events as well. Regarding just my character, he'll probably try to pull a Lelouch and install himself as the Overlord of the world or something later down the line. Right now? He'll probably stick with the High Tides and attempt to usurp Captain Tatankoch somehow in an attempt to gain more power. Then it's just a case of trying to unite the other countries against Eranye and with some tactical combat strategies, it should be smooth sailing from there.

Well that's William's current plan anyway, it's been made more ambitious due to getting the auger. Before he was probably just gonna use the High Tides to get rich, but now he's aiming a little higher.

Well I didn't particularly mean interactions as such, more about general plot brainstorming for current events as well. Regarding just my character, he'll probably try to pull a Lelouch and install himself as the Overlord of the world or something later down the line. Right now? He'll probably stick with the High Tides and attempt to usurp Captain Tatankoch somehow in an attempt to gain more power. Then it's just a case of trying to unite the other countries against Eranye and with some tactical combat strategies, it should be smooth sailing from there.

Well that's William's current plan anyway, it's been made more ambitious due to getting the auger. Before he was probably just gonna use the High Tides to get rich, but now he's aiming a little higher.

That can certainly happen but it'll be a slow process. Do you have any idea how he gets the inspiration to want to conquer the world?

That can certainly happen but it'll be a slow process. Do you have any idea how he gets the inspiration to want to conquer the world?

Oh no, he already wants to. XD
He's simply just that crazy and twisted, he feels as if he will feel a sense of justice should he become ruler. Otherwise, he's not really sure of what he wants. His father has already been revenge killed so aside from personal gain and pleasure, he doesn't really have any other goals. He's pretty transparent like that.

Oh no, he already wants to. XD
He's simply just that crazy and twisted, he feels as if he will feel a sense of justice should he become ruler. Otherwise, he's not really sure of what he wants. His father has already been revenge killed so aside from personal gain and pleasure, he doesn't really have any other goals. He's pretty transparent like that.

It's a dandy goal but limiting the inspiration to crazy downplays the significance. For example, Lelouch wants to become King of the world in order to unite everyone. Light wants to become god because he wants to rid the world of injustice which is quantified into those who are against his moral ideals.

Maybe your character wants to become Overlord in order to prove himself to the world. Or they're treating the throne as a gamble or game. Or he has a god complex. Saying crazy or a wicked sense of justice without justification makes his inspiration less believable.

This is just criticism to help develop your characters inspirations if they want their goal to be conquering the world.

Hmm... Well his thing his gambling. Perhaps his lifelong goal is the pursuit of the ultimate gamble? Everything he possesses, his life, his assets, his friends, colleagues and subordinates, his time - all at risk for the chance to become a true deity of the world? He also loves power, so that would align with his interests. Feeling in control is also a vice of his. Challenges are also very welcome to him.

Originally, I was thinking that he was so crazy that he would simply try for world domination just because he could, no real rhyme or reason to it other than insanity. But yeah, perhaps it can be a little column A and a little column B after all.

Hmm... Well his thing his gambling. Perhaps his lifelong goal is the pursuit of the ultimate gamble? Everything he possesses, his life, his assets, his friends, colleagues and subordinates, his time - all at risk for the chance to become a true deity of the world? He also loves power, so that would align with his interests. Feeling in control is also a vice of his. Challenges are also very welcome to him.

Originally, I was thinking that he was so crazy that he would simply try for world domination just because he could, no real rhyme or reason to it other than insanity. But yeah, perhaps it can be a little column A and a little column B after all.

Now we are getting good inspiration. The ultimate gamble is good but let's take a look at the other inspirations.

Why does he love power? What does he seek power for? We know he loves to gamble cause it is risky and fun for your character.

Why does he want to feel in control? Is it due to his past? Or what reason makes him feel this way?

He enjoys challenges but we can set those aside as gambles unless you mean something else from this word?

There's always a reason to madness, even insanity. If an insane person wants to stab someone with a Banana, it's because that insane person thought their victim was something or was doing something that prompted that response. If you want to use insanity, there has to be a trigger for desiring the throne. For example, his insanity is his gambling habit.

Well his insanity springs from the trauma of his father betraying him by robbing his house, leaving him and killing his mother. He felt powerless and betrayed and not-in control. Hence why he strives to ensure loyalty through gaining power so that he can always be in control.

He has the gambling thing because his father also had a gambling addiction and sort of brainwashed William a little when he was younger. It only turned into a full blown obsession and addiction like his father's when his father had done what he did. William pulled a batman and has now taken to the very thing that scarred him.

As for why he does things due to madness, well that's fairly simple. Attain pleasure by any means necessary. His scrambled brain finds pleasure in all sorts of odd and weird things, but having others experience the confusion, pain and fear that he had once felt in that fateful day with his father seems to be the main attraction for him. This usually draws him to reenact what his father had done in varying ways. If that's simply killing people, threatening their lives with physical threats, or mental/political torture (such as calling a recent addition to the High Tides to the captain's room, only for them to find the captain dead with the blame laid on them. And guess who steps up to fill the captains role, hint hint) to facilitate his own fantasies or advancements in the world.

Ultimately, the two sides to William are the professional tactical and logical, relatively sane mindset where he actually strives to achieve his goals in the world, and the side where he completely submits to his guilty pleasures and vices by allowing himself to be consumed in insanity, lashing it out onto anyone nearby. Two sides of the same coin, it's just a matter of luck whether you get the logical or maniacal side of him.

Well his insanity springs from the trauma of his father betraying him by robbing his house, leaving him and killing his mother. He felt powerless and betrayed and not-in control. Hence why he strives to ensure loyalty through gaining power so that he can always be in control.

He has the gambling thing because his father also had a gambling addiction and sort of brainwashed William a little when he was younger. It only turned into a full blown obsession and addiction like his father's when his father had done what he did. William pulled a batman and has now taken to the very thing that scarred him.

As for why he does things due to madness, well that's fairly simple. Attain pleasure by any means necessary. His scrambled brain finds pleasure in all sorts of odd and weird things, but having others experience the confusion, pain and fear that he had once felt in that fateful day with his father seems to be the main attraction for him. This usually draws him to reenact what his father had done in varying ways. If that's simply killing people, threatening their lives with physical threats, or mental/political torture (such as calling a recent addition to the High Tides to the captain's room, only for them to find the captain dead with the blame laid on them. And guess who steps up to fill the captains role, hint hint) to facilitate his own fantasies or advancements in the world.

Ultimately, the two sides to William are the professional tactical and logical, relatively sane mindset where he actually strives to achieve his goals in the world, and the side where he completely submits to his guilty pleasures and vices by allowing himself to be consumed in insanity, lashing it out onto anyone nearby. Two sides of the same coin, it's just a matter of luck whether you get the logical or maniacal side of him.

Thanks for the detailed insight. Now that we have the inspiration and how he'll act with his motivations, I can ask this question. When did he start to want to rule over the world? It can be a straight forward answer or one that's complex. If you answer because he's always wanted to, it won't make much sense unless we give an event that triggered that idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back