Anyone else here hoping for an Undertale spin-off game?

Beccy

Doorknob
I really hope that Toby Fox either keeps updating the game or, if he doesn't plan on adding to Undertale, making a new game from it.

I really want to know more about W.D. Gastor. Like, did he always have that split in his head? It mentions in the game that he died in a accident involving the core... Does that mean that he fell into the lava?

Come on, Toby, tell us!!

Not sure if it's confirmed, but I've heard there's going to be a second game made.

I hope so too, because Undertale was an enjoyable game with an amazing soundtrack, and it made it feel like I had friends.

In my personal opinion, Undertale was given far more praise than it actually... deserved. I believe the game had a killer story and all, but the gameplay wasn't exactly something that I'd say "Game of the year" or "Game of a lifetime". However, based on what I've read and tried of the game already, I'd say that a sequel would be very nice.

ETC said:
Not sure if it's confirmed, but I've heard there's going to be a second game made.
I remember reading that a side game was listed as one of the crowd funding's stretch goals. Supposedly revolving around the character OP is hoping for. That said I haven't bothered looking into it. I went into Undertale completely in the dark aside from my friend's comment of it being "the best thing since sliced Earthbound" and got significantly more out of the experience so I'll just wait and see whatever we may get.

Krozy said:
In my personal opinion, Undertale was given far more praise than it actually... deserved. I believe the game had a killer story and all, but the gameplay wasn't exactly something that I'd say "Game of the year" or "Game of a lifetime".
For me it's a case of its strengths far exceeding its weaknesses. The writing is clever, characters are great, OST is phenomenal, and the entire theme of deconstructing RPG tropes was handled perfectly. "Game of a lifetime" is ridiculous, yeah. People are just riding the hype of a month-ish old game. I'd say it was my game of 2015 though. Strong competition too, Bloodborne and Splatoon were both contenders.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ammy said:
For me it's a case of its strengths far exceeding its weaknesses. The writing is clever, characters are great, OST is phenomenal, and the entire theme of deconstructing RPG tropes was handled perfectly. "Game of a lifetime" is ridiculous, yeah. People are just riding the hype of a month-ish old game. I'd say it was my game of 2015 though. Strong competition too, Bloodborne and Splatoon were both contenders.
That's a very fair argument. I see why people believe it's such a great game because what we both believe fullhearted is that the writing/story/concept was very greatly designed.

I'd like one where it's a monster exploring the human world. it'd be harder to make people like you, and it would explain what the human side is like.

I'm definitely up for another game based around the Undertale World or based upon the same game mechanics. Though it would be pretty enjoyable, I fear that it wouldn't meet its expectations to equal Undertale's quality.

I had a lot of fun with Undertale, and I enjoyed the music a LOT more than I was expecting to. If a sequel or a new game means more of that music, it would be an insta-buy for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back