Anima Totem Limit?

Caelun_Niveus

A quick question about Exalted anima banners, particularly Solar and Abyssal. What limit can I have for what the banner is? Examples, Can a Dawn caste have a "blizzard" of cherry blossoms, that fill the entire area the Lawgiver is in, or for a Pirate Abyssal, can her anima banner turn surrounding water into (what looks like) blood? Perhaps a fire aspect with the banner of a falcon, which encases his fist when he preforms his most powerful punches? Or am I limited to backdrops and basically really pretty but animated wallpaper.

It's pretty much restricted to whatever you consider sufficiently awesome. I've heard of a guy whose banner was "Helloween", in that the imagery thematic to helloween would spring within his anima's light.

My Zenith's banner is twofold: The main "flare" becomes multiple lines swirling quickly around her and an afterimage of her movements follow. Tends to appear mostly when she's doing guitar solos.

So... for the Pirate Deathknight (still need to settle on her caste, but...)

"The sky seems to darken, a crimson wave crashes behind her, and all nearby water acquires the smell, taste, and color of blood. At sea the ocean seems to become rough and stormy, though the ship sways no different."

Hm... Aside from what it would do in a desert, and possibly attracting a ton of sharks to any sea battle, would this be good?

I'd put most of it under a normal flare, and the wave being the banner itself, but the whole thing seems fine to me.

The exact bounds of what an anima can be vary from person to person, since from my understanding there isn't a set guideline. My personal rule of thumb, no real effects beyond stunt fodder, and it should be cool/fun.

magnificentmomo said:
The exact bounds of what an anima can be vary from person to person, since from my understanding there isn't a set guideline. My personal rule of thumb, no real effects beyond stunt fodder, and it should be cool/fun.
What about super-imposing :evil: faces on all your opponents?

Captain Hesperus

magnificentmomo said:
The exact bounds of what an anima can be vary from person to person' date=' since from my understanding there isn't a set guideline. My personal rule of thumb, no real effects beyond stunt fodder, and it should be cool/fun.[/quote']
What about super-imposing :evil: faces on all your opponents?

Captain Hesperus
Or making everything move in non-continuous way and with an aspect resembling that of paper dolls in stop-motion animation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back