Among the Nations

A question: Where do you guys get your pictures, and what sort of thing do you search? I'm really struggling to find the right sort of stuff...

[QUOTE="**Schmunky**]A question: Where do you guys get your pictures, and what sort of thing do you search? I'm really struggling to find the right sort of stuff...

[/QUOTE]
Pictures aren't necessary (You might have noticed neither of the GMs are using them). If you want to use them, KillerKougami would know. I'd guess DeviantART?

Also, I made a flag for my confederacy!

ConfederacyFlag_zps139c7d11.png

The circles symbolize the original members of the confederacy (Including the Rausfar! And smelly Havrai elf-shelterers!). The purple represents their princely character (PURPLE IS THE MANLY COLOR OF KINGS!). The red is the "bond of blood", both blood spilled and shared *cough* human *cough* blood. Blue refers to them being an island/seafaring nation.

The white lines are there because they look pretty

[QUOTE="Oskar DiLondra]I think they got them from Pinterest... I remember that being mentioned somewhere...

[/QUOTE]
Oskar's right!

Now that I'm really thinking about it, MMORPG websites's concept art sections might be really good sources.

Of course! I thought they looked a bit like concept art

Embluss said:
Oskar's right!
Now that I'm really thinking about it, MMORPG websites's concept art sections might be really good sources.
Of course! I thought they looked a bit like concept art.

I have the feeling I should start this, but I don't know where to start xD .

Sent from my HTC M7 with Tapatalk

xD . I'm sure you'll find a way! You could do a really cheesy. "In the age of mankind and elves, there were [insert number here] kingdoms... Yada yada yada..."

[QUOTE="Oskar DiLondra]
xD . I'm sure you'll find a way! You could do a really cheesy. "In the age of mankind and elves, there were [insert number here] kingdoms... Yada yada yada..."

[/QUOTE]
I'm just thinking about my civ. You guys can start if you want. I'm not planning to do a general world intro...

Oh God, now I wanna dredge up some of our old thread intros...

Embluss said:
I'm just thinking about my civ. You guys can start if you want. I'm not planning to do a general world intro...
Oh God, now I wanna dredge up some of our old thread intros...

xD . I'm definitely not starting, I wanna see how at least one other person does it. it's my first time doing this type of RolePlay.

[QUOTE="Oskar DiLondra]
xD . I'm definitely not starting, I wanna see how at least one other person does it. it's my first time doing this type of RolePlay.

[/QUOTE]
Well, I've done it. Took me forever to get it going, but I've got three story arcs rolling now.

Oh cool, sorry I wasn't trying to complain, just checking everyone hadn't forgotten about this! Excuse my impatience!!:tongue:

It's kl! I know that I've taken ages, it's just, I'm struggling to think of what to write, and I have to complete some work as well...

Sorry, I forgot to follow each thread, so I wasn't getting notifications about it. To answer your question from ages ago, I get most of my art from pinterest. Its very easy to organize and find. However, they are usually linked to sites such as deivanttart, so you could definitely look there. Its my last week of this semester for my schooling, so I'm bombarded by midterm tests and projects. I also am trying to wrap my brain around how to use the magic in the rp. But, I should have mine up tonight. 
When I say "tonight" I mean around 1 or 2 am. xD Which for me, thats in about 9hrs. So it will probably be sooner than that actually.

Ack! Cursed lack of notices! D: I'll come up with something fantastical in the next day or two, homework's a real bother. >.>

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no excuse, just forgot... And fell asleep... 
Would it be alright with people if I just added significant locations to my nation as I, or someone else, sees/is in them? Or should I add all that I can make now? 
Also (Triple post) Embluss is purple, right?

[QUOTE="Oskar DiLondra]I have no excuse, just forgot... And fell asleep... 
Would it be alright with people if I just added significant locations to my nation as I, or someone else, sees/is in them? Or should I add all that I can make now? 
Also (Triple post) Embluss is purple, right?

[/QUOTE]
Yes, yes. Just maintain proper population density and reasonable patterns.

Planning to post tonight. Response to Schmunky, something about a trail across the torrid zone, maybe clearing up how my ships cross too, more magic...

Kougami, I'm thinking I should launch an expedition towards your guys. Maybe a human nomad from the interior shows up in the Confederation or the elven city states to the north (That archer?), somehow ends up getting listened to, expedition launches. Cue "We're going along the fictitious silk road!" montage. Show up, meet the victim lady, and LOOK MEANINGFULLY AT SCAR!

Or something. That all good by you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back